May1-3, Ferrari Challenge Race at Infineon

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Anyone in the Bay Area/N. Cal might be interested in attending? It will be fun to have a few Ford GTs at the parking area among many many Ferraris. Thus far, Last Blue and I are planning on going, at least on Saturday (i might even go on Friday). You'd never know if the factory will bring a few eye-candies to the track, for example, ~3 years ago they brought over a few F-1 cars ( the sound of which is unlike anything we have here. Our Indy/Champ cars don't come close....), 2 years ago they had a few FXXs.

Anyone, anyone?

GTED

Fyr-FtrGT

GT Owner, BofD
Mark IV Lifetime
May 28, 2006
Walnut Creek, California
I plan on having my heritage there on Friday for sure, and maybe over the weekend.

Gary Tryhorn

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Gary,

If that's the case, and should I make it on Friday, there will be 2 heritage there at a same time!! Now, that is a rare sight for everyone, including me as I've never run into another heritage, yet.

Ed

I plan on having my heritage there on Friday for sure, and maybe over the weekend.

Gary Tryhorn

Fyr-FtrGT

GT Owner, BofD
Mark IV Lifetime
May 28, 2006
Walnut Creek, California
Gary,

If that's the case, and should I make it on Friday, there will be 2 heritage there at a same time!! Now, that is a rare sight for everyone, including me as I've never run into another heritage, yet.

Ed

We will definitely have to have a camera with us. But we must be careful not to upstage our hosts, as this is a F car event.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Gary,

Ed

Here are "Gulf GT" and "Gulf" from Texas in action on I40 West of Flagstaff, on the way to Las Vegas for Rally 3 :thumbsup

Attachments

• Rally3-0370a.jpg
    Rally3-0370a.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 212

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
They must be twins!! Similar license plates and #'s. Wow, what a sight! thx for the pix.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The starting point.

Here are "Gulf GT" and "Gulf" from Texas in action on I40 West of Flagstaff, on the way to Las Vegas for Rally 3 :thumbsup

Gentlemen,

A fond memory of our 2nd Rally to the Rally, from Scottsdale to Las Vegas. A convoy of about 50 Ford GT's!! A larger gathering than our 1st Rally to the Rally on our way to Los Angeles. But I'm going to predict that our 3rd Rally to the Rally, from Scottsdale to Texas, will be even larger!! :cheers

Our wise and forever "Moderator Emeritus", Daniel Bonyhadi, noted correctly on more than one occasion, that all Ford GT Rallies began in Scottsdale.

Chip

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Will the GT's be in the pit parking area? Is this a Ferrari only track event? I have my car in Kenwood, about a half hour from the track, sounds like a fun thing to do. I should be able to go Friday. Clinton, Ed Simms lets go. This GTX-1 will be there.

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
...........~3 years ago they brought over a few F-1 cars ( the sound of which is unlike anything we have here. Our Indy/Champ cars don't come close....), 2 years ago they had a few FXXs.

Here is the itinerary from Road Atlanta last weekend: https://secure.ferrarichallenge.com/series/roadAtlanta

Looks like they will have the F1's & FXX's again this year.

I'll be attending Sunday.

atspeed

LAST BLU
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Berkeley, CA
Will the GT's be in the pit parking area? Is this a Ferrari only track event? I have my car in Kenwood, about a half hour from the track, sounds like a fun thing to do. I should be able to go Friday. Clinton, Ed Simms lets go. This GTX-1 will be there.

As GTED mentioned, I will be attending as well in LAST BLU, probably Friday/Saturday. This is an event staged by Ferrari North America. They will be racing Ferrari F430 race prepped cars and historic stuff as well (probably Maserati in addition to Ferrari). You can find more at http://www.ferrarichallenge.com . Hopefully they will bring along some pleasant surprises as in years past.

I think that there will be space to park in the paddock area, but I am not sure. I have a workshop at the track and as a benefit I get to park where I want. As a result I don't really pay to much attention to what they set up from event to event for parking. I will be parked somewhere in the paddock or lower garage area in front of my shop. Hopefully everyone can park in the paddock (this event is very far from a sellout, especially on a Friday).

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ferraris at Sears Point

Ok, Tom - I'll be there on Friday. On Saturday I'll be in Florida visiting Stormcat!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
What is the schedule like on Friday Start... end?

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
Looks like they will have the F1's & FXX's again this year.

Not at infineon. There are specific races that the F1 and FXX cars go to. They mix it up each year.

A buddy of mine is racing this year, also a friend of mine who runs a team will be there with his driver. Should be a blast, especially at Infineon.

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Mousecatcher

Will your race schedule allow you to meet us at Sears Point on Friday?

Ed

Green Beret

Green Beret
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
Danville,Calif
I would rather meet at Kenwood and drink wine and have a GT Rally than see a bunch of Ferraris. Why not have a bay area rally somewhere!

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
Ed - will my F430 be allowed to mingle with the FGT's? ;-)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Ed - will my F430 be allowed to mingle with the FGT's? ;-)

I guess so, only because it is a Ferrari event. :biggrin

mousecatcher

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2007
San Mateo, CA
I would rather meet at Kenwood and drink wine and have a GT Rally than see a bunch of Ferraris. Why not have a bay area rally somewhere!

i'm sure the ferrari guys will love to see a bunch of FGTs! i know whenever i had to go to the F dealer I would drive the FGT ... any customers inside are instantly outside checking out the car. :biggrin

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Who is going Friday and what time? I might be able to go.

Kevin