Sunday Morning in the new GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
eshrink said:

It hasn't been mentioned and I don't know the laws, but for the Lemon Law to come into effect, does it have to be a safety related item that hasn't been fixed in two or three attempts?

Maybe that's an avenue for you to investigate?

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
I do not believe that the Lemon Law stipulate safety. Obviously, we shall know what the Lemon Law is on Monday when we meet with counsel.

As much as the car is a disappointment, I am most "impressed" by the factory's lack of expressed concern. The latter makes the need for litigation more apparent.

I doubt that Ford or SVT will perish because of the bad press, but it is not an event that should be kept under wraps while many scramble to buy these things above MSRP.

- doc

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Diffuser etc...

Doc: I was going to stand by and see how this all played out but thought I should add my 2 cents. I first noticed the missing diffuser.... so big problem... If this really came from the factory without diffuser etc. Ford owes you a new GT.. Period...As you may or may not know I am lucky enough to have two, midnight blue and heritage too. Being one of the oldest members here I have owned many fantastic machines, GT500, Vetts, etc...These GT's are by far the frosting on the cake. My problems have been minor and easly solved. This will all play out and Ford will do what is right. New machine.....your choice....The Forum will stand with you for support and like I said Ford will do you right. Good luck. It's a great machine.....George

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Thank you George. I doubt that you are the oldest here, but you certainly are among those most fortunate. Two functioning GTs must be quite an experience...or even one.

I remain gravely pessimistic that Ford will step up with a fair and rapid resolution. All of the sound field to date has been denial and disowning. As a result, we have leaned more toward a buy-back rather than a replacement.

Simply put: Had Ford at the onset merely expressed regrets and an offer for an exchange, it would not be a matter of discussion. What we received instead was denial, doubt and dispute. When acceptance occurred, it was merely in the form that they would not necessarily block our selling dealer from ordering parts...never a mention of the questionable state of construction.

As I said, it is my first and likely final Ford...It is hard to recommend the marque.

But...I am glad that your experience has been a positive one, and you seem to thoroughly enjoy your cars. Thank you for your input...it, after all, began the ball rolling, did it not?

- doc

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
White Petunia said:
It hasn't been mentioned and I don't know the laws, but for the Lemon Law to come into effect, does it have to be a safety related item that hasn't been fixed in two or three attempts?

Maybe that's an avenue for you to investigate?

It doesn't have to be a safety related issue at all.
This might help answer the question.
http://www.carlemon.com/

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Update: I have just received a PM from a Ford employee.

Ford is displeased with me posting this problem, and my description of it, on this Forum.

They have left little to no recourse.

- doc

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Who have you talked to at Ford? Few people know about this situation.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Better yet, I'm closing this until it gets resolved. I will work on my Ford contacts on eshrink's behalf until a resolution occurs. The present state of this thread will accomplish nothing. When it does, good or bad, I'll reopen this. Otherwise, it's unfair to a) present only one side of this story and b) open those trying to be helpful on a personal level up to any type of liability.

Thanks for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.