GTX1 spotted in Atlanta!

tomGT

Jun 30, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I saw a GTX1 in Atlanta last friday, on I-75. I followed it for as long as I could. I was surprised that it was totally gorgeous. I mean way, way better than the standard GT. It looked good from all angles.

I wasn't even aware that it was released, I thought it was concept only. How many were produced and how much did they MSRP for? What is the current value?

-Tom

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I saw a GTX1 in Atlanta last friday, on I-75. I followed it for as long as I good. I was surprised that it was totally gorgeous. I mean way, way better than the standard GT. It looked good from all angles.

I wasn't even aware that it was released, I thought it was concept only. How many were produced and how much did they MSRP for? What is the current value?

-Tom

Do a forum search and you will find TONS of info on the GTX1. They were NOT produced by ford. They were a conversion done in Greenbay. They are beautiful though!

tomGT

Jun 30, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Ok so I searched and found that this company does it:
http://www.gtx1.com/pressrelease.html

And that they charge 48k for the conversion (up from 38k).

Does it cause a loss in rigidity?
Does it increase the value of the car by more than 48k (how much)?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Genadi is out of business on the GTX1's. No more will be built unless someone else picks up the torch. Rigidity is not a problem. 48K was the basic conversion cost, but many people went way over that with customization stuff. Look for some of the photos here.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I think you saw Kirby's. Cool dude.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks Kingman. If it's a X1 in Atlanta, most think it's me; however, if it's an X1 being operated in violation of any laws enforced by a Dept of Pub Safety, it would be one of the other blue X1's sometimes seen on Atlanta's highways. :cheers