NASCAR joins every car made for decades...

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"Restrictor plate races" are going to be 'interesting'.

Edit: My bet is there will no longer be a "need" (as if there actually ever was one) for these plates when f.i. is adopted. Whatever "restrictions" officials may want for any particular race will simply be 'programmed' into the injection setup (be they in the "tune" or nozzle/pump restrictions, or whatever combo they wish).

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Like racing is suppose to be green? :bs

According to NASCAR Vice President of Competition Robin Pemberton, "This is a positive step that will provide greater fuel efficiency and a greener footprint while maintaining the same great competition that we have seen on the race track."

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Air restriction plates have been used a long time in sports car racing.

"Restrictor plate races" are going to be 'interesting'.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Now how about abandoning the pushrods? :bored

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Now how about abandoning the pushrods? :bored

The ZR1 proves that's not really necessary! :lol

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Was blessed as my first race as a kid was Pete Hamilton winning the 500 in 1970 with the superbirds...........we lived down the road from motion performance...:thumbsup
But this WWF is killing me....minus K/ busch that can run 4 series and win in everyone, the big league is the worst.....tonite is BORING.......twas there when Bill elliot was flying in the t bird...hope technology helps but you have to write a better script.....10 year anniversary..if jr is near the front , want to bet who wins....gtjoey1314

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
SO, when will they be running with passengers and baby seats in the back? If they want to stay with the times, the true racers of our streets are those crazy S.U.V driving moms :rofl
I call them C.S.U.V.D.M.s:eek

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
SO, when will they be running with passengers and baby seats in the back?

...and CUP HOLDERS. Don't forget the cup holders...

H

HHGT

Adding technology to an already stupid sport does not make it any more interesting. In my opinion, and I hope I don't offend anyone here on the forum, NASCAR is theeee stuuupidest form of racing ever.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Adding technology to an already stupid sport does not make it any more interesting. In my opinion, and I hope I don't offend anyone here on the forum, NASCAR is theeee stuuupidest form of racing ever.

I don't know if it's the stupidest Sammy... as I was at Monster Jam last night with the family and the intermission was circle track trailer racing, where the one car with the trailer still attached at the end was the winner...:frown :ack:lol
No offense ever taken from you my friend......

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

In the days they were competing to see who could make a "stock" car fastest, it was pretty cool.

The Road coarse at Watkins Glen and Sonoma are pretty cool too.

I stopped watching when the cars got so far away from stock that only headlight stickers would indicate which factory backed the car.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Spoken like a true immigrant! :rofl Yeeew obviously haven't fully assimilated into the culture yet, have ya, son!:lol

In the days they were competing to see who could make a "stock" car fastest, it was pretty cool.

I stopped watching when the cars got so far away from stock that only headlight stickers would indicate which factory backed the car.

Alas, I have to agree with you..though I still watch the 'big track' races. Drag racing has suffered the same fate. There's NO similarity at all between the race cars of today and their counterparts on the showroom floor like there was "back in th' good ole days" when "race (win) on Sunday, sell on Monday" really reflected the way it was. Shoot, it's so different now that all the 2 dr TRACK cars can only be bought as 4 drs on the showroom floor! What kinda BUNK is that??? :bored

Last edited:
H

HHGT

H

HHGT

Spoken like a true immigrant! :rofl Yeeew obviously haven't fully assimilated into the culture yet, have ya, son!:lol

Yep old man Pockets, I was still enjoying my Camel Races...:slap

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Hey, just came over the wire....Pemberton, is restricting the grill from 18 x 36 to 2 1/2 x 20 :eek and a pop off valve so once you draft and hit 250/260 TEMP your done.....this should lower speeds 20 miles an hour.....what the hell is the purpose of the race.......GTJOEY1314:thumbsdow Just got an early copy of the script, DALE JR, wins with 5 cars blowing up behing him......Michael Waltrip second.....everone else from RCR next , they cross the finish line and all of them cry in front of a 200 foot screen of SR. smiling down on them....then Danica concieves dale the 3rd...never touched by a man.........with a 3 on his neck............and the saga begins all over again......
the end........gtjoey1314:frown

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Just got an early copy of the script, DALE JR, wins with 5 cars blowing up behing him......Michael Waltrip second.....everone else from RCR next , they cross the finish line and all of them cry in front of a 200 foot screen of SR. smiling down on them....then Danica concieves dale the 3rd...never touched by a man.........with a 3 on his neck............and the saga begins all over again......
the end........gtjoey1314:frown

:lol :lol

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Hmmmm, maybe we should all hop over to Tony George's spec series and watch the open wheel guys run their supplied motors, supplied chassis supported by their three remaining sponsors, won't have to hurry, only about 5000 paid in the seats. Fact is sense Tony and AJ teamed up to kill Champ Car (a very sad day in motor sports IMO), Nascar has been the only forum of US based auto racing that isn't a complete joke. I can find some entertainment in so called "stock" cars running 10,000 rpm, small blocks, push rods, carbs, pushing each other at 206mph or banging doors on a road course. Joey, give it up on your desire to scream "Ah ha I new Jr would win, it's scripted", you've been writting this for awhile now and boy hasn't won but one race sense joining the most dominate race team in Nascar three years ago. If the fix were in he would have been stacking up the wins like cord wood, the red necks are screaming for it and it just hasn't happened. Fact is sense technology took over and cars became too fast, with the limits placed on designers and engineers for safety reasons, most all forms of auto racing has become boring including "get in line and follow the leader" F-1.

And yes Sam, I'm offended! :mad
:lol:lol

Last edited:

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
2112, I thought it was funny too.......Steve, as Chris Akanomacki said, once the cars of tomorrow came out....once theres no thrill of death or living on the edge, its time to switch to another sport....millions have switched...The indy is a disgrace. Sadly I was in the pits when Scotty Bratten lost his life trying TO WIN BACK THE POLL....We are on the same page, Have you ever seen a driver like Kyle Busch, 3 series and drives the wheels off, but now , just read the script. As for JR, the problem is he cant read......que up the banjos........ner ner ner ner ner ner nerner ner nner . Cant really beat on him though it is ten years and all. But just think what are the odds...........he draws number 1 in the shoot out.....highest poll speed for the poll, hmmm If he is close he;s winning...just remember last years wrangler race, others pullled over and joey logano pushed him over the line....the ratings crashed, it was toooo obvious....gtjoey1314 tennis anyone.....

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Yeah, I recall the Wrangler race. Even Billy Bob and Cletus figured that one out. When you have three of the top four teams in Nascar (Hendrick, RCR and EGR) join in to build one car for one race, then put a proven Sprint cup restrictor plate driver behind the wheel and then place that car in a minor league race= win.
PS, Joey:skep Elvis is dead and Oswald did kill Kennedy.:lol

Last edited: