New guy in FL searching for red or silver 05/06

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Yep, Ponte Vedra. Obviously I won't be allowed to test drive it for you! I'm not an expert anyway, but the folks on this forum are and are very helpful.

How far did you go for yours? And how many miles on its ODO?

I have a daughter at UF in Gainesville, so you might see me there on a visit in the red GT. Definitely not to drop her off or pick her up for the semester though, the GT isn't quite as spacious as our Honda Odyssey.

Ha, yeah ... tiny frunk. With COVID I didn't think there were any on-campus classes, yet 🤔

Congratulations on your purchase to be, you will enjoy the search. Here is a link to a thread on this forum that should be informative to you.
HAVE FUN !!!!

Thanks! And thanks for the link (y) .. checking it out now, while trying to finish the work week ... hard to do .. thinking about GTs!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I found today that my local FL Credit Union is willing to finance the 11-mi GT, should I go for that one, for 7 years at 4.99% ... and apparently the full purchase price, no down pmt required, WTH?! Here we go again, like the housing crisis?!! And they seem to be flexible on term length. My only goal is not to tie up $350K, so with them having no apparent restrictions I guess I'll have to figure out down pmt and term length on my own. More calcs vs feelings 🤔 .. errrr, maybe I need more precise personal finance goals :)

I can't imagine beating their 4.99% rate, but please let me know if you know of anything. Thank you.

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
I was lucky enough to get mine in the Sarasota area of Florida. It had a little over 36K miles on it when I bought it.

At UF, no on campus classes yet. She plans (hopes!) on going back on campus in the fall. She is taking physics over the summer (with a lab!) right now online. She is at home and has to set up all these contraptions in her room, lay a full length mirror as a ramp, has some sort of toy car like box thing that is some sort of force meter or accelerometer. I'm thankful she took organic chem in the spring. I wouldn't want her to blow up my house or turn it into a Breaking Bad scene. :)

Reactions: extrap

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I was lucky enough to get mine in the Sarasota area of Florida. It had a little over 36K miles on it when I bought it.

Great! (y)

At UF, no on campus classes yet. She plans (hopes!) on going back on campus in the fall. She is taking physics over the summer (with a lab!) right now online. She is at home and has to set up all these contraptions in her room, lay a full length mirror as a ramp, has some sort of toy car like box thing that is some sort of force meter or accelerometer. I'm thankful she took organic chem in the spring. I wouldn't want her to blow up my house or turn it into a Breaking Bad scene. :)

Ha! On campus or off, good luck in school, dreimer's daughter (y) ... and good luck dreimer's house! 😁o_O

Last edited:

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC

Hey just a heads up. The owner of this site has an ironclad zero-tolerance policy for political, covid, and all other non-Ford GT comments. My recommendation would be that you delete your last paragraph before you permanently disappear from the site.

Not kidding.

Reactions: extrap and jaxgt

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Where is 11 mi GT Located? Dealer?
Might be very near to me and if privately owned, possible I might know owner.
Feel free to PM me

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
I don’t know the silver car, but I bought my GT from BJ’s in March, and then later bought a Viper ACR in June. I had a local guy in Houston do a PPI on both cars, and never personally saw them before I wired money. Both have been perfect and would highly recommend the dealer. You’ve already received very good advice so far, let me add one more item. I sincerely recommend you buy the car, not the deal. GT’s, like most luxury items, are best thought of as a “buy once, cry once” endeavor. The car itself is so much more important than the deal. No amount of dollars saved will be meaningful to you if you end up with the wrong car. By the way, my car had less than 4,000 miles, which to me, is about perfect. It was 99% showroom fresh, but with enough miles to feel confident of its drivability. Last point, it seems like GT’s have run up in price the last several months since I acquired mine. Far fewer are for sale nationally, and the prices seem to be $20-25,000 more.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Hey just a heads up. The owner of this site has an ironclad zero-tolerance policy for political, covid, and all other non-Ford GT comments. My recommendation would be that you delete your last paragraph before you permanently disappear from the site.

Not kidding.

OK done. Didn't think it was political, though. I was just stating what I thought to actually be good news, that it's not as bad as we thought. Anyway, done now ... thanks (y)

Reactions: centerpunch

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your car search.
I bought mine about 18 months ago and the search was part of the fun.
But nothing compares to when you get to enjoy your car and the reactions from others to your car.
The GT is a fantastic machine!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I don’t know the silver car, but I bought my GT from BJ’s in March, and then later bought a Viper ACR in June. I had a local guy in Houston do a PPI on both cars, and never personally saw them before I wired money. Both have been perfect and would highly recommend the dealer. You’ve already received very good advice so far, let me add one more item. I sincerely recommend you buy the car, not the deal. GT’s, like most luxury items, are best thought of as a “buy once, cry once” endeavor. The car itself is so much more important than the deal. No amount of dollars saved will be meaningful to you if you end up with the wrong car. By the way, my car had less than 4,000 miles, which to me, is about perfect. It was 99% showroom fresh, but with enough miles to feel confident of its drivability. Last point, it seems like GT’s have run up in price the last several months since I acquired mine. Far fewer are for sale nationally, and the prices seem to be $20-25,000 more.

I was considering Vipers before switching to the GT. I've been watching BJ's site literally for months. I could almost tell you their Viper stock at least week to week, usually day to day Ha! Turns out the one I liked best from day 1 already had Sale Pending on it, then was sold. Never have seen one come up that I liked as much ... then for some reason their silver GT caught my eye. I liked the idea of a ~$100K Viper and had never even considered paying $300-350K for a car!! Have I lost my mind?! 🤪 Great to hear your deals with them have been good (y) Are you willing to send me your PPI guy's contact info?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your car search.
I bought mine about 18 months ago and the search was part of the fun.
But nothing compares to when you get to enjoy your car and the reactions from others to your car.
The GT is a fantastic machine!

Thanks! I am having fun searching, but I have to temper that with, "Aw what the hell just buy the _____ one." o_O

Tomcat

GT Owner
Ponte Vedra?
And since I live in college town Gainesville FL which seems to have zero exotics, I'm not likely to find one any closer.
I'm from Jax., went to UofF, my Mom lives at Cranes Lake (JTB/A1A)...my GT resides in North Carolina though.
Good luck with your search!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I'm from Jax., went to UofF, my Mom lives at Cranes Lake (JTB/A1A)...my GT resides in North Carolina though.
Good luck with your search!

Small world! Thanks a lot (y)

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Use the search engine on this site to learn all you can. Definitely have a PPI done by a recognized GT technician when you have zeroed in on the GT you want. It required 6 months of searching before I found my GT. Find a good GT and be prepared to pay a fair price. Will have to act fast as dealers and brokers are professionals at buying a good GT before you can even see the car. Here's a PPI form that I developed that can be used to screen a car before you have a professional do a PPI.

Great list, thank you. I just got time to read it. I could check a lot of the items myself but would really want an expert / GT tech to do it. Thank you.

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
I was considering Vipers before switching to the GT. I've been watching BJ's site literally for months. I could almost tell you their Viper stock at least week to week, usually day to day Ha! Turns out the one I liked best from day 1 already had Sale Pending on it, then was sold. Never have seen one come up that I liked as much ... then for some reason their silver GT caught my eye. I liked the idea of a ~$100K Viper and had never even considered paying $300-350K for a car!! Have I lost my mind?! 🤪 Great to hear your deals with them have been good (y) Are you willing to send me your PPI guy's contact info?

No problem. Here’s my entire post on my purchase experience. By the way, if I could only keep one car among the four I currently have (Ferrari 812, Lamborghini Huracan Performante, Ford GT, Dodge Viper ACR), it would be the GT, and I wouldn’t even need to pause to think it over.

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
Any luck? Keep us posted.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Yes! 🍻 Purchase made Wednesday! (y) I'll post details and pix once it's in my possession - I already don't feel worthy(!) and don't wanna jinx it! o_O Might be a couple weeks :cry: or more 😭

Super excited, obviously, but I ended up with a very very low mileage, near-perfect GT .. still smells like new leather inside .. owner kept it in climate controlled garage under its cover, windows up, even still has the delivery decals and tags .. and I now I gotta make sure I can actually stand to tear that stuff off and drive it! o_Oo_O I might have to move my bed out to the garage! Maybe I shoulda bought something with a few thousand miles, or hell even 20K, but this one is so nice I couldn't pass it up.

I was about to post a pic to see if you guys can figure out which one it is, location, seller, etc just from this pic, but can't upload pix (yet?) .. maybe since I still have non-owner status, not sure .. but I'll post 'em when I can, with VIN since I think I read where that's required.

This is going to be a loooong, slow 2-3 weeks. Good thing I'm super busy at work.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Congratulations. You have to drive it, not very fun only looking at it. I have one (not GT) car with only 10 miles, under cover. When I have time, it is going down the road and being replaced with a driver. However, if you have a museum type shop, no miles cars would be great to show.

I had the same non-owner status attachment limitation. I sent a PM to the administrator requesting that my account be unrestricted, noting my GT ownership. He changed my account to where I can now add attachments.

Send pics as soon as you can.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Yes! 🍻 Purchase made Wednesday! (y) I'll post details and pix once it's in my possession - I already don't feel worthy(!) and don't wanna jinx it! o_O Might be a couple weeks :cry: or more 😭

Super excited, obviously, but I ended up with a very very low mileage, near-perfect GT .. still smells like new leather inside .. owner kept it in climate controlled garage under its cover, windows up, even still has the delivery decals and tags .. and I now I gotta make sure I can actually stand to tear that stuff off and drive it! o_Oo_O I might have to move my bed out to the garage! Maybe I shoulda bought something with a few thousand miles, or hell even 20K, but this one is so nice I couldn't pass it up.

I was about to post a pic to see if you guys can figure out which one it is, location, seller, etc just from this pic, but can't upload pix (yet?) .. maybe since I still have non-owner status, not sure .. but I'll post 'em when I can, with VIN since I think I read where that's required.

This is going to be a loooong, slow 2-3 weeks. Good thing I'm super busy at work.

Did you find the GT you purchased in Florida?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Did you find the GT you purchased in Florida?

No, and not even remotely close .. unfortunately. But it's done now .. well, the visit to see it and purchase anyway. Now I just need the car! :)