Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Pete, what psi have you been running?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Around 30. That's mostly highway miles, not much around town, so lots of steady cruising in the 70+MPH range. And one other thing: I set the suspension camber closer to zero degrees than the Ford specs, so I wear out the tires more evenly, inner edge to outer edge. At the factory settings, with more negative camber, you'll wear out the inner edges first, and have to replace the tires sooner.

Around 30. That's mostly highway miles, not much around town, so lots of steady cruising in the 70+MPH range. And one other thing: I set the suspension camber closer to zero degrees than the Ford specs, so I wear out the tires more evenly, inner edge to outer edge. At the factory settings, with more negative camber, you'll wear out the inner edges first, and have to replace the tires sooner.

I run Bridgestones at 26. I arrived at that figure because I could see that the tire was crowning at 30 (center was higher than the edges) so I lowered the pressure to minimize it.

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
Ordered my new Bridgestones 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for delivery.....

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Ordered my new Bridgestones 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for delivery.....

TireRack?

Did they give you a build date when you ordered?

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
They could only promise they would be no older than 2019. Ordered thru Discount tire (exact same price as Tire Rack) . The part numbers have changed since a couple years ago.

Reactions: 2112

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
They could only promise they would be no older than 2019. Ordered thru Discount tire (exact same price as Tire Rack) . The part numbers have changed since a couple years ago.

Do you have the current part numbers for both front and rear? It's time for a new set of tires for me.

Thanks in advance. Only if you have it handy.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Also, is the choice for street tires still pretty much OEM Goodyears or Bridgestones? I've been running Bridgestones for the last two sets.

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
I went with what everyone seems to recommend and run these days for a street tire. I think if I track it, I'd get a second set of wheels and mount some Hoosiers. Used them for years on my 911 with success:

Bridgestone Potenza RE050

265/40 R18 P/N: 101Y XL BSW MB

345/35 R19 P/N: 110Y SL BSW FE

Attachments

• IMG_5871[1].JPG
    IMG_5871[1].JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: SYCO GT and 2112

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
Well....I went to go get my new tires mounted at Discount Tire since they came in yesterday..... only to find that 2 of the "new" 4 tires had date codes of 2013 and 2016. Discount tire was good about it since they had agreed when I purchased that the date codes would not be any older than 2019. So....they are re-ordering. Will see where this leads. They also recommended new metal valve stems. The Ford one looks sort of unique to me so I am ordering the factory 4G7Z-1700-BA "Made In Germany" original valve stems.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Make sure the fronts are Porsche N1

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Has anyone tried the Viper ACR tire in the rear? 355/30/19 Kumho Ecsta V720ACR. Its a bit shorter than stock, but I bet it grips like crazy. I'm liking this new category of "Streetable Track & Competition" tires like the Pilot Sport Cup2 tires on the new GTs and GT350s.

morsben

Jun 5, 2020
I'm planning to buy nitto tires particularly the NT05's on my next tire change. Had them on my previous car. They are very sticky and quiet, although I'm not sure yet if they have the correct size available for our cars.