Roush 600RE GT

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I live in the UK, and when I come to modify my GT I will not be turning to Roush but will be sending for parts from the USA who seem to give a lot better value for the dollar and better horse power gains with their tuning kits.

I just wonder whether they are offering this conversion as a means of trying to move a number of unsold GTs that are presently for sale in the UK for high prices. When I last looked in the Auto Trader a couple of weeks ago there was 18 cars listed and these have been for sale for up to over a year.

As I understand those cars in the Autotrader (US) are "lost leaders" and either long gone or not really for sale. Someone just posted on a different thread he is looking for a new or low mile GT, called all of those adds and mostly struck out.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
The only Ford GT I could find for sale in Exchange & Mart in the UK was this one:

2_189453691.jpg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
WHAT th' gallopin' clang is THAT?????????:ack

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The only Ford GT I could find for sale in Exchange & Mart in the UK was this one:

2_189453691.jpg

damn, to bad the didn't have a white one without stripes, could buy it for my Goodwood trip, do you think MR. & MRS. BONY and her four steamer trunks could fit in comfortably?:eek :rofl :eek

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Are you all set for your Goodwood trip? We should arrange to meet.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
damn, to bad the didn't have a white one without stripes, could buy it for my Goodwood trip, do you think MR. & MRS. BONY and her four steamer trunks could fit in comfortably?:eek :rofl :eek

I'm thinking some lift up doors would complete that package.

fordcapri

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2006
As I understand those cars in the Autotrader (US) are "lost leaders" and either long gone or not really for sale. Someone just posted on a different thread he is looking for a new or low mile GT, called all of those adds and mostly struck out.

The Auto Trader I was originally quoting on my previous thread was Auto Trader.co.uk where there are definitely a large amount of GTs for sale unlike AutoTrader.com which is the US website.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The Auto Trader I was originally quoting on my previous thread was Auto Trader.co.uk where there are definitely a large amount of GTs for sale unlike AutoTrader.com which is the US website.

Neilda is on your side of the pond, a respected long time member,... auto trader in the colonies has very little creditbility. cheerio:lol :thumbsup :lol
pip-pip:lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Are you all set for your Goodwood trip? We should arrange to meet.

Hell-yes, gave your Mrs. the ingredients of the MAKER MARK MANHATTAN!:thumbsup :thumbsup The drink of choice of yanks, cowboys and indians:thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Having looked at the Autotrader list, I estimate there are ten GT's for sale in the UK at the moment. Avro have worked with Roush to create the 600RE and there are few ads for cars that are not physical cars (i.e. speculative marketing). Of the ten cars for sale they range from $230,000 to $300,000.

Damon Hill is selling one of the P1 cars at $172,000 with 43,000 'difficult' miles under it's hood. :eek

I wouldn't class the GT as a hard to sell car, however impractical sports cars over $200,000 sell more slowly - particularly when you take your wife to the showroom. :frown

I'm taking mine to France on June 2 leading a line of Aston Martins to a friends chateau for an Aston gathering. I guessed that as the GT has the steering rack from a Vanquish, it qualifies! I'll eventually post some shots.

flyingsniffer

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
Hertfordshire, Essex
Having looked at the Autotrader list, I estimate there are ten GT's for sale in the UK at the moment.

Including mine:frown

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
That's a shame - why are you selling?

flyingsniffer

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
Hertfordshire, Essex
That's a shame - why are you selling?

It was/is a difficult decision, the Gt is unquestionably a wonderful car, but I feel that I've 'done it' now. If I replace it, it will be with a convertible so
I can enjoy it in the sunny weather more. More likely, I will import a new helicopter from the USA!

The impracticality of the GT has increasingly frustrated me. The LHD is no problem - the doors, on the other hand, are a right royal PITA. You can park at a posh restaurant, then some clown will park his car next to you, so you can't get in. Then you look like a sad idiot as you try and either fold yourself into the car or go back in an drag a bemused diner from his Prawn Cocktail. Grrr!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Have you thought about adding the butterfly doors hinges.

http://www.gtx1.com/images/optionpics/cutout_frontview.jpg

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
It was/is a difficult decision, the Gt is unquestionably a wonderful car, but I feel that I've 'done it' now. If I replace it, it will be with a convertible so
I can enjoy it in the sunny weather more. More likely, I will import a new helicopter from the USA!

The impracticality of the GT has increasingly frustrated me. The LHD is no problem - the doors, on the other hand, are a right royal PITA. You can park at a posh restaurant, then some clown will park his car next to you, so you can't get in. Then you look like a sad idiot as you try and either fold yourself into the car or go back in an drag a bemused diner from his Prawn Cocktail. Grrr!

May I enquire as to the specification/options and price of your car? Please PM me.

I am about to push the button on the purchase of a GT (albeit one I am sourcing in the USA) and clearly it would be a lot easier to buy one already here!

Thanks!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK

I understand the reasoning - I have felt with all of my cars that 'I've done that now' but strangely not with the GT. The GT is THE car that represents, concisely, my passion for cars. Yes it's a little impractical- part of it's charm!

Good luck with the helicopter!

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Yeah, me too, I'm going to sell my GT because the car is difficult to get in to and buy a helicopter. Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

BlackICE gave you the "parking pblm" solution. OR, if you're determined to have a convertible, you could have a GTX-1 built out of the car you have ... though admittedly not real simple/easy to DO from the UK!

Appart from either of those "solutuons"(?), you could simply be more "picky" where you park the car so that no one COULD park next to you (at least on the driver's side). I've done that since "day one".

'Just my unsolicited $.02 ~~~
(and worth about that much...)

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Yeah, me too, I'm going to sell my GT because the car is difficult to get in to and buy a helicopter. Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing.

That because of the full roll cage cuda! If you think parking the GT in a place that has easy exit and entry is hard, wait until you try to park the helicopter!

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Oh yeah, I forgot about parking the helo, dam.