Am I priced out of the market?

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
It's been about 3 years now since my last post inquirying about whether to purchase a fgt. After much discussion and research I finally made up my mind to purchase a fgt, but of course, only if I could sell my vehicle. It took me much longer than I originally thought. Well I finally sold my vehicle and am now back in search of fgt. I am in the market for one but I have a limit of 250K. Not interested in a low mileage vehicle because for obvious reasons, their prices are north of 300K. Of course I wouldn't be interested in a salvage or abused car, as I would like to enter car shows on occasion. My colour choices are either black or yellow.
Has the boat left or can I still jump on board?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If that is a hard upper limit it will take time for a higher mileage car to come up, but they do. Patience will be a virtue and watching all of the standard places regularly will be required. I mean daily because you aren't the only looking for a low entry point and it will disappear in a heartbeat if you aren't one of the first to see it.

I would also put in your desire with whatever dealers you want to work with as they often have leads on cars they might not buy but might broker if they have a buyer.

Also, black and yellow seem to be sought after colors so you also might want to consider making color a secondary choice. I'll add that I didn't consider blue in my list. For some reason the pictures aren't stellar, but after seeing many in person it is now one of my favorites.

Note it's easier to say "no" than miss a car. If all of a sudden you are getting a lot of red cars (I select red only because it was the most commonly built color) then you can afford to be a little picky and wait it out.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Does it have to be 100% stock?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Sell another one of your cars; selling one will NOT engender the same regent at missing out on a GT.

Not even close.

It’s not what most want to hear; but it’s the right advice

I’ve been in the market for a SLS for the same period of time and prices have dropped.

I raised about $30K selling parts; collections, etc

With my $20K c6 Vette, the net price is below $85K

Having dry powder to pull trigger is always good business

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
You’ll be able to find a car for that price, no question. Stick with higher miles, white or red, private sale, and $250K should find you a nice car. Be patient and don’t listen to any BS about modifications making the car worth more; from what I’ve seen, mods add zero value and even lower it if the owners hasn’t retained all the original parts. Good luck!

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
Thanks

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
Yes, because one day I may want to sell and its easier to sell it as stock.

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
Sell another one of your cars; selling one will NOT engender the same regent at missing out on a GT.

Not even close.

It’s not what most want to hear; but it’s the right advice

I’ve been in the market for a SLS for the same period of time and prices have dropped.

I raised about $30K selling parts; collections, etc

With my $20K c6 Vette, the net price is below $85K

Having dry powder to pull trigger is always good business

Thanks

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
For sure you can find a higher mileage example at 250K. I just picked up a 2006 Tungsten with 1600 miles for 285k. 2 owner car.

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
I also know of another 2006 Tungsten car with 6600 miles that can be had for 265k. 3 owners car.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I also know of another 2006 Tungsten car with 6600 miles that can be had for 265k. 3 owners car.

I agree with everything said above. Good luck with your search!

Unotaz, welcome! I just wiped the drool from my face, after reading your list of cars. Nice group of autos you have there!

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Check out:
Sill-Terhar Motors, Inc.
150 Alter Street, Broomfield, CO, 80020

2005 Red, 6,000 miles @ $265k

alexhay3

Subscribing Spectator
Nov 2, 2016
Duxbury, MA
You seemed okay with compromising on miles. As mentioned earlier, if you can be flexible with color (I know Red was not on your list and I am in the same boat), my Hemmings feed had this in it yesterday.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/gt/2114789.html

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
Check out:
Sill-Terhar Motors, Inc.

Thanks, prefer PP. If I don't find what I want I will go with a dealer, maybe.

Last edited:

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Thank you!

Here is my 2006 Tungsten FGT after passing the PPI with flying colors. She is coming home tomorrow! :biggrin

I agree with everything said above. Good luck with your search!

Unotaz, welcome! I just wiped the drool from my face, after reading your list of cars. Nice group of autos you have there!

Attachments

• IMG_4336.jpg
    IMG_4336.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 270

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks, prefer PP. If I don't find what I want I will go with a dealer, maybe.

If you're worried about previous history I believe this car is possible the dealership owner's car... I've seen him with a red one. Worth a call.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Check out:
Sill-Terhar Motors, Inc.

I certainly appreciate the desire for a PP sale but if you, or anyone, would like me to go take a look at that one I'd be happy to.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Good luck with your search. Patience is a virtue.

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
You seemed okay with compromising on miles. As mentioned earlier, if you can be flexible with color (I know Red was not on your list and I am in the same boat), my Hemmings feed had this in it yesterday.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/gt/2114789.html

Nice, seems like a good deal and I am glad to be able to jump on board before the boat has left.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Red is the fastest color.