No stories FGT wanted, 1967 Mustang K-code GT fastback for sale (FGT search)

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
IMO, forget the trade, sell your car, clear your mind, find the right FGT for you. Good luck...
I agree. this will increase your odds of having a good outcome.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I dont know there is much difference in a car with 10k miles and one with 20k miles, except the price.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
18k miles, $235k obo from Ford dealer

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Hey I am diabetic, please!

I know how car dealers are, they want retail for what they got and they want to give you nothing for your car. If you sell wholesale then I will take wholesale for my car, if you want retail for their car, then I want more than just a "Low ball price trade in" for my car, it don't work retail and wholesale as a deal. In other words, if your FGT is retailed at 270K and you want to buy a car at retail for 500K, and they only want to give you 150K and they still want 500K for their car, would you take that deal????? I bet not!

If someone want 260 for their car and I want 60 for my car, then I see it as I owe them 200, but if they want 260 and I want 60, and they want me to give them my car and 230? Thats when I say my famous line, "No guy, how much for ONE?"

I just don't want a car that is inflated and be expected to take a bath on my car. Thats all...

The bottom line is I am asking X amount for my car, yes if someone wants to buy it, I can deal, if someone has a car and we can make a deal then OK, but people got to give a little.....AND the people that do not want to give a little are the ones STUCK re-listing and re-upping their ads everywhere. The proof is on eBay, Hemmings, and carsdotcom.

I just want a nice FGT and not get SCAMED.

Sorry, just my medical background yielding an observation. Stay healthy and good luck finding an acceptable car.

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Sorry, just my medical background yielding an observation. Stay healthy and good luck finding an acceptable car.
Oh no problem! No offense taken. The problem I guess I am having is there are a few red cars, a few white cars, a few other color cars and they ALL look great, it took me many months just to finally say I want red or white Ford GT. LOL, my wife knows how I shop and how do you pick a 8K mile car and differenciate it from a say 9K mile car, that looks just as nice. If you can imagine, I hate to say this, but looking at pictures of different cars makes picking, "The One" very hard to do, as all of us want, to pick one that is a great fit. I know once I get one I will be very happy, I plan to drive it and keep it nice, heck, I will pinch myself many times just seeing it!

CampoLady

GT Owner
May 25, 2018
That is one of the problems. You want to include your Mustang in with a buy is this true?. Sell your Mustang
first then bank the funds, while your looking for that special FGT in your price range.

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
I actually would buy a FGT outright, I just have 2 cars that I am interested in selling. I put this post in this way, because I had about 3 people asking me about trading. I just bought a nice 1967 Shelby GT-350 and I want my collection to get just a little thinner now. Thus the 66 fastback and the 67 K-code fastback will go, not for the need of money, but for room! Those FGT's are wide and it makes them a little harder to fit in a thin spot on the garage! LOL

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
I will just wait in re-listville....I have been watching cars for over 6 months now and I still don't see a "sold" under completed sales. I am getting close as some are showing sings or getting ready to sell. My 67 is being offered for sale also, I put this in for trades to get some options, I did have 3 people interested in trade, but they did not want to really do something. Thats OK with me as I dont need the money, sure money is good for the personal hobby, but being fortunate, with not needing to sell one to buy one, I think it will work out for the best in the end.