Rally IV, 2009 - What State? What Track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Looks like we're building interest for Hawaii mini-Rally! Hopefully, I'll remember to snap some shots this weekend.

+1

Made my first trip over to your neck of the woods about 4 years ago. Wife and I had a fantastic time. Stayed at the Mandarin Oriental, swam with the dolphins and enjoyed life. Won't have any trouble talking the wife into that. :thumbsup

Don't know if I would ship the car over there. I have a shipping phobia that I need to get over. :ack However count the 'Rex clan into the interested column. :cheers

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
+1

Made my first trip over to your neck of the woods about 4 years ago. Wife and I had a fantastic time. Stayed at the Mandarin Oriental, swam with the dolphins and enjoyed life. Won't have any trouble talking the wife into that. :thumbsup

Don't know if I would ship the car over there. I have a shipping phobia that I need to get over. :ack However count the 'Rex clan into the interested column. :cheers

Good to hear you had a great time in Hawaii. Mandarin no longer manages the hotel but it's still nice.

I understand about your shipping phobia. As you might imagine, I've shipped many a car over the water and all with very little incident. With that said, flying the car is much preferable for many reasons. I hope to secure a group rate for just that.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Mini Rally

I'd rather have a GT Rally than a Mini Rally. I know there are a lot of Forum members that own Minis but let's bring the GTs; although, we could probably fly 2 Minis for the price of 1 GT!

Ed "I didn't get it" Sims

Hey, they don't call me Special Ed for nothing.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I'd rather have a GT Rally than a Mini Rally. I know there are a lot of Forum members that own Minis but let's bring the GTs; although, we could probably fly 2 Minis for the price of 1 GT!

Ed "I didn't get it" Sims

Hey, they don't call me Special Ed for nothing.

Ed answer your txt's:bored

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Special Ed, I see the medications are now working and you are getting lucid again.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Special Ed, I see the medications are now working and you are getting lucid again.

I'll take some of those meds please!:biggrin

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
My vote would be east coast, perhaps Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, or Virginia. Asheville would be fantastic. Atlanta with Road Atlanta or Virginia with VIR. Obviously close to me, but all rallies so far have been several thousand miles from those of us on the East Coast. Lots of Florida Ford GT owners. Yes, I know about hurricanes...but I think it is time to have one on this side of the Mississippi!

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
My vote would be east coast, perhaps Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, or Virginia. Asheville would be fantastic. Atlanta with Road Atlanta or Virginia with VIR. Obviously close to me, but all rallies so far have been several thousand miles from those of us on the East Coast. Lots of Florida Ford GT owners. Yes, I know about hurricanes...but I think it is time to have one on this side of the Mississippi!

"but I think it is time to have one on this side of the Mississippi"

I agree .... it may entice more attendance form the east.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Seriously, does nobody remember the first rally? There were about 90 cars there. It was in Detroit. :lol

We've only done three of these, it's not like we've done 7 straight years of pacific ocean drives. Detroit is way closer to the Atlantic than the Pacific.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
"but I think it is time to have one on this side of the Mississippi"

I agree .... it may entice more attendance form the east.

One of the many reasons I was kicking myself for missing this one is the fact that the last two have been out here. (in my defense, I was not an owner last year) Even though I have a west coast bias I can admit that you east coasters are due. :cheers

Thus my interest in Aloha's mini-rally in Hawaii. However flight time is roughly the same as going east so my logic may be a bit flawed. :confused:lol Can't argue with the scenery in Hawaii though. :thumbsup

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Seriously, does nobody remember the first rally? There were about 90 cars there. It was in Detroit. :lol

We've only done three of these, it's not like we've done 7 straight years of pacific ocean drives. Detroit is way closer to the Atlantic than the Pacific.

DBK - a few of us remember #1. In a little town called Dearborn.

And you are correct with your geography lesson. At least until the Big One hits the left coast.

No matter where the rally is to be held, we'll be there.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm glad someone remembers Jeff. :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Love this thread.

Would love to see an analysis of the weather patterns for the last 90 days for NC-Virg, Fl and Austin Tx.

Also, a geographic review of where the Mark IV members are.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Love this thread.

a geographic review of where the Mark IV members are.

Excellent idea .............. use East and West of the Mississippi as one criteria.

GTLes

GT Owner
May 16, 2006
Riverside, California

My vote would be Virginia.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

Did you forget Detroit!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The vote is now going on in the special super secret ultra Mark IV section. We will have news in 10 days! :banana

Status
Not open for further replies.