Roush 600RE GT

flyingsniffer

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
Hertfordshire, Essex
Oh, 'cuda...you yanks crack me up. I'm laughing so hard I bet you can hear it in America!!! (BTW that's IRONY - you might wanna look it up in a dictionary)

Neil, thanks for the thought. I'll let you know how I get on.

BlackICE: I've already got one, just fancy a newer one of the same model. Whenever I went somewhere and had the choice of helo or GT, I took the helo every time, even though it costs a King's ransom to even start the thing - different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Oh, 'cuda...you yanks crack me up. I'm laughing so hard I bet you can hear it in America!!! (BTW that's IRONY - you might wanna look it up in a dictionary)

Neil, thanks for the thought. I'll let you know how I get on.

BlackICE: I've already got one, just fancy a newer one of the same model. Whenever I went somewhere and had the choice of helo or GT, I took the helo every time, even though it costs a King's ransom to even start the thing - different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I lived in England for four years and loved it. I especially liked the people I met, many of whom became my good friends. I am thankful that during my stay in your country that I didn’t meet you. You’re either having a bad day or you’re just pompous. Either way thank you for selling your car as I wouldn’t want the thousands of GT enthusiasts in the UK who would have crossed your path to think you are representative of the average owner of this incredible automobile. Why don’t you buy a Ferrari to go along with your helicopter?

Cheers,

Rob

Last edited:

fordcapri

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2006
I have read a report on this car today, and it seems the only modifications are a smaller pulley wheel and a new belt with a transmission oil cooler, and a couple of other cosmetic items added to the car. It appears the ten cars that they intend to do are cars unsold in the UK or if not ones sourced from the USA.

I was surprised to read that according to the magazine Ford approached Roush to develop the Ford GT engine, and it also stated that they built these engines for the Ford GT. I wonder how correct they are?

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
I think whoever stated that it is a marketing ploy to sell the last GTs is right...

600hp is quite ridiculous as an an upgrade as we all know that a tune up might yield more that that to the crank...

So they paint the car black, change the wheels and make it more expensive and voila'....
I wonder if the VINs are new or otherwise it would be interested to see which cars they have "upgraded".

As per England... lighten up on the guy selling his car... Parking your car at a posh restaurant can be a pain in the arse... and there are not very many places avaliable...

Having said that the GT is not the car to drive to the posh place. You should have your chaffeur drive the Bentley and wait for you outside the place.

Me... when I go to Ramsey's or the Ivy I cab it...

SierraMike

Sep 18, 2007
UK/Chicago
Having said that the GT is not the car to drive to the posh place. You should have your chaffeur drive the Bentley and wait for you outside the place.

Late on this thread I know but only signed up this weekend and only just decided that I should be looking to buy a GT.

I totally agree. The only restaurants I would be driving a GT to are ones in the middle of nowhere so it's a drive worth making. They invariably have plenty of parking. Otherwise I take a cab or a 'practical' car to more central restaurants.

Out of curiosity, how much is the butterfly hinge? It could come in handy when shopping at Tesco :biggrin

SierraMike

Sep 18, 2007
UK/Chicago
Out of curiosity, how much is the butterfly hinge? It could come in handy when shopping at Tesco :biggrin

In response to my own question - $12K.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Do you often talk to yourself Mike? :wink

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
I don't drive the GT to get somewhere. The car is so good it's worth it just to go for a drive. I gave up on the door thing on day 2.

BTW, the doors RULE for the track.

SierraMike

Sep 18, 2007
UK/Chicago
Do you often talk to yourself Mike? :wink

Whatever works :biggrin

There's so much information on this forum that I'm still getting to grips with it. I saw a cost of $25k on another thread. I'll delve more deeply into this when the time comes.

In the meantime, I'll continue reading and try to catch up.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Me... when I go to Ramsey's or the Ivy I cab it...

Was in Ramsey's after Goodwood. Was going to travel in the Tube, save time and the damn workers went out on strike. Ramsey's is always great, despite the antics of Gordon. You have great taste in cars and joints.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
HA! Daniel I think we'd get along on a lot of things...

Back to Roush anyway.... These guys just performed the US-to-Europe conversion on my car. Absolutely great job.

Also they are willing to perform ANY type of work on the cars. They off the records told me they installed a lot of accufab exhaust systems even though they should sell the Tubi ones.

Also the Roush 600RE is just a collector car. At Roush they are passionate about the GT. I am considering adding the accufab, intecooler and do a pulley....

The problem is that on the Autobhan against a Gallardo it was not even fun in stock trim... With a pulley there will be really nothing this side of an Enzo that stays with the car...

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Seconded on Roush - I'm a big fan of Dave Jones and his team there. Proper people, work hard, do a good job, go the extra mile. It's HUGELY important when you have a car you're emotionally attached to!

I had an amusing moment on the way there the other week. The GT being left hand drive the toll at the Dartford Tunnel is, erm, interesting. Dave gave me a tip - lower the passenger window and toss the coin (£1) into the automatic basket across the passenger seat.

Yup, I'll try that.

Ooops, missed. Damn. Nearly...

Cost me £4!

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Roush fitted the Accufab x-pipe to my car a few weeks ago. Jason (V8 FGT on here) has the Tubi on his, and I thought that was loud. The X-Pipe seems louder! We should get together one day soon and compare notes.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
love those blue hoses that they are using... just finishes off the engine bay.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
The UK GT's should definitely meet for a pint one (hopefully dry) Sunday...

I must have the only stock GT in the world!! :biggrin

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
The UK GT's should definitely meet for a pint one (hopefully dry) Sunday...
Last Goodwood breakfast club is 7th Oct. Could be a good place to meet?

When I found I was getting my GT, I said I'd leave it stock....and ended up with Roush doing the pulley change before I'd even picked up the car! Suspension and Whipple next...

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
I think I am leaving mine stock for a while... I am doing the Ring on Oct 2, then a couple of track days.... Then I'll see if I need mods...

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
I think I am leaving mine stock for a while... I am doing the Ring on Oct 2, then a couple of track days.... Then I'll see if I need mods...
I'll be interested to see how your brakes hold up. After doing the Isle of Man GP thing with TopGear mag mine have a slight judder. They got rather hot chasing an LP640 over the mountain! Not that hard keeping up though ;).

To be fair to the brakes, there's a lot of big stops from high (I hit 165mph at one point) speed, and as you can imagine, the TG guys don't drive in a Miss Daisy manner.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

Can't wait for your feedback, have fun and be safe. The Ring is a very difficult track. Lost two buddies from Ferrari Chat there when they lost control of their 360. Way to much track for me.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
I'll be interested to see how your brakes hold up. After doing the Isle of Man GP thing with TopGear mag mine have a slight judder. They got rather hot chasing an LP640 over the mountain! Not that hard keeping up though ;).

To be fair to the brakes, there's a lot of big stops from high (I hit 165mph at one point) speed, and as you can imagine, the TG guys don't drive in a Miss Daisy manner.

I have already swapped the brakepads for pagid orange RS 4-4. They shriek a little bit on the road but they have a nice initial bite and they are easy to modulate.
I tracked the car in the US on a very brake heavy cirquit with no problem whatsoever (also with ATE superblue fluid).