NASCAR joins every car made for decades...

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I don't get guys that hammer NASCAR as not being racing. I mean, you let me know how easy it is to 160 mph through banked turns while touching guys on both sides. I'm not a fan of the buddy-system racing stuff, but Formula One is significantly more boring. I say this as a person much more inclined to keep up with Formula One than NASCAR. This weekend was the first NASCAR race I've watched in a looooong time. Formula One is a race to turn one on lap one, then a 90 minute parade. We went to the last U.S F1 GP and that was exactly how it went. "Oh who made it to turn 1 first?" "Oh he did? Let's go home." I'm just interested in F1 for the hardware. As far as racing goes, it's a total bust.

My favorite part about NASCAR is that it's undoubtedly the number 1 hillbilly sport of all time, and yet in the hood, NASCAR gear is a big time business. I'd be willing to bet that NASCAR doesn't draw 10,000 viewers inside the city of Detroit, but man do those M&M's jackets fly off the shelves! :lol

So, are you goin' to Indy this year?? 100 years and they finally appear to be headed back to relevent racing. Ford not in the mix yet.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
OK. So, win on Sunday, and on Monday I'm supposed to buy a .... Fusion? Nice car, but let's re-think that.

And congrats to the Wood Bros., Ford for its' 600th win and Edsel for finding/backing the Kid. Now please sign him long term before Hendrick steals him. And a couple of F sponsorship $$ to the Woods.

Ford Racing Video on Wood Bros. and returing to the podium (Thanks Edsel Ford). :thumbsup

http://www.fordracing.com/news/detail/?article=38987

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ford Racing Video on Wood Bros. and returing the podium (Thanks Edsel Ford). :thumbsup

http://www.fordracing.com/news/detail/?article=38987

Have you ever heard a more open and honest 'self-assessment' made by anyone in your entire life?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Have you ever heard a more open and honest 'self-assessment' made by anyone in your entire life?

+1