NASCAR joins every car made for decades...

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I have to admit, the truck races are fun its like racing in the 60's or 70's they bump,run, short race, full size trucks, its fun...the rest is just boring, your right even f-1 so instead, lets get gtjimmy and have a weekly picinic....bench racing is more fun anyway.....and we always win.......go gtjimmy go........gtjoey1314 elvis ? ...oswald ? who are they? im not old enough...its lady ga ga..or nothing...peace out dog.....:lol

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Hmmmm, maybe we should all hop over to Tony George's spec series and watch the open wheel guys run their supplied motors, supplied chassis supported by their three remaining sponsors, won't have to hurry, only about 5000 paid in the seats. Fact is sense Tony and AJ teamed up to kill Champ Car (a very sad day in motor sports IMO), Nascar has been the only forum of US based auto racing that isn't a complete joke. I can find some entertainment in so called "stock" cars running 10,000 rpm, small blocks, push rods, carbs, pushing each other at 206mph or banging doors on a road course. Joey, give it up on your desire to scream "Ah ha I new Jr would win, it's scripted", you've been writting this for awhile now and boy hasn't won but one race sense joining the most dominate race team in Nascar three years ago. If the fix were in he would have been stacking up the wins like cord wood, the red necks are screaming for it and it just hasn't happened. Fact is sense technology took over and cars became too fast, with the limits placed on designers and engineers for safety reasons, most all forms of auto racing has become boring including "get in line and follow the leader" F-1.

And yes Sam, I'm offended! :mad
:lol:lol

Let me guess, you probably like the Truck races too! :willy:willy:willy

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
wurn't you the one with the 800hp Chevy diesel pick-um-up truck trying to entice WilliamS in his new F-150 into a drag race? huh? wurn't ya?

All seriousness the only US based auto racing I will stay home to watch is the Rolex series and that is because a friend is the 2 time champion. If it's the weekend I will turn on Speed and watch anything before I turn on ESPN for a professional stick and ball sport, for many of the same reasons Joey has stated. The only exception is College Football, ever sense Georgia killed Carrol and moved my Rams to St Louis I've been hooked on college. How's that for a conspiracy Joey?:lol

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
WELP, Act one complete, Mikey wins the truck race , he hasnt driven a truck in 10 years, in a new unproven truck at close to 50 years old makse a pass on the OUTSIDE LANE and wins.......
Act 2 tomorrow, dale jr hasnt done better than 38th in nationwide in 4 years.......driving number 3 and Danica Patrick comes in at 4th for qualifiying with dales old crew chief.....I bet jr unless he wrecks himself and danica second, she has never been better than 28th, remember she has dales old crew chief......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Looks lieke 5,000 tickets sold.....keep it up, your almost at indy league sales.....:lol:lol:lol
I mean loses:thumbsdow gtjoey1314

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Joey, after the two very large wrecks there were only 4 or 5 undamaged (8 total) trucks still on the track, Michele was one of them. Are you really saying that was all staged? Let me guess, Nascar instructed Jr. to get rammed from behind and total his pole sitting car during practice just so he can start from the rear only to add drama for Sunday.

Look out buddy, here they come, they have your name and know where you live!:lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byh1jcaJY8g

Last edited:

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Gents,

If I may chime in here......You all are too wrapped up in this debate over NASCAR being fix or real,,,,Exciting or boring.
Yes, we have lost all the excitement and competition in American racing. For me, I still have once form of racing that excites the living s@#t of me...Rally!!!Now here you still have that element of danger, speed, competition, technology combined into one exciting thrill ride (for both the drivers & fans) These guys are true racers in every sense of the word.

As much as I enjoyed attending last year's 24hr LeMans (since it been 24 years for me since the last one), I still look at my one Rally race as the most exciting "live attended" race ever!

Have any of you guys ever attended a Rally?

JL

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
GTJimmy,
I have it on good authority that The World Rally Championship Series is co-owned by the World Wrestling Entertainment Association and The Womens Flat Track Roller Derby Association.
In all seriousness, I didn't think rally racing was a very good spectator sport being they only come by once and then gone? I have watched it on TV and enjoyed it.

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Gents,

If I may chime in here......You all are too wrapped up in this debate over NASCAR being fix or real,,,,Exciting or boring.
Yes, we have lost all the excitement and competition in American racing. For me, I still have once form of racing that excites the living s@#t of me...Rally!!!Now here you still have that element of danger, speed, competition, technology combined into one exciting thrill ride (for both the drivers & fans) These guys are true racers in every sense of the word.

As much as I enjoyed attending last year's 24hr LeMans (since it been 24 years for me since the last one), I still look at my one Rally race as the most exciting "live attended" race ever!

Have any of you guys ever attended a Rally?

JL

Yes - the other JL

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
SteveA,

Up close and in person it's exhilarating! The noise, the speed, the out of control slides, etc... And the TRUE danger. World wrestling is a farce; it just a side show. Rally Racing is real! Drivers die while pushing the envelop of car control. As for Roller Derby, well, that's another Hollywood joke. Rally driving is not. I'm sure you have the coin, take a trip to Europe and experience a race like you've never seen. And technology! Won't see that in the WWF..........

JL

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I'll go and check out a rally race next chance.
( As for WWE and the derby, problem with the internet is sometimes people can't tell when your joking) :wink

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Well gosh, doesn't it just break my heart to see all those Toyotas and Chevys playing pinball just in time for Ford to go 1-2-3. Such a shame :lol

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
It was cool to see the #21 Wood Brothers in Victory Lane again. :thumbsup Pretty cool backstory on the kid too!

Hope Ford can find some extra sponsorship dollars for the team this year.

Attachments

• PettyPearson1975.jpg
    PettyPearson1975.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Well gosh, doesn't it just break my heart to see all those Toyotas and Chevys playing pinball just in time for Ford to go 1-2-3. Such a shame :lol

OK. So, win on Sunday, and on Monday I'm supposed to buy a .... Fusion? Nice car, but let's re-think that.

And congrats to the Wood Bros., Ford for its' 600th win and Edsel for finding/backing the Kid. Now please sign him long term before Hendrick steals him. And a couple of F sponsorship $$ to the Woods.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
OK. So, win on Sunday, and on Monday I'm supposed to buy a .... Fusion?

Good luck BUYING a 2dr Fusion...

And congrats to the Wood Bros...

It WAS nice to see them win again. One couldn't get any more "good ole days" than that! :banana

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
OK. So, win on Sunday, and on Monday I'm supposed to buy a .... Fusion? Nice car, but let's re-think that.

Cobrar - you would buy a Fusion if the Big Guys at Ford allowed the SHO/TT/AWD to be installed in it. And then have Torrie add a little tune to it.

As you probably read early this week Ford has petitioned Nascar to allow them to rename the current COT from Fusion to Mustang.

Which will sell in big numbers on Monday.

1/2/3 at Daytona today just like LeMans with the GT in the 60's!

Go Blu!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
It was cool to see the #21 Wood Brothers in Victory Lane again. :thumbsup Pretty cool backstory on the kid too!

Hope Ford can find some extra sponsorship dollars for the team this year.

The Wood Brothers have been loyal to Ford the whole time they have competed in NASCAR. I love that.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
WOW, check out all the closet Nascar fans. :lol Of course you all know this thread would have been deleted and all posters would all be banned on Ferrarichat.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't get guys that hammer NASCAR as not being racing. I mean, you let me know how easy it is to 160 mph through banked turns while touching guys on both sides. I'm not a fan of the buddy-system racing stuff, but Formula One is significantly more boring. I say this as a person much more inclined to keep up with Formula One than NASCAR. This weekend was the first NASCAR race I've watched in a looooong time. Formula One is a race to turn one on lap one, then a 90 minute parade. We went to the last U.S F1 GP and that was exactly how it went. "Oh who made it to turn 1 first?" "Oh he did? Let's go home." I'm just interested in F1 for the hardware. As far as racing goes, it's a total bust.

My favorite part about NASCAR is that it's undoubtedly the number 1 hillbilly sport of all time, and yet in the hood, NASCAR gear is a big time business. I'd be willing to bet that NASCAR doesn't draw 10,000 viewers inside the city of Detroit, but man do those M&M's jackets fly off the shelves! :lol

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Last year Mrs SteveA and I decided to see America and meet Americans so we loaded up the motor home and headed south east for 6 months. While in the south we camped at Talladega, Bristol, Martinsville, Daytona for the Rolex, Sebring and other tracks. You are correct about the hillbilly comment but a nicer, more loyal or friendlier fan base you won't find. Something else that didn't go un-notice was even though drinking and partying was out of control the entire 3 to 4 day event, with well over 100,000 campers, we didn't see a single fight of hear of any theft. The deep south is a very interesting place.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Last year Mrs SteveA and I decided to see America and meet Americans so we loaded up the motor home and headed south east for 6 months. While in the south we camped at Talladega, Bristol, Martinsville, Daytona for the Rolex, Sebring and other tracks. You are correct about the hillbilly comment but a nicer, more loyal or friendlier fan base you won't find. Something else that didn't go un-notice was even though drinking and partying was out of control the entire 3 to 4 day event, with well over 100,000 campers, we didn't see a single fight of hear of any theft. The deep south is a very interesting place.

....and great Barbeque!