New member with lots of Q's about a car I bid on EBay, with Salvage title

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Roketman, thanks. ALso, I watched your video of racing Lime Rock. Great stuff. I have driven a number of tracks with the Porsche Club. SUmmit Point (WV) was my go-to track, and I've been there a couple dozen times.

Have you posted anywhere the mods you made to your car to go racing?
Been to Summit point many times.Love that track.The only mods Ive done is what I listed.I don’t really track my GT any more due to fact I have a cup car.I hope you are going to join us at the rally.A really great time is had by all.Best of luck with your GT!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
+1 on summit. Flat through 3 and 4 and the braking for 5 is a real eye opener. During an endurance race at night, a friend hit a deer in an open cockpit car, he was very lucky it didn't come into his head.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Rocketman, unfortunately the rally is not in the family vacation plans this year. Possible next year. Where will that one be held--Is it always in Las Vegas?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
This is the second time for Vegas. Next year will be the 10 year anniversary so it will probably be back to Detroit (location of Rally I).

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Sorry to hear you can't make R9.
R10 is a must however.Acually I find all rallies a must!Read some past posts under the rally sections so you understand rally fever! R10 is going to be in Detroit. Our fearless leader has many grand surprises in store for us!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
What are the dates? It helps to write these events on the family calendar as far in advance as possible, otherwise I may get roped into driving the family van to visit relatives.

Last edited: