Looking for 2006 Blue Ford GT in immaculate condition

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a 2006 blue ford GT in immaculate condition. Preferably less than 1000 miles. Would you guys have any leads for it?

Thank you.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a 2006 blue ford GT in immaculate condition. Preferably less than 1000 miles. Would you guys have any leads for it?

Thank you.

Awesome, wish you the best of luck on your search.....and thank you for being in a higher price bracket than I am 🥳

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Awesome, wish you the best of luck on your search.....and thank you for being in a higher price bracket than I am 🥳

Thank you. What mileage range are you looking for?

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Thank you. What mileage range are you looking for?

Trying to figure that out now. Saw a great looking blue one at BJ Motors last weekend, but it has 3k miles, looked brand new though.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Trying to figure that out now. Saw a great looking blue one at BJ Motors last weekend, but it has 3k miles, looked brand new though.

That one was overpriced by at least 30k IMO.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
There are two Blue/White cars at Barrett Jackson this week.

2006 blue/white, 3400 miles
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2006-FORD-GT-238387

2006 blue/white, 8100 miles
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2006-FORD-GT-237135

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
That one was overpriced by at least 30k IMO.

Well according to the video on the car, he has had it since March.....maybe some room to make a deal, and seems like blue cars carry a premium anyway. Comes with a bunch of paperwork too. Give him a call, seemed like a straight shooter.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Neil Ressler's car , midnight blue/ silver stripes, at Barrett Jackson on Saturday.
Andy (ajb)

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
As an aside, except for the glamour of bidding against drunk aluminum siding magnates, I don’t understand buying at TV auctions. Yesterday, I spent several hours watching Bonhams waiting for Iacocca’s Viper to sell. Cars were getting crushed on price, many went unsold and those that sold included heavy buyer premiums. Unless it’s a car you can’t find anywhere else, I don’t get it, particularly in the internet age and so many brokers out there.

Reactions: Special K and 2112

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I think you'll find most cars with 5K or 10K (that's about 300 to 600 miles per year) to be in similar immaculate condition as a 1K (60 miles per year) car.

And unlike Italian cars, there's no giant maintenance expense or risk awaiting you at 20K miles or so.

There are certainly ultra-low mile cars out there, but at quite a premium.

Whatever you buy, if you're gonna drive it even occasionally, replace the old tires (with new Bridgestones) before doing so. More than a couple of these high-power, no-traction-control cars were crashed by their first owners when doing their first burnout to impress a friend.

Reactions: maxemus

Mattksax

Jan 14, 2020
I've also recently started searching for a similar spec (Color) all four option except wanting more miles. As of recent a 9800 mile midnight blue Northern California car was on ebay. Reached out to owner since there was no bids. I'm 6'5" so I need to make 100% sure before buying I can be somewhat comfortable before buying. I'm going to drive a friends car next weekend to confirm. Seems to be no shortage of great cars for sell at the moment.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
I've also recently started searching for a similar spec (Color) all four option except wanting more miles. As of recent a 9800 mile midnight blue Northern California car was on ebay. Reached out to owner since there was no bids. I'm 6'5" so I need to make 100% sure before buying I can be somewhat comfortable before buying. I'm going to drive a friends car next weekend to confirm. Seems to be no shortage of great cars for sell at the moment.

What's the best place to look for these cars?

Desneux?
BJ?
Ebay?
Autotrader?

Mattksax

Jan 14, 2020
All of the above. Seems to be several great ones at Barrett Jackson this weekend that meet your criteria.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
All of the above. Seems to be several great ones at Barrett Jackson this weekend that meet your criteria.

I have been shying away from auctions due to their ridiculous premium. It's a losing game for both buyer and seller imo.

Reactions: 2112

Mattksax

Jan 14, 2020
Maybe, maybe not. I've seen very good buy prices in the past 12-18 months. Just have to keep a keen eye out.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Maybe, maybe not. I've seen very good buy prices in the past 12-18 months. Just have to keep a keen eye out.

Yes you are right. Sometimes it has been a win for buyers these past months. Why are gt values dropping recently? Despite great economy?

Mattksax

Jan 14, 2020
Who knows. I'm no oracle. I just like the smell of gasoline and a fresh steak off the grill. Oh, and the smell of money going out the door when I find the right GT.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006

You will fit. Might have seat Bottom lowered for more room but should be fine.

Last edited:

Mattksax

Jan 14, 2020
Great news, my only concern. After that, I'm ready to buy one.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Still looking :) Please PM me!