Loving wife selling GT

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Check out this listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...011QQitemZ320212334991QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Be sure to read the questions and answers after the pics. Expand the text to read the complete answers.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yikes. She sounds all broken up over it.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
She's not a girl for dickering... husband heart attack? :skep

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Check out this listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...011QQitemZ320212334991QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Be sure to read the questions and answers after the pics. Expand the text to read the complete answers.

I do think she wants $165,000.

Does anyone here know him?

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
Check out this listing.

I know this is awful to say or even think for that matter..but this guy may be better off where he is than being home with that cold hearted _______! :frownTalk about resentment...No jewelry :eek.....
Can you imagine surviving his terrible fate only to return home to this woman and her leaning over and saying " I told you not to buy that piece of tin...dear"...It's GONE!:ack
Poor bastard will be right back in ICU !

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I really feel sorry for the poor "basturd". I'm sure he is receiving "the best of care". Hopefully she doesn't have the sole responsibility for "pulling the plug".:eek:eek

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yeah, well, unless the laws are REALLY different in Texas, somebody has to sign the title for the sale, and without a death certificate, that's pretty hard or else it's forgery.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
What is funny is I know the guy trying to buy it...

SW from Austin ...

that is too funny.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What is funny is I know the guy trying to buy it...

SW from Austin ...

that is too funny.

No shit! :lol

Guess the GT isn't such a piece after all.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Her answer ..............................

" Hello, SW...of course I remember you. Thanks for writing. Here's the deal. I am not a girl for dickering. $165,000 Buy it Now is my bottom price. My husband paid $225,000 for this car. He made me sell my precious Red NSX for this car of his for which I have YET to forgive him. So, if my calculator serves me right, that tells me that it has cost us $60,000 to drive 1801 miles so that is $33.31 per mile for that precious piece of red tin covered up in that heated garage that is rarely driven and for which since it was purchased I have never received a piece of jewelry since....Now for my sweet little husband...he was just sent to Intensive Care with cardiac arrest early this morning, his heart is failing, and a ventilator was placed in him. We are praying. But, I must have $165,000 Firm. Sorry. "

Holy sh__ .................:ack

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I wonder if she'd swap me staight-up for a red NSX?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Any of you Dallas area guys know this poor guy? His picture is posted sitting in the car.

Maybe we should send this to the hospital so they won't let her near the "plug".:eek

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
How about $125k and a pallet of MAKER MARK?

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area

I think this a very classy forum.

Clearly someone has a problem here, I think we should just move on.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Bill is correct, I lost my compass. I am keeping the Makers and will be designating it for home use only. Sorry if I offended anyone today... I think I'm on a roll.

Perhaps I could offer $12k and a stolen FGT motor and gearbox.... just kidding Bill.
Your correct.

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
My apologies if anyone was offended by my admittedly twisted sense of humor.I deleted the post...
I will do my best to curb such participation ,however,no guarantees :thumbsup ..."old dogs- new tricks"

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Honestly, her asking price is very reasonible. I am kind of suprised it hasnt sold. I have seen higher mileage red cars sell for $169k easily. Her remarks may have been meant to be more comical, but its always hard to tell someone when you read an email. I dont think it was a good idea to say the reason she is selling the car is because husband is deathly ill. She is just asking to be low balled. Anytime you are selling something, especially something as high dollar as a GT, you should not bring in emotions, etc. It usually backfires......
At any rate, I hope the guy recovers and gets to keep his beloved GT. :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Stewart, apology is accepted. Maybe you want to set up a poll....:lol:banana:lol

I could see Mrs. Bony selling off my stuff as I lay there in the ICU...
Thank goodness she hasn't found Ebay yet:willy:eek:willy

Stewart W

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 12, 2007
Florida
One poll is more than enough..thank you very much!:wink

Omega_man

GT Owner 2005 #248
Mar 19, 2007
S. Florida
I did a search on the VIN & got this http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/ford-gt-cars256586246
which gave me this ph# 214-850-2144 and a name Glen Smith in Rockwall Tx, I googled the ph# and got Glen & Peg Smith at http://vintageindycars.com/
Could this be a hoax?? Anyone know any of the names or ph#s listed?