NFGT auctioned at Shady Dana's House of Sleaze (Title Presented by DBK)

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Yea Blake, Take one for the team. Be like Geraldo and get a video taped altercation with this prick trying to flip his car. It will make the tv coverage for sure.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Look, let me save you the trouble. The dude that owns this car had a mammoth collection of Mustangs, and is apparently clueless. I say this because his car got sent to me repeatedly as it was long being shopped around as being available, with the complete order and a picture of the car. Bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him. No, this sale is not legitimate, it is not for charity, and I think it's unlikely it will end up crossing the auction block.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.:wink

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Hey Chip want to start another pooI ?? I could use a few extra bucks up here. LOL

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Blake, you are like Wolf Blitzer....our embedded reporter, on the ground, in the trenches....

NEW NAME
BIG INCH WOLF BLAKE!
Just goes to show you No matter how hard Ford tried .There is always some jerk who will take advantage of any situation.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Blake, you are like Wolf Blitzer....our embedded reporter, on the ground, in the trenches....

Please, don’t insult Blake with comparisons to a crap reporter- Blake is more of a Kimberley Strassel, the WSJ’s kick-ass investigative journalist!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hey Chip want to start another pooI ?? I could use a few extra bucks up here. LOL

I would but I don’t see this GT being sold at this auction either. Ford has been serious about enforcing the no sale clause and rather than a hammer drop price you might guess the day and time this GT will be pulled from this auction.

Chip

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Please, don’t insult Blake with comparisons to a crap reporter- Blake is more of a Kimberley Strassel, the WSJ’s kick-ass
investigative journalist!

I’m referring to Desert Storm One...Our man in Baghdad!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Looks great under the high intensity lights and lots of lookers.
PS. The GT looks good too !

Attachments

• IMG_7253.jpg
    IMG_7253.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 691

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Love it! :biggrin

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
It is a beauty - and of course I love the color

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL

It looks like the GT Forum A Team is on site to kick some ass and take names! Have fun all!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Please, don’t insult Blake with comparisons to a crap reporter- Blake is more of a Kimberley Strassel, the WSJ’s kick-ass investigative journalist!
That's high praise indeed.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hush-Hush about the Ford GT up for sale Saturday from my contact at Mecum. No one seems to know much. He will get to talk to Frank sometime today. This contact had 6 vehicles going through the auction on Friday afternoon and knows Frank well!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Big Inch prefers to think he is the Hugh Hefner of car shows and auctions.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I mean honestly, what is Frank Mecum gonna say Tomy? They are well aware the car isn't supposed to be sold, and therefore are parties to the sleaziness associated with it. Jack Miller apparently sold the car last month (title change 4/12) to whoever is consigning it to Mecum. Maybe it's a game to insulate themselves, maybe he sold it to a dealer. Don't know don't care.

I'm sure I've said this before but people are shitty. That's just a fact of life, and there's no application to weed out unethical dickheads. The original owner, who has plenty of money, went through a convoluted application process to represent why he should be sold a car a lot of people want, and he signed a document(s) saying he wouldn't sell the car for two years. That's really all that matters. At some point he decided he didn't like those terms and sold it anyways, so he could make a few hundred thousand dollars in after-tax (assuming he will even declare the gains) income. That's just sad to me. Even if he got a big pay day and sold the car for $1 mil over MSRP, that's $500k. What difference will that money make? None. There are just plenty of sociopaths who have an endless desire to "win" by taking advantage of circumstances other people can't, regardless of what it says about their character.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That sums it up nicely. Jack Miller has how many dealerships?

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Well, I'd say that Ford's batting average is still pretty good. I'm not sure exactly how many of the 750 cars have been built yet, but there are (to my knowledge) only a few that have traded hands. That number should be zero.

Still, when most firms pick people to hire, the success rate is about 50%. So, Ford's success rate with picking good brand ambassadors is pretty good by that measure, notwithstanding a few bad outcomes. Silver lining--maybe the long-term, 2005-06 owners who remain enthusiastic about the brand will look that much better by comparison!:thumbsup

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
Well, I'd say that Ford's batting average is still pretty good. I'm not sure exactly how many of the 750 cars have been built yet, but there are (to my knowledge) only a few that have traded hands. That number should be zero.

Still, when most firms pick people to hire, the success rate is about 50%. So, Ford's success rate with picking good brand ambassadors is pretty good by that measure, notwithstanding a few bad outcomes. Silver lining--maybe the long-term, 2005-06 owners who remain enthusiastic about the brand will look that much better by comparison!:thumbsup

This is a great perspective on the situation. Thanks and well-said.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dave, Interesting side note, Frank Mecum, Dana Mecum’s son and auction partner was chosen by Ford to purchase a Ford GT when his Father was turned down. Dana told me that last year at the Mecum Auction in Houston. Most of the time when you get too close to a Shit Wagon you get it all over you!!

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
If Mecum is fully aware of the situation and still allows car to go to auction, then they are not much different from the original owner.