New guy looking for a new ride

dinosgt

Aug 29, 2020
Yes sir - I reached out to the dealer already.

dinosgt

Aug 29, 2020
Anybody know what color this is? Are my eyes just playing tricks, when this is in reality a silver car with some weird filter on it?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Anybody know what color this is? Are my eyes just playing tricks, when this is in reality a silver car with some weird filter on it?

Yeah, it says silver but that's not the way silver normally looks. They must've messed with the pic in some way, or have odd lighting.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Fluorescent lights...

dinosgt

Aug 29, 2020
Yeah, it says silver but that's not the way silver normally looks. They must've messed with the pic in some way, or have odd lighting.
Fluorescent lights...

Thanks gents

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I sent you a message.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I see combined '05 yellow + '06 yellow total more than the silver which was '05 only (y)

I would have thought that yellow combined would have been less than '05 silver. Thanks for saving me from going to the chart.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I would have thought that yellow combined would have been less than '05 silver. Thanks for saving me from going to the chart.

OK I had to make sure.: From Centerpunch's chart:

2005 yellow: 96
2006 yellow: 75
Total yellow: 171

2005 silver: 154
2006 silver: 0
Total silver: 154

Reactions: SYCO GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
That color is almost like a Porsche Chalk color. Would have been nice as an option. Very odd, I think it must have been manipulated in post production to be that far off of actual color. Perhaps even beyond the indoor lighting affect.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

That color is almost like a Porsche Chalk color. Would have been nice as an option. Very odd, I think it must have been manipulated in post production to be that far off of actual color. Perhaps even beyond the indoor lighting affect.

This pic of theirs looks pretty close to the real thing .. the rest look weird, like a white silver

d839d5c503bdcf8983c9b37b6ae70400.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Possibly Mercury Vapor Lighting or Sodium Vapor Lighting (or neither) based on my layman's guess of those fixture appearances.

Each type can render colors differently.

Reactions: extrap