4 post lift for a GT

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Bought my BYB when all I ever thought I would have was a CSX4000 Cobra. My mustang was never a problem either but not much leeway with the GT. I do wish it was wider. I always have someone observe and direct me.

Stu

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
As mentioned, it would be a tight fit. Although you would not be able to park another car under, it may still be useful for service. You are welcome to check out my lift as my garage ceiling is not much higher than yours.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I am getting my second Rotary Revolution this week. no issues. I hear Backyard Buddy is good as well.

If you have not already made the purchase, check out Direct Lift. Both companies are owned by Dover, and the same lift is available for a better price.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Yes, I'd vote for Rotary Revolution lift. Made in the USA, can't go wrong.

GTED

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Yes, I'd vote for Rotary Revolution lift. Made in the USA, can't go wrong.

GTED

I believe the Rotary Revolution is now made in China.

Tipo874

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Tucson, AZ
When I ordered a four post lift I asked the manufacturer to make it wider between the posts. They were happy to do so.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I believe the Rotary Revolution is now made in China.

This is correct. The bigger commercial Rotary lifts are still made in America but the 4 post Revolution is now made in China. When they were making that change over I found one of the last U.S. built Revolution Lifts and paid $6000 for it. The Chinese replacement had 2000 lbs more capacity (9000 vs 7000lbs) and cost half as much at about $3000. I wanted an American made lift however. As a practical matter, you and your car will never know the difference. In today's economy I would probably buy a Chinese made lift for $2500.

Chip

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
What?? When did they switch to China?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I too have a 4 post Bendpak .No problems great lifts

Attachments

• IMG_1317.jpg
    IMG_1317.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 194

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Yep. Rotary is made in China . I am having 2nd one delivered today . If you want one made in America try BB. The quality of a rotary is as good as ever and it is fully certified unlike many. It just happens to be made in China.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
My ceiling height was 10'3", I had it raised (almost doubled the price of the "project") another foot in order to have enough room to park the daily drivers below. One of the vehicles is a SUV, 8' is not enough to park under. The BendPaks are made in China, it's a great lift. In my case, getting 2 single car 4 post lifts would have made for 8 posts in a 20x20 garage, and I know that my wife would hit one of the posts at least once a week. The double wide has halved that possibility!!!

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Rotary. I'm getting a second one. Now made in china to Rotary's specs. I've had a Rotary for 5 yrs. No issues.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks for all the advice guys. Chip may be right, just not enough height.

I got the 3 car garage and workshop when we remodeled the house but the upgrade to raise the garage ceiling was another 50k due to roof problems.

Are there any medium rise service lifts worth looking at for a GT or am I destined to continue with jacks and stands as I have for 30 yrs?

If you're after a lift for 'service', aka detailing, wheels off, etc., you might want take a look at a scissor. It does not have the 'full open' bottom like a 4 post or 2 post, but it's a lot better than jack stands. Once you detail with this, you won't ever want to lie on your side doing rockers again.

Lifts to 48" or so (pad height), portable (you can wheel it around. you cannot lift it up on its side).

I've had mine for 5 or 6 years. I also have four posts, but the scissor fills a certain need. It's lifted every car I've owned, including my X5's for wheels off service. Lately it's been doing it's jackstand impression under my Factory Five project.

Caveat: you will need some type of 'ramps' to clear this lift with a GT. 'Normal' cars will go over it just fine.

Camaro:
BlueInAir2.jpg

Day 1:
FFRCobraDay1115Web.jpg

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
BYB, Benpack, Rotary.... all good choices.

I choose Bendpak for the following reason;
1- width. Get the HD-9 Wide version. You can move the non hydraulic ramp out to easily accommodate the FGT and all other cars... I also don't have to worry about threading the needle when I park the FGT on/ under the lift.
2- Ability to fix the ramps so I don't have to take them on or off when parking a car underneath the lift
3- air locks.
4- 110 Vac
5- certification - UL/ ANSI/ ERTL and lift industry tested

My issue was the garage itself. I have a beam where max height is 10'6". I had to alter (raise) the garage door to achieve max clearance.

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
This one looks interesting. While I would never be able to use it for 2 up storage, as a service lift in my garage it looks useful. Anyone own one of these? Do they lift evenly? How hard is it to move one of the posts so the garage is still useful for parking? Does 'reinstaling' the post become more trouble than the jacks and stands and working on my back that I do now?

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Just to add to the list, Dannmar D7x works fine, plenty of lift and width.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I purchased the Bendpak HD 9XW about 7 years ago and believe it was made in the US at that time. The quality is good as I have yet to have a problem with it, it was even easy to take it apart and move (although heavy) and reassemble. Back then they would even custom paint to match a car or garage.

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 570

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
This one looks interesting. While I would never be able to use it for 2 up storage, as a service lift in my garage it looks useful. Anyone own one of these? Do they lift evenly? How hard is it to move one of the posts so the garage is still useful for parking? Does 'reinstaling' the post become more trouble than the jacks and stands and working on my back that I do now?

I don't see what lift you're referring to, but I'm guessing it's the Max Jax... correct?

http://maxjaxusa.com/
MaxJax-lift-kit-4.jpg

Assuming so, it could be an OK, if not really portable (you have to drill the anchors into the concrete) solution.

Re the door opening on the GT, egress would be difficult with that setup unless you were going to put the post in place after you drove in.

If you meant another lift, ignore ^^ :)

Last edited:

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I believe BendPak will still do some custom painting for a slight upcharge.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Your timing is good. As mentioned I had my second Rotary put in today. Here are some start to finish pics. It is hard for me to believe some folks put these in themselves. Also shown is other lift in attached garage. (same model)

Attachments

• DSC_1569.jpg
    DSC_1569.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 804
  • DSC_1575.jpg
    DSC_1575.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 508
  • DSC_1583.jpg
    DSC_1583.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 521
  • DSC_1585.jpg
    DSC_1585.jpg