Discharged NFGT battery problems.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
DISCHARGED NFGT BATTERY PROBLEMS.
AVOID / RESOLVE THEM.

I am sharing here a text that I wrote in French and in English, to help my europeans friends, owners of a Ford GT 2017+.
As I am neither a professional nor a technician, these are only "advice" and do not engage my responsibility.

The text is organized as follows:
  • The problems and their origin.
  • Permanent charge.
  • Slight opening of the driver's window.
  • Access device to the battery contacts, even closed car. (Expanded in a following post).
  • Recharge the battery.
  • Use of a "Jump-Starter" or "Booster". (Expanded in a following post).
  • Troubleshooting during a trip.
The link is :

https://forum-auto.caradisiac.com/topic/481497-batteries-ford-gt-2017-problèmes-et-solutions/

Some pictures :

IMG_0763.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0762.jpeg
    IMG_0762.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0761.jpeg
    IMG_0761.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0764.jpg
    IMG_0764.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0767.jpg
    IMG_0767.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: ByeEnzo

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Wow! Merci for the detailed explanation and fix in both French and English!!
Quests; I have 2019 with charging port in trunk and Updated charger. Will the updated charger bring back a dead battery, if not , and it needs to be “jump” started. Can we use the port in the trunk , or we need to go directly to battery?

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
A dead battery can not be jumped from the rear access. A sleeping battery can be woken up from the rear by pressing the charger button for ten seconds. If the battery is truly dead, holding the charge button down for 10 seconds the 7 amps charger should be able to enable either the key fob and then door button or the rear engine cover door strap to drop the window and open the door. Then the jump can be made from the front access.

Last edited:

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Did you drill into the flat battery post? Or attach the positive wire to the bolt inside the plastic box cover?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
To the bolt inside the cover. No drilling required.

Mr.Peebles

GT Owner
Jun 19, 2019
While my ordering process does not begin until later this year, I read your entire post with great interest. What strikes me most is the very thorough and professional way you presented solutions for other NFGT owners. Personally, I'm grateful to see the community of owners of these extraordinary vehicles working hard to look out after one another. Thank you for all your efforts!

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
To the bolt inside the cover. No drilling required.

Thanks Doc!

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
While my ordering process does not begin until later this year, I read your entire post with great interest. What strikes me most is the very thorough and professional way you presented solutions for other NFGT owners. Personally, I'm grateful to see the community of owners of these extraordinary vehicles working hard to look out after one another. Thank you for all your efforts!

A big THANK YOU for the kindness of your words.

Since 2013, I have tried to be an active and totally selfless ambassador for the Ford GT in Europe.
It is for me a big part of the pleasure of owning these cars.
Usually ungrateful, but testimonials like yours give me the energy I need.

IMG_0735 2.jpeg

Last edited: