Rally IV, 2009 - What State? What Track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Just got home tonight... We have trailered to Newport Beach and to Las Vegas from Detroit.... Would sure be nice to do something a bit closer to mid US or East Coast next year.
AJB

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
TEXAS.......mid-U.S.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
If you do Texas there are several tracks we can use. We can find some very nice places to stay as well. We just have to be mindful of trailer parking in Austin but may be able to find a solution to that as well. Dallas has 2 tracks that would work and I believe Houston has 1 as well..might be someone on here that owns it too.

I should have my house done by next September and can start the festivities here..I would have plenty of parking for trailers as well. Just let us know.

Bob Hibbs

GT Owner
Oct 17, 2007
As I grew up in Montana when there was NO speed limit, I can say that all of Montana is one big track.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
For you 200 mph GT guys - Tony George has graciously offered the full 2 and 1/2 miles of IMS in September. It will henceforth be called the USGP and will only permit Ford GT product on the grid. Remember to brake long BEFORE the corners! :biggrin

North Carolina/Virginia works for me!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
How about some east coast action
+ 1
In the east we have many great tracks to choose from ..Pick anywhere in between Florida and Connecticut ,great driving roads , plenty to do and great weather !!! OK that's my pitch !!!
+ 1
East Coast

NJ Motorsports Park. Close to AC, all the amenities.

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/

I nominate GJ Joey to head up the organizing committee.
+ 1

Just got home tonight... We have trailered to Newport Beach and to Las Vegas from Detroit.... Would sure be nice to do something a bit closer to mid US or East Coast next year.
AJB
+ 1000 !! Anything east of the Rockies Please !!

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
What happened to Florida being in the running? Lots of tracks in the South East. Sebring would be great. Lots of great towns to base from like Miami, Orlando (for families), Daytona, etc.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I guess Europe is out of the question? :wink:biggrin

If you guys come over here, I´ll even change my forum name to something much easier to remember ......

:cheers
Anders

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
texas! enough said! :biggrin I think no matter where we do it we are all going to have a blast, so with that in mind the obvious choice is texas.:biggrin we have several tracks to choose from and different types(drag, 60-130, road course) first class dinning, entertainment, and accommodations, and if the timing is right the weather aint too bad either, oh ya and the people are real friendly.:biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Would a vote be fair, with an adjustment of 3 points for each rally already attended, and an adjustment of 10 points for MarkIV members, 5 points for MarkII?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
And what of super-delegates?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
super delegates.... how long did it take you to figure that one out? :)

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I think those with butterfly doors and gurney bubble doors should get the most votes.

Bony... you back in town? We still on for lunch?

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I can be bought for a donation to my wife's Breast Cancer Walk (13 points by Bony's system)....I figure $69.23 per point. That should bring her to her goal. :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Would a vote be fair, with an adjustment of 3 points for each rally already attended, and an adjustment of 10 points for MarkIV members, 5 points for MarkII?

Sounds good to Me !!:biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
You get an extra 5points when you confirm my cf kick panel is intransit. :)

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
The point system sounds good but how about 1.5 points for each "unofficial/semi official meet" Like Sema, Indy, Sebring,

And .5 points for Pre rally/ Barrett Jackson.

So 10 pts for BOD
5 pts for others
3 for each rally
1.5 for semi officials
and .5 for Chips mini rallies

That way the people who have ground the pavement to get to the aforementioned get a chance to rest.

BTW under this system my vote would be -- 16.5 points (BOD, 1 rally, Sema and Indy, 1 Chip Mini)
I think Itsonlymoney would be --- 21.5 (BOD, 3 Rallies, Indy,SEMA, 2 Chip Minis)
and EP's would be 11.5 (BOD, Sema)

Also a good incentive to upgrade to BOD Lifetime!!!!

If we scored on posts Bony and EP would out point us all!!!!

Just a thought ...

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
How about 1 point per posting - that way Dave and Bony can decide (which is what will happen anyway)

:thumbsup:thumbsdow:thumbsup

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
TEXAS!!!!! I have photos of Bony and E.P. and I won't say what of or if they are together. I will use them if I have to!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
super delegates.... how long did it take you to figure that one out? :)

I was angling for yet another increment of measure in total point (# of rallys, SEMA, # posts, et.al) count. I was thinking along the lines of adding 20 points for each Camilo party attended. :biggrin DBK would still be the highest total vote getter, but it might help to level the remainder of the playing field.

Scode; hey, wakeup - that's you!

Status
Not open for further replies.