New owner/member

DXBGT

GT Owner
May 16, 2018
Have always admired the FGT from afar and have recently got the chance to jump on the bandwagon by purchasing my 05 White/Blue Stripes FGT (still working out how to get a photo up).

Having driven and owned a number of other European exotics, but never before experienced an FGT, I must say I was pleased with my purchase within two half throttle gearshifts (it had older tires on).

I have since been obsessed with the car and have trawled through years of forum posts to learn more and more about this impressive machine and all the trials and tribulations others have gone through as long term owners. I thank you all for the great contributions and I am glad to be a member (learning from you and hopefully contributing with my own experiences).

PS I already made friends after finding out that another member has a very similar nickname as mine and resides in the same town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DXBGT

GT Owner
May 16, 2018
Photo of the beast.

60cb77eba5218e7368d3262d0578c0f8.jpg

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Welcome, you've come to the right place.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Congratulations and welcome! You have a great color/stripe combination. As you probably know from older posts, be very careful with the car on old tires and remember that all you have to save your butt is ABS. Bridgestones are the way to go. It's fun to read the impressions from new owners, so please share them. They always take me back. I've owned my 2006 since new and it still amazes me every time I look at it or get behind the wheel.

DXBGT

GT Owner
May 16, 2018
Thanks alot for the welcome and the advice. First thing I did was swap out older tires for new (went with stock Eagle F1s as they were surprisingly available at the dealer). My next set would likely be the bridgestones though based upon my learnings from the forum.

Got a couple of other gremlins to work through now:

- IAC valve seems to get stuck when I clutch it or brake hard and RPM drops fast causing car to stall vs idle as it should (only temporary workaround is to manage the rpm as it comes down by letting it come to sub-1000 in gear, then clutch)
- I initially thought it may have been the common fuel filler neck issue as Its also a pain to fill up the tank (keeps stopping the nozzle as if its full with every press). Only way I get anything in there is by drip feeding it, half tank at a rate of 15 mins. Cause still to be investigated.
- Engine temp gauge getting stuck sometimes - may need to replace this one.

Aside from that ... i love it and am researching exhausts to give the car the sound it deserves.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The symptoms you describe are common to the broken gas neck flapper. Do you have a CEL?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Great to have you on board! Awesome car and color combo!! I can’t stress enough to take your time learning how the car handles!!! Even with new tires, these cars can break loose in a split second and you’re left holding on for dear life (don’t ask me how I know). Second gear is where “the magic happens,” but make sure you’ve got warm tires on a good road and traveling straight. Hope to see you at future events!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Welcome! I have a 2005 White/blue car. Original owner. You have good taste, Sir!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Regarding an exhaust, if you can get way with no cats, headers and Ford Racing/Borla muffler sound and look killer.

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Welcome !

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I was going to e-mail you and ask if you were the other member with a very similar name, thinking he may have been locked out!

Welcome.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Welcome, Great color combo. On the idle if the battery has gone dead or disconnected there is a procedure on re-learning idle strategy. When battery voltage is lost it will need relearned. PM me and I will walk you through it. Get out and enjoy it and hope to hear some stories about your new experiences.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Welcome enjoy bonding with your new obsession.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Welcome!

My second favorite color combo.......this week. :thumbsup

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Welcome as well. I also am an original owner of a 2006 Canadian white with blue stripe. 28,000 glorious miles !! You will have a blast. Enjoy and be safe.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome aboard. I hope we will meet at our next rally.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Congrats and welcome aboard! My first was also a White/Blue stripe car...and then it just exploded into an experience like no other. Go to the annual Rally and visit here often. This is a great group to learn what this car actually is and can do. ..Mike

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Congrats! Welcome

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
It is always great to get a contact-buzz from new owner - welcome!

DBX whereabouts are you located? Could lead to some neighbor call-outs:cheers

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Welcome! The Forum is packed with knowledge & great folks! Enjoy your GT!! Rally 13 is coming up soon. Hope to meet you there!