Roush 600RE GT

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Autoblog reports that Roush is producing 10 special black Ford Gts at their facility in England. Sorry I'm too computer dumb to reference the post. Nice looking car.

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
looks bad to the bone:thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Nice!!!!

Hmmmmm. Wonder if I should powercoat my wheels...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Nice!!!!

Hmmmmm. Wonder if I should powercoat my wheels...

I have read that wheels and stressed components should NOT be powder coated. Maybe they are using a special system that doesn't heat the wheels?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I have read that wheels and stressed components should NOT be powder coated. Maybe they are using a special system that doesn't heat the wheels?

Thanks Bony. Yes, I have heard the same thing, but have not researched further. Would love to hear from you and the board more about suitable alternatives to the powder coating process if it is not viable...

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Well well well... I wonder if they offer the upgrades without going for the whole package.

I am moving to England this Summer and will have Roush do the conversion to European specs... That would be the perfect time for a little upgrade...

And regarding to powdercoating... The wheels need to be designed with powdercoating in mind. A BBS representative was talking at a PCA (Porsche Club of America) meeting just about it... and how most wheels are weakened by the heating process

This is an interesting link from Rennlist (Porsche message board)

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=347254&highlight=powder+coating+wheels

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
Many of our board members have already exceeded what Roush is doing.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Thank thing is hot.

You can add 10 more to the Black on Black list.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Many of our board members have already exceeded what Roush is doing.

Very true... but in Europe Rush will be the authority on the car... and having them tweak the car will be like AMG tuning your Benz or Ruf upgrading your Porsche vs going to install an SC yourself.

I am still a newbie in the Ford world and I don't want to screw with such a perfect car.

everetto

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2006
Desert Southwest
I have posted before stating that the specifics of the powdercoat cure temperature and the specific alloy in question MUST be known before one can state that there will be issues that impact the strength of the wheel;

Mark’s Handbook for Mech Engr’s (10th Edition, Pg 6-55) says:

“The loss in strength is proportional to the time at elevated temperature…6061-T6 heated to 400°F (200°C) for no longer than 30min or to 300°F (150°C) for 100-200h suffer no appreciable loss in strength.”

I am not sure of which alloy our BBS wheels are constructed, but it is likely 6061 - maybe someone can verify this. I am still considering powdercoating my wheels black, and if I do I will consult with the techs who do the job regarding the specifics of their bake temperature and the time. This can be done with no issues if proper care and research is done.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Very true... but in Europe Rush will be the authority on the car... and having them tweak the car will be like AMG tuning your Benz or Ruf upgrading your Porsche vs going to install an SC yourself.

I am still a newbie in the Ford world and I don't want to screw with such a perfect car.

Teo - completely correct!

Roush are beyond being 'very good' - they're excellent. Every dealing I've had with them has been superb. They know the car inside out (of course) and, importantly, they're nice people too. When you get over here don't let anyone else touch your car. If you need any contacts there, just give me a yell.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Teo - completely correct!

Roush are beyond being 'very good' - they're excellent. Every dealing I've had with them has been superb. They know the car inside out (of course) and, importantly, they're nice people too. When you get over here don't let anyone else touch your car. If you need any contacts there, just give me a yell.

I totally agree. Roush did all of the work on my car during delivery and the first year of ownership and the work and people were exceptional.

Rob

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I have posted before stating that the specifics of the powdercoat cure temperature and the specific alloy in question MUST be known before one can state that there will be issues that impact the strength of the wheel;

Mark’s Handbook for Mech Engr’s (10th Edition, Pg 6-55) says:

“The loss in strength is proportional to the time at elevated temperature…6061-T6 heated to 400°F (200°C) for no longer than 30min or to 300°F (150°C) for 100-200h suffer no appreciable loss in strength.”

I am not sure of which alloy our BBS wheels are constructed, but it is likely 6061 - maybe someone can verify this. I am still considering powdercoating my wheels black, and if I do I will consult with the techs who do the job regarding the specifics of their bake temperature and the time. This can be done with no issues if proper care and research is done.

PLEASE, keep us posted, I would like to do mine, if there is a vendor that can do it properly.

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
Additional 600RE Detail:
http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/magazine/3200.asp?id=13393

Interesting fourth picture. I wasn't aware of the back-up light modification.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

All european cars have to be modded with I think changing of the HID headlights, always on driving lights (fog), the rear lights like you see with an addittional "red one" on the right side and a immobilzer alarm system... :ack

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Additional 600RE Detail:
http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/magazine/3200.asp?id=13393

And those pipes are as big as mine! :banana

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006
Am I losing my grip, here, or other than the required European changeover items, is this going to be another "big buck/low value" designer appearance package? In addition, pulley change is not a big deal...everyone on the forum knows that. Every time I see something like this, P.T. Barnum's infamous saying comes to mind.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Am I losing my grip, here, or other than the required European changeover items, is this going to be another "big buck/low value" designer appearance package? In addition, pulley change is not a big deal...everyone on the forum knows that. Every time I see something like this, P.T. Barnum's infamous saying comes to mind.

Guess it is your call if you feel the package is worth it or not. Must be great to have a Ford GT across the pond. Here are a couple of pictures of FGT's in Monaco. Nice little 599 in great company.

Attachments

• 599 1.jpg
    599 1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 599 2.jpg
    599 2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 183

fordcapri

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2006
I live in the UK, and when I come to modify my GT I will not be turning to Roush but will be sending for parts from the USA who seem to give a lot better value for the dollar and better horse power gains with their tuning kits.

I just wonder whether they are offering this conversion as a means of trying to move a number of unsold GTs that are presently for sale in the UK for high prices. When I last looked in the Auto Trader a couple of weeks ago there was 18 cars listed and these have been for sale for up to over a year.