Loving wife selling GT

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Does anyone else feel a bit creepy that we're sifting through some of the guy's personal info and even menitoning contacting him? If I am in the hospital and I get a communication from someone I don't know (especially from the internet), I would be concerned and not in a good way.

That's a good reality check - you're probably right.

It reminds me many years ago on the Aston Martin Forum a young kid joined up as he was very enthusiastic about Aston Martins. Despite being only 14, he had a mature way with him, was respectful and yet very knowledgable too. It was clear that he was not from a wealthy family so I made him the offer that I would fly him to the UK (from America) and arrange a personal tour of the (now closed) original Aston factory at Newport Pagnell. Pretty soon other forum members said they would share in the cost of my offer.

Eventually, someone with more sense than me, posted something like:

"Neil - I'd really like to hear him ask his mom and dad... 'mom, I've met this bunch of guys over the internet and they want to fly me over to the UK to meet me, is that OK?' :lol

The end of the tale is that his dad came over too - so we proved we weren't grooming him for something sinister!

It proves, perhaps, also as in the case of our GT patient, that car enthusiasts will do almost anything to help another car guy.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I say go the extra couple grand and let her re-acquire her beloved NSX :rofl After all where can you compare a FGT to an NSX! :rofl

This is what I think of her story....:bs

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
That's a good reality check - you're probably right.

It reminds me many years ago on the Aston Martin Forum a young kid joined up as he was very enthusiastic about Aston Martins. Despite being only 14, he had a mature way with him, was respectful and yet very knowledgable too. It was clear that he was not from a wealthy family so I made him the offer that I would fly him to the UK (from America) and arrange a personal tour of the (now closed) original Aston factory at Newport Pagnell. Pretty soon other forum members said they would share in the cost of my offer.

Eventually, someone with more sense than me, posted something like:

"Neil - I'd really like to hear him ask his mom and dad... 'mom, I've met this bunch of guys over the internet and they want to fly me over to the UK to meet me, is that OK?' :lol

The end of the tale is that his dad came over too - so we proved we weren't grooming him for something sinister!

It proves, perhaps, also as in the case of our GT patient, that car enthusiasts will do almost anything to help another car guy.

That is a great story and would love to be able to share a story like that at some point in my life..

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
It seems that Mr. Glen Smith, (husband of said "loving wife"), is on the Planning and Zoning Commission of the city of Rockwall, Tx.

Maybe one of these guys could enlighten us to the events of Mr. Smith and inform us how to send our best to him in the hospital. If the wifes story is truthful of course.

http://www.rockwall.com/planningzoning/

Little bird in Rockwall tells me the wife's story is true. Poor fellow fell off of a ladder....subdural hematoma and subsequent complications. Now on a ventilator. My wife told me she would wait for me to either come out of it or croak before liquidating my car collection.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Little bird in Rockwall tells me the wife's story is true. Poor fellow fell off of a ladder....

Ooow! Ooow! Oooow! Been there done that. 'No hematoma (thank God) but... :ack

MY wife's reaction/attitude was 180* out from this woman's.

I think I'll keep her!:biggrin

Daltondavid

GT Owner
Jun 22, 2007
Garnet Valley, Pa.
I know my Wife's Louis Vuitton Collection would be on eBay before the Ambulance arrived at the Hospital.......:rofl

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
put this thread and her to bed , alone...!

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
put this thread and her to bed , alone...!

Best suggestion yet. I just ran out of popcorn!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Question & Answer Answered On

Q: You go girl! I am sincerely sorry about your husband, and will say a prayer for him and you. I am lookig for a red GT, and I sincerely hope you get your asking price. Jim K Feb-02-08
A: Thank you. I will.

Q: What is the date of manufacture of this car? Feb-02-08
A: This car was delivered to us from the factory in late August/early September 2006.

Q: May I ask the hospital and room # to send flowers and get well wishes from a fellow Ford GT owner? There are several of us that have wanted to send Glen something special. Thank you. Feb-02-08
A: Dear Friends: Currently he is still in Intensive Care, but you are welcome to send it to him and I will make sure he receives it when he is moved back to a regular room. He is in Methodist Oak Cliff Hospital - Dallas, South Tower, 5th Floor Neuro Critical Care Unit, Room 1. Glen Smith. Thanks so much for your kindness. Peg

31 minute left @ $157,600.00 :pop Tiger, here is one for you :pop I'm going for a :cheers

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Hmmm. Ok. Maybe its true. Don't know but Ok. Why the need to liquidate the car so fast????

If he loves it why sell it?

It just doesn't add up.

Anyway, moving along.......

got one

Dec 1, 2007
Any update?