clamshell vents

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
OK, I got it, I replaced the 4 vents that are on the top rear of the clamshell with aluminum ones, they look very very very cool! Has anyone ever honed out the inside vent area of the clamshell to make the center two wide vents functional? Why wouldn't they be functional so hot air can leave easy once a ride is over, hot air rises.IMG_2323.jpg

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
as far as i know all the vents are functional.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The vents are rain channeled.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
The vents are all functional. If you can't see through them, it is because they are baffled to prevent rain from reaching your engine.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
OK, I got it, I replaced the 4 vents that are on the top rear of the clamshell with aluminum ones, they look very very very cool! Has anyone ever honed out the inside vent area of the clamshell to make the center two wide vents functional? Why wouldn't they be functional so hot air can leave easy once a ride is over, hot air rises.View attachment 57123

The ones I had made by Pe2unia are original style. Who made those, just curious?
Or maybe look different as I had mine painted the strip color....

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Yes same ones I got, original style, they are wonderful. I left mine alone because I thought they looked very cool on my car color. I was going to have them powder coated satin black but held back, love the look, and someday if I get board with them, I will get them done.

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Hmmm, that would make sense, I will further examine that. I guess I did not see that they were baffled. The long side vents that are on the outer look to have no baffles, but the center ones must be baffled.

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
Did mine satin black:

http://instagr.am/p/B1ZkLQjp6mi/

Reactions: SYCO GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I left mine in their natural state, polished and coated with some special paste wax that leaves a protective coat. Took a while to polish all those vents. Probably time to do it again soon, but holding up nicely.

FordGTed.jpg

Reactions: Ed Sims

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Mine were that way when I got the car, (the originals). I might go back to satin black at a later date.

Attachments

• IMG_2324.jpg
    IMG_2324.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2360.JPG
    IMG_2360.JPG
    989 KB · Views: 30

Pantera1889

Dec 24, 2006
Hampstead,Md
Anyone interested in selling their original vents?

Ron

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Where do you get the aluminum vents?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Reactions: SexyFGT and Ed Sims

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
OK, I got it, I replaced the 4 vents that are on the top rear of the clamshell with aluminum ones, they look very very very cool! Has anyone ever honed out the inside vent area of the clamshell to make the center two wide vents functional? Why wouldn't they be functional so hot air can leave easy once a ride is over, hot air rises.

I did. It should help keep temps down and adds a subtle detail to the car. Visually, the difference is only noticeable from the exterior if you are looking for it. From the rearview mirror, some light comes through the vents. Definitely not making any significant differences by completely opening them up.