May1-3, Ferrari Challenge Race at Infineon

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Friday

Triheart7 - we can drive from Sac together if you want. I'm not sure what time but leaving anytime after 9am is good since traffic will be thinner. We can meet at Dave's at 8:30 & have some coffee next door.

Green Beret - Ferrari's aren't that bad. Some of the owners give the make a bad name though. Mousecatcher is one of the good guys. Come with us! We'd love to meet you there. We only have to stay at the track a short time then we can go on a drive!

Ed

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
That sounds great.

Kevin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Is everyone going on Friday? What time and place to meet at Sears Point?

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Clinon & Ed,
Are you going Friday? Do we know if we can park in the paddock area? I'm not going if we have to park in the general parking areas. I hope this all works out, we need to slay the Ferrarri!
Tom

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Is everyone going on Friday? What time and place to meet at Sears Point?

Ed and I are only going Friday. If we leave Sacramento around 9, we should be at Infineon(Sears Point) around 10:30-11, (depending on trafic).

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Ed,
What time do you expect to arrive at the track? Clinton, my car is back on the Peninsula. We can drive up together. Ed, a ride after the track sounds good
Tom

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Clinton,
If we leave at 9:30, we should be there around the same time as Ed and Triheart7.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
It appears the following people are going:

Friday:
Ed Simms (the self proclaimed Special Ed) :rofl
GTED (the less special Ed, apparently...):bored ~70% I'll make it Friday
AtSpeed- Last Blue, Michael
Triheart7
BlackIce- Clinton. Are you confirmed?
Piana- confirmed?
MouseCatcher-confirmed?

Saturday:
GTED
AtSpeed
Fyr-FtrGT

Everyone, please confirm so we know how many GTs will be there. It should be fun!

As for parking, I'm told the non-f-car exotics will be parked closed to the F-cars in an ample roped off area, but I can't vouch for that as I took my Range Rover last year and had to park in the dirt up the hill...

GTED

Last edited:

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
:thumbsup Look forward to seeing fellow GT's.

Kevin

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
I'll be there. I'm e-mailing the Ferrari club. Infinion said tey rented the track for the weekend and it is up to them to give us the ok. I'll keep you posted.....

atspeed

LAST BLU
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Berkeley, CA
I will be there both days. Mid-morning on Friday until... and then not sure just what time I will arrive on Saturday, but I will be there until event close that day.

Michael

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Planning to leave Friday around 9 - 9:30 arriving at 10:30 to 11:00. Where are we meeting up at (parking)?

atspeed

LAST BLU
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Berkeley, CA
I would say a spot in the paddock out of the way of the action and if you don't find any familiar cars there, check out the lower garages behind turn 11. My garage is there -- G-9. If they really don't let you into the paddock (which prevents you from getting to the lower garages as well), then it would have to be the designated event parking. I will call folks I know in track administration tomorrow and see if anyone there will give me a straight answer as to where everyone will likely be able to park.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
I have been in touch with the staff for the Ferrari Challenge. Matt Michenzi will be working registration and will call. He will have the required permits for us to park in the paddock area.
Tom

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Clinton,
Is 9:30 to early for us to leave? I know you need your 10-12 hrs sleep each night. Call me and we can set up a time and place to leave from.
Tom

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Tom

Good work, u da MAN! I think someone had voiced that they might be there on Sunday as well. Please advice, once your Ferrari contact has confirmed, as to how do we gain access to the paddock area for us. thx

Ed

I have been in touch with the staff for the Ferrari Challenge. Matt Michenzi will be working registration and will call. He will have the required permits for us to park in the paddock area.
Tom

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Clinton,

Friday arriving ~10:30 to 11am works great for me, as I plan on going to the office for a couple of hours before leaving for Infineon.

Ed

Planning to leave Friday around 9 - 9:30 arriving at 10:30 to 11:00. Where are we meeting up at (parking)?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I guess I will have to wake up a wee bit early and hook up with Tom on the way to Sears P. I am putting the final touches on my new ass.

atspeed

LAST BLU
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Berkeley, CA
Excellent. Thanks for saving me the time!

Michael

Tom

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
thanks

Thanks Atspeed & Tom - see you on Friday.

Ed