NFGT auctioned at Shady Dana's House of Sleaze (Title Presented by DBK)

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I mean honestly, what is Frank Mecum gonna say Tomy? They are well aware the car isn't supposed to be sold, and therefore are parties to the sleaziness associated with it. Jack Miller apparently sold the car last month (title change 4/12) to whoever is consigning it to Mecum. Maybe it's a game to insulate themselves, maybe he sold it to a dealer. Don't know don't care.

I'm sure I've said this before but people are shitty. That's just a fact of life, and there's no application to weed out unethical dickheads. The original owner, who has plenty of money, went through a convoluted application process to represent why he should be sold a car a lot of people want, and he signed a document(s) saying he wouldn't sell the car for two years. That's really all that matters. At some point he decided he didn't like those terms and sold it anyways, so he could make a few hundred thousand dollars in after-tax (assuming he will even declare the gains) income. That's just sad to me. Even if he got a big pay day and sold the car for $1 mil over MSRP, that's $500k. What difference will that money make? None. There are just plenty of sociopaths who have an endless desire to "win" by taking advantage of circumstances other people can't, regardless of what it says about their character.

Well said. Sad to see, but a persons character is quickly revealed. For many of us, we could make some profit gains on our 05/06 but have chosen to enjoy the GT not the extra cash. I think for the most part the NFGT owners with 05/06GT will do the same.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I've consigned two cars with Mecum at their Seattle auctions. No more. Agree, sleaze.

davidn

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2007
Carrollton,Texas
The story I heard was the original owner in 90 with cancer and doesn't care .....

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
The story I heard was the original owner in 90 with cancer and doesn't care .....

Still a douchebag.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Still a douchebag.

LOL

roman-gladiator.jpg

davidn

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2007
Carrollton,Texas
Still a douchebag.

I 100% Agree....

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Sell it back to Ford as the agreement he signed stipulates. Pass on with your integrity.

Last edited:

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
“Circumstance does not make the man; it reveals him to himself.”

― James Allen

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
“Circumstance does not make the man; it reveals him to himself.”

― James Allen

"Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder."

- George Washington, August 19, 1789

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

The new “no sale for 24 month” agreement being used today is a lot stouter than the one I signed and will make a sale like this almost impossible.

On another note. These are very complicated cars that will all need parts & service. Would it be possible for Ford to limit warranty, parts, and service on all new GT’s to the original owner for the first 24 months? Seems like a simple warranty addendum could accomplish that.

Chip

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
To the person that altered the original title of my post, I would appreciate it if you would not do that again. If you have something to say, post it under your name. Thank you.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

what a dick to not let his kids inherit it..

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
To the person that altered the original title of my post, I would appreciate it if you would not do that again. If you have something to say, post it under your name. Thank you.

That would be DBK.. you might want to take that up in pm with him.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
"Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder."

- George Washington, August 19, 1789

Love it--will add it to my repertoire!

Andre Q

GT Owner
May 24, 2016
Germany
Gentlemen,

The new “no sale for 24 month” agreement being used today is a lot stouter than the one I signed and will make a sale like this almost impossible.

On another note. These are very complicated cars that will all need parts & service. Would it be possible for Ford to limit warranty, parts, and service on all new GT’s to the original owner for the first 24 months? Seems like a simple warranty addendum could accomplish that.

Chip

You are so right. Without a service and parts support...... not good!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
No, denying warranty and parts is one of the few things that come to mind to make this worse.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Perhaps that Sam Li guy will buy it and bring his total of NFGT's to SIX!!!

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
I mean honestly, what is Frank Mecum gonna say Tomy? They are well aware the car isn't supposed to be sold, and therefore are parties to the sleaziness associated with it. Jack Miller apparently sold the car last month (title change 4/12) to whoever is consigning it to Mecum. Maybe it's a game to insulate themselves, maybe he sold it to a dealer. Don't know don't care.

I'm sure I've said this before but people are shitty. That's just a fact of life, and there's no application to weed out unethical dickheads. The original owner, who has plenty of money, went through a convoluted application process to represent why he should be sold a car a lot of people want, and he signed a document(s) saying he wouldn't sell the car for two years. That's really all that matters. At some point he decided he didn't like those terms and sold it anyways, so he could make a few hundred thousand dollars in after-tax (assuming he will even declare the gains) income. That's just sad to me. Even if he got a big pay day and sold the car for $1 mil over MSRP, that's $500k. What difference will that money make? None. There are just plenty of sociopaths who have an endless desire to "win" by taking advantage of circumstances other people can't, regardless of what it says about their character.

From Jalopnik.com ... https://jalopnik.com/this-2017-ford-gt-is-mysteriously-up-for-auction-and-fo-1826086117/amp

Looks like the car might have already been sold once. Shows that it was re-registered on 4/12/18. From what I read, the car was originally purchased by Mustang collector and owner of Miller's Ale House chain Jack Miller and then sold to the current owner last month.

usmcfred

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Perhaps that Sam Li guy will buy it and bring his total of NFGT's to SIX!!!

6 would be 6 more then I got more power to him his track videos are epic i would share but told i cant post them here