Luggage, PHX to LV and back

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
A very unfortunate development has happened with respect to my transporter. To make a long storey short I will not be able to bring it to Vegas and consequently not be able to move luggage.
I am very sorry about this but this is truely out of my control. Thank you for your understanding.

:cheers
Trent

H

HHGT

I have a construction/jack of all trades employee that can transport your luggage from the Los Angeles area to Las Vegas and meet up with you for the return. I pay him a flat daily wage $200 which will have to be covered for 2 days (back and forth) plus his gas. I'll ask him if he's interested. The only way this will work is there is enough of you - he may also have to rent a cargo van if the demand is high - he may also just use my trailer. He is also very handy with wheel changes and so on and so forth and helps me with my car chores all the time. Let me know how many are interested.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
OK boys and girls, we need to work on an alternative here. How do we get luggage from Scottsdale to Vegas (and back if necessary)?

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
I'm picking up the phone to Team Jeff [neighbor] and seeing what the options are.

I think there's enough of us, since it seems like 40+ GT's will be making the trip. Crap the airlines are charging $15-$25 per bag now, and we all own frickin' GT's, so what's $50 for a roundtrip bag fee?

I'll keep my eye on this thread - we need a solution.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Last (first?) "simple" option: UPS/FEDEX

Pblm solved?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Surely we can rent a minivan or something for someone to drive to Vegas? No one else taking their trailer? DBTGT, let's just take your truck. Stand up here and be a man! Don't let your friends down. OR.....perhaps a certain bottleholder developer would use his truck to get back in everyone's good graces? Then we could call him "GoodCat" or "NiceCat."

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Surely we can rent a minivan or something for someone to drive to Vegas? No one else taking their trailer? DBTGT, let's just take your truck. Stand up here and be a man! Don't let your friends down. OR.....perhaps a certain bottleholder developer would use his truck to get back in everyone's good graces? Then we could call him "GoodCat" or "NiceCat."

I don't have a problem with using my truck and/or trailer to haul luggage as long as we can come up with a secure place to park it in Vegas and come up with a competent, reliable driver to get it to and from Scottsdale for us. Any suggestions?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Veronica? Dave, would you be returning back to Scottsdale or then leave directly from Vegas? Where's Danny when you need him? Anybody else got suggestions?

We need a list of people wanting luggage transport from Scottsdale to Vegas and if it's one way or round trip. Indy GT is working on one possiblilty. Please post your name here, don't PM me, and rough estimate of how many bags you'll have.

Frank

Last edited:

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I am round tripping to Scottsdale. I will have one bag. Also I am traveling to Wyoming today and internet access will be limited until Sept 3rd. I'll try to keep up.

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Frank
I've got one bag that needs to get to LV and back to Scottsdale. There's always UPS if nothing works out.
John

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Indy GT is still working on something yet. Looks like DBTGT is game, we just need a driver for his Powerstroke.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
List of baggage Scottsdale to LV

I'll update this as we go along.

fjpikul - 2 bags, + helmet
dbtgt - 1 bag
JBG - 1 bag
BONY - dousche bag (actual spelling douche, sorry, spell check didn't catch)
Texas GT - 2 bags, + helmet
Spirit - bags + boxes

Last edited:
H

HHGT

BONY - dousche bag

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'll update this as we go along.

fjpikul - 2 bags, + helmet
dbtgt - 1 bag
JBG - 1 bag
BONY - dousche bag

That's one of the few times I've laughed out loud over a post, even if you did spell it wrong. Good one Frank.

We may have two bags and a helmet if it's required.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
And just how do you know the correct spelling?

As for the helmet, my mother always said if you have it and don't need it, that's OK, but if you need it and don't have it, then you'll do without (this was not only particular to money).

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hmmm, now where can we find a GT with a trailer hitch?

Baron, where are you when we need you!

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Frankie,
I even laughed the first time I read it. Hope you laugh when you get your bill at THE HOTEL, I am going to have the drapes cleaned in my room, sending them in with my other laundry and charging all to your room.
Luv U Man!
Bony Fife the DoucheBag

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
And Frankie busts MY chops on my post spellings.....
We need a spell checker on the Forum.

Frank, the transportation of bags from Scottsdale to Vegas which I was working on will not work. We are back to continuing to find a working solution for all the 40+ owners starting in Scottsdale and needing to get their bags to THE HOTEL.

I will have 2 bags and a helmet as well.

DO WE NEED TO WEAR A HELMET WHILE ON THE TRACK IN VEGAS???

It would appear this piece of information would be nice to know and impacts a number of people. Anyone know for sure??