06 FGT Window Sticker - wanted

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Anyone know it there's any chance of getting a reproduction window sticker for an 05/06 car? I don't have one for my car and I was hoping I might be able to get one.

I tried Ford Show Parts last year, in July, when I purchased the "Ford GT Certificate Package". I waited for 5 months and after a bunch of enquiry's I was told that I can't get one for my 06 car because the original window sticker isn't available. I replied "I doubt you would have the original window sticker as the original would have been o sold with the car back in 2006." I asked them "aren't you selling a reproduction?" Their reply was "a reproduction is not available for your 06."

I don't get it because they advertise them on their site. Why advertise them if you can't get one?

Anywho, does anyone know of another source where I could get a reproduction window sticker for my car?

QSS

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
After a search I now realize there were 2 window stickers for each car but it looks like my 2nd sticker was probably purchased but a past owner so it is not available through Ford Show parts.

Are there any other options to get a reproduction window sticker for my car or am I shit out of luck?

QSS

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

FerrariSlayer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 3, 2014
Spring, TX
I had the same problem when I bought my car. I was told the 2nd window sticker was not available when I called Ford Show Parts. I then moved on to the CarFax in an attempt to track down the previous owners to see if they by chance had the sticker. No luck. about a year later, I called Ford Show Parts again to see if they had a record of where the 2nd sticker was sent. When he went to look up the information, he returned to the line and said "I have the sticker right here". Needless to say, I was pretty stoked and bought it without hesitation. That said....see if they have a record of where the 2nd sticker was sent and try to track it down that way.

Reactions: FORDGT0506
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I had the same problem when I bought my car. I was told the 2nd window sticker was not available when I called Ford Show Parts. I then moved on to the CarFax in an attempt to track down the previous owners to see if they by chance had the sticker. No luck. about a year later, I called Ford Show Parts again to see if they had a record of where the 2nd sticker was sent. When he went to look up the information, he returned to the line and said "I have the sticker right here". Needless to say, I was pretty stoked and bought it without hesitation. That said....see if they have a record of where the 2nd sticker was sent and try to track it down that way.
I'll try call Ford Show Parts again and I'll track it down though the previous owners. Thanks for the ideas.

QSS

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Yes I did. See post #1.

QSS

Whoops, sorry. I remembered I had the link and had completely forgotten the name of the place, which of course is right there in the darn link - Duh.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Whoops, sorry. I remembered I had the link and had completely forgotten the name of the place, which of course is right there in the darn link - Duh.
All good, no worries. Thanks for trying to help me out.

QSS

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Anyone know it there's any chance of getting a reproduction window sticker for an 05/06 car? I don't have one for my car and I was hoping I might be able to get one.

I tried Ford Show Parts last year, in July, when I purchased the "Ford GT Certificate Package". I waited for 5 months and after a bunch of enquiry's I was told that I can't get one for my 06 car because the original window sticker isn't available. I replied "I doubt you would have the original window sticker as the original would have been o sold with the car back in 2006." I asked them "aren't you selling a reproduction?" Their reply was "a reproduction is not available for your 06."

I don't get it because they advertise them on their site. Why advertise them if you can't get one?

Anywho, does anyone know of another source where I could get a reproduction window sticker for my car?

QSS
Only one kit was made per vin. If a previous owner already claimed it you can't get another.

FORDGT0506

Jan 10, 2019
Wixom, Michigan
is the 2nd window any diffderent the other ? thanks

CampoLady

GT Owner
May 25, 2018
So there were 2 window stickers? I only have 1 that came with the vehicle...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So there were 2 window stickers? I only have 1 that came with the vehicle...

It doesn't come with it, you have to order it from www.fordshowparts.com. It includes some other goodies.

Note that there is only ONE packet per VIN, and if a prior owner has already claimed it then you'd need to work back in the chain of ownership to find it. I made sure mine went with the car when I sold it.

As has been related here, don't take no for an answer. Someone here tried to order it, told it was gone, only to check later and find that it was still available.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Original owner who sold me 400442 July '20 told me he never received the window sticker from the dealer, so soon thereafter I ordered it/one from www.fordshowparts.com and after covid delays eventually received it (with the few other docs they send with it). Would it be 'the original'? ie the one and only? Or could it be a duplicate? It seems legit, as it's a decal type window sticker still mounted to its backer, just as I'd anticipate it to be. I've never understood this whole window sticker deal: Did the original dealer never have it? ... such that it was still in some archive file hidden deep somewhere at Ford? (or somewhere else) Or ... ?

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
is the 2nd window any diffderent the other ? thanks
There is a subtle difference between the original and repro. If you look at the top left corner (I marked in black),
the VIN # is displayed and other indicators. As you move left it has the color and the word Ebony Leather. Also at the bottom right it is devoid of the words Trophy case as in the repo.
6A0B3D5D-908B-48A4-8F9D-9632BB415BE6.jpeg

Last edited:
There is a subtle difference between the original and repro. If you look at the top left corner (I marked in black),
the VIN # is displayed and other indicators. As you move left it has the color and the word Ebony Leather. Also at the bottom right it is devoid of the words Trophy case as in the repo.
View attachment 62528
So the original is on the left and the repro on the right?

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Correct the left one is the original. Also, there is addition writing on the original sticker below the gas mileage information. It is blank on the repro.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I have a pretty good editable graphic window sticker that somebody else on this forum developed. PM me and I will try to get you a copy. You can insert your color and Vin Etc...

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I have a pretty good editable graphic window sticker that somebody else on this forum developed. PM me and I will try to get you a copy. You can insert your color and Vin Etc...
pm sent.

QSS

pm sent

Tomcat

GT Owner