NFGT auctioned at Shady Dana's House of Sleaze (Title Presented by DBK)

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Dear Mr Miller... I would like to communicate to you the way the GT Forum members feel in a way which you would understand. I'm sure at 90 even you have seen Top Gun. So in the spirit of Goose..."uh...we were communicating Sir..."

Attachments

• Goose.jpg
    Goose.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 525

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Dear Mr Miller... I would like to communicate to you the way the GT Forum members feel in a way which you would understand. I'm sure at 90 even you have seen Top Gun. So in the spirit of Goose..."uh...we were communicating Sir..."

9cf35c0b68a72a00a02c6908725c5040.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
This may be off topic here .....but the 77 "IRIAF" F-14 never become boat anchors as you state...parts where cut off but where supplied thru black market after the revolution and then Reverse Engineering took over....they still fly today .....just posting few facts....as my father (a Brigadier general) and cousin flew F-14's under the Shah's regime and as cadet hoping to fly the F-14 I can speak to this topic.[/url]

100% correct.

My Father was in the IIAF; oversaw the training of virtually all IIAF Cadets in TX; built Iran Air from zero to 747s; orders from McDonnell Douglas, Northrop, Lockheed, Raytheon, GE, R-R, Airbus, Gen Dynamics; Sikorsky, Bell, MAN, Concorde all graced his desk and plaques are still in the B747SP. He and his partners cut the deals; can view invoices, wires and US embassy cables on wikileaks.

The mastery in the negotiations; contingency plans; and 1976 DoD $ deposit were genius.

From Gen. Petreaus assesment of the Quds, to Billions $ on palletes bound for Mehrabad in '16
to Top 20 in GDP.

So, no on boat anchors; yes on assets (miltary and financial) well managed.

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
100% correct.My Father was in the IIAF; oversaw the training of virtually all IIAF Cadets in TX; built Iran Air from zero to 747s; orders from McDonnell Douglas, Northrop, Lockheed, Raytheon, GE, R-R, Airbus, Gen Dynamics; Sikorsky, Bell, MAN, Concorde all graced his desk and plaques are still in the B747SP. He and his partners cut the deals; can view invoices, wires and US embassy cables on wikileaks.The mastery in the negotiations; contingency plans; and 1976 DoD $ deposit were genius.From Gen. Petreaus assesment of the Quds, to Billions $ on palletes bound for Mehrabad in '16
to Top 20 in GDP....

Say what?

Ed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA

Attachments

• scaled.jpg
    scaled.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 475

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
First there was Iran-Contra....now Iran-Mecum....

And what time does the cluster...err, I mean bidding start tonight?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Was out on a thin branch. It broke. ;-)

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
"Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder."

- George Washington, August 19, 1789

Wonderful quote! Just as Washington cautioned Howe that things may not be what they seem, this could be the very same case here with the consignment of this GT....

This GT might very well sell today, but this smells like a Dana publicity stunt to me.

Think about it. Dana gets a friend to "consign" a car that cannot be sold; per agreement with the manufacturer. Dana then promotes the consignment, the controversy around which generates a boatload of publicity for his auction. The car hits the block and gets "bid" sky-high, but it, nonetheless, doesn't hit "reserve." Because the car doesn't hit "reserve" it doesn't sell... no harm, no foul -- as far as the agreement with Ford is concerned, anyway.

I could be dead wrong, and perhaps this car really is for sale, but I will be mildly surprised if the hammer comes down on it. We will soon know.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I believe you are certainly correct on the desire for publicity, but this car was definitely being marketed for sale over the last couple of months and it was not done particularly discretely.

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
I am 61 years-old. One of the toughest lessons that I have learned during my life is what a truly rare commodity integrity happens to be. When you do come across someone with unimpeachable integrity, however, it shines like a 100 million candlepower!

Ford did an admirable job of striving to get these wonderful machines into the right hands. Unfortunately, the vetting process notwithstanding, Ford still got duped in a very few cases... I suppose that this was probably unavoidable. Sad.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Lined up, dusted off and ready to go across the Auction. Neither Dana or Frank will talk about this sale coming up soon!

Attachments

• 719F4022-D4A1-4626-8C54-2D7125AC6E26.jpg
    719F4022-D4A1-4626-8C54-2D7125AC6E26.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 498

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Says it sold for $1.8 million. Good luck, hope it was worth it.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My contact said purchaser was sitting in the high dollar reserve section and did sign the buyers order of the Auction and people were congratulating him. He could have been someone working for the auction? It was not shown on TV coverage, probably on purpose! I watched it on IPad. Dana Mecum made a comment that Mecum was given legal opinion on selling the GT by a judge and had no liability with Ford. He made a big deal of it which may come back to haunt him with Ford in the future? Oh Well, Was It Worth It? I’m not selling mine and will not talk to brokers about it! Not even in 14 months!

davidn

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2007
Carrollton,Texas
here is a pic from the auction...1.6 plus 160k in fees...

Attachments

• IMG_1980.jpg
    IMG_1980.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 475

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I hope it comes back to haunt them all...

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I hope it comes back to haunt them all...

:agree:

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
Ridiculous:( im so upset about this :(

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
But shouldn't we be happy that I didn't go for 600K?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
But shouldn't we be happy that I didn't go for 600K?

I would have preferred that. For guys like me, all this does is drive up the cost of insurance. I think these early buyers are going to look back and realize they paid way too much.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Not wanting to derail the thread but if this is the first truly open market and well publicized (albeit arguably illegitimate)NFGT sale result , will it be the new benchmark for insurance evaluations? I understand this has been a bit of an issue for some new owners to date. Just curious.