Got it covered.... see post 16 in this thread

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I'm in, but I'm going just one way, Phoenix to Vegas. I'm sure Indy GT will be in and probably Spirit. Please keep us informed. Thanks Frank

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I had been wondering about this. If the dates and times of his travel correspond with the groups travel, I would be very interested.

In other words, if he is planning to drive with us to Vegas, straight to the hotel, and then leave with us when we head back to Phoenix, I'm in.

It would make the drive from Phoenix much more easy.

Thanks

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
thanks Jeff, I will be driving solo and not need ther service.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
In other words, if he is planning to drive with us to Vegas, straight to the hotel, and then leave with us when we head back to Phoenix, I'm in.

Exactly the plan I had in mind.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Exactly the plan I had in mind.

That arrangement works for me - count me in! :thumbsup

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
vegas luggage service

I would be in for it. My wife and I have been wondering how to deal with this. I was going to have suitcases shipped UPS or something. This solves the issue for me.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Have there been arrangements made? I have a friend with a truck & trailer who volunteered to drive any luggage from Phoenix to Las Vegas & Back. We would need to cover his costs.

When you say "costs" does that include hotel room, meals, hookers, etc?

Or just gas and mileage?

He may need a big trailer.....:biggrin

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
When you say "costs" does that include hotel room, meals, hookers, etc?

Or just gas and mileage?

He may need a big trailer.....:biggrin

Hookers? Yeah, we would need to cover them... so tack on an extra $20 :rofl

Seriously though, He would need all his expenses covered.

• Food, (dinner with the club) He can pay for his "regular" dining, but I don't want to preclude him from joining us for a group dinner.
  • Fuel, We can estimate the actual cost as the date nears.
  • Mileage, ?? late model f-250 what ever that costs to operate.
  • The enclosed 28' trailer, which is very clean inside and out will be donated for use by my dad.
If my wife doesn't meet me there he can stay with me and avoid the extra hotel expense.

We also could use the trailer as a support tool, if some one has an extra set of tires we could take them in case someone has a flat, bring oil, tools, spare parts as attendees see necessary.

I'd like to start a list of guys & gals who would like to use this trailer to move the items they want to LV. Then we can get an idea of how much the actual cost will be. My guess is it will end up costing less than shipping and be much more convenient.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I would probably be in.

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Jeff and I spoke about this yesterday [neighbors]. I'd suggest we look a cost to ship and look at estimated overall costs. Then see how many people we'd need to 'buy in' to make it break even or cheaper.

I'm in if it's break even or close.

Jeff - that's a pretty damn big trailer. Any way to tie in Jason's auto detailing and share some of the costs? Not to speak for him - but I'm not sure about his setup or gear for mobile and I know there's a lot of interest in detailing while at the rally.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Jeff and I spoke about this yesterday [neighbors]. I'd suggest we look a cost to ship and look at estimated overall costs. Then see how many people we'd need to 'buy in' to make it break even or cheaper.

Agreed, I'll work on an estimate.

We could also hire a super shuttle van to follow us up & back if the above scenario gets too expensive/doesn't attract enough takers.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Jeff - that's a pretty damn big trailer. Any way to tie in Jason's auto detailing and share some of the costs? Not to speak for him - but I'm not sure about his setup or gear for mobile and I know there's a lot of interest in detailing while at the rally.

Great idea. :cheers

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
I had a chance to talk to the supershuttle folks and they do not travel to Vegas, nor would they transport luggage with out a "representative" for the luggage. So scrap that idea.

I also spoke with Scott Harrington at http://vanhorssengroup.com/ about sponsoring a truck and trailer for the event, he sounded receptive and indicated they would likely need to at least cover actual costs for the trip. I suggested he contact Sir Chip Beck to work out details. :wink

I really think having a trailer available (no matter who hauls it) will be the best way to transport the luggage & any support equipment we need to Vegas and back.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You can take me off the list. I think I can pack everything I need in the car for the Vegas leg of the trip.

Thanks

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Looks like we got it covered! NOT 4N has offered his transporter to move luggage!

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10809&page=5

Thank you Trent! :cheers

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Looks like we got it covered! NOT 4N has offered his transporter to move luggage!

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10809&page=5

Thank you Trent! :cheers

+1 Thanks, Trent!:cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Trent, will you please allow me to be the official agent for Luggage Arrangement to straighten all these bozos out? Thanks Your buddy Frank

PS Do you want it in American $, Canadian $ or euros?

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
You got it Frank :thumbsup I've never had a luggage pimp before :biggrin What's my cut?

:cheers
Trent
Official support vehicle Rally III

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Gas money in American $.