Luggage, PHX to LV and back

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
I will have multiple bags and helmet [if needed].

Team Jeff has not come up with an option for us either. I'll put back on my thinking cap.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Is not Mr. Blue Moose associated with UPS in AZ? I'm working on a driver for DBTGT's truck.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
If it's a brown truck, I've got 250,000 drivers.:lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
So can we work a deal with UPS to get luggage from Scottsdale to Vegas and back? Note, not everyone will be returning to Scottsdale.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
DO WE NEED TO WEAR A HELMET WHILE ON THE TRACK IN VEGAS???

It would appear this piece of information would be nice to know and impacts a number of people. Anyone know for sure??

Dave posted on another thread that the track would have open face loaners for those who don't bring their own, so I guess the answer is yes, you need a helmet to track your car on Friday.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
So can we work a deal with UPS to get luggage from Scottsdale to Vegas and back? Note, not everyone will be returning to Scottsdale.

Sorry, Not even employees get a discount on shipping or use of equipment. But we are planning to ship our luggage worry free by UPS:thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Moose, I'm not implying a discount. What we need is transport that gets our luggage there (Vegas) the same day we do. Can this be done? Pick-up at the hotel in Scottsdale and drop off either same day or next day in Vegas.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Dave posted on another thread that the track would have open face loaners for those who don't bring their own, so I guess the answer is yes, you need a helmet to track your car on Friday.

Yep, saw Dave's post in the other thread. Thanks for pointing it out to me! I will be bringing my helmet as well...

Still working another luggage shipping angle. Is anyone else worrying about this? Or have all decided to go the UPS route and get their luggage in Vegas on Thursday or Friday?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I'm trying to work on this. Looks like not too much interest, but that's actually good, since there won't be too much luggage. Give me a couple days yet. Frank

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
THE GT GUYS will have a trailer and motorhome, so I am sure you can get them to haul the luggage one way from Scottsdale to Vegas, going back will be another issue.

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
We have a trailer (Alex) following from Scottsdale to Vegas too. But only one way, car is going directly to Chicago from Vegas on Friday. We are going to have our luggage in the trailer, assuming the current rains will pass, we will not have to put the car in there for any part of the trip. No Top X-1. Don't think we can fill the trailer with luggage just in case, but a few should be able to work.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Sorry for my lack of attention to this topic guys!

DBTGT has truck and trailer but needs a competent driver, right? I may have someone interested in the drive, he is checking he work schedule now.

Can we offer him (or anyone else) something more than a free drive to Vegas & back?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Problem has been solved. Will give info over the weekend. Any other takers that are not in my post further down the line?

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Problem has been solved. Will give info over the weekend. Any other takers that are not in my post further down the line?

Any info to share?

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Please share info asap. I prefer not to ship mine back and forth via UPS.

I have got a commitment from Van Horssen Group to take their trailer and use it as a support vehicle as well. They want to be able to cover their expenses - around $500 for gas. Not sure if they've considered hotel in that or not?

Would like to confirm a solution as soon as we can.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Clarification from VHG

Hi Chip & Co,

I've spoken to you all recently so you've heard the offer, but here it is again...

Van Horssen Group has a truck and 44 foot enclosed 2 car hauler that we would be willing to use as for support/luggage/car transport for the rally from Scottsdale to Vegas. I have a number of other things to do in Vegas which I can expense another way, so all I would ask from FordGT guys is $500 for gas. You can throw whatever you want in the trailer: luggage, wheels/tires, tools/equipment, cars, food, booze, women, etc.

I'd also like to be able to participate in some of the events.

If you want me to do it, the sooner I know the better. Let me know what you think.

Best,

Scott Harrington

mail

14825 N. 82nd St., Suite A
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

888.287.6149 main

480.850.5992 direct
480.544.1986 mobile

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
I'm in. I gotta think that two sizeable pieces of luggage and helmet would run $100 or so - roundtrip via UPS? Certainly would on the airlines.

Anyone else? We've got 47 GT's going up according to Chip. We should be able to make this work - unless you all do not have passengers and are filling the shotgun seat?