Loving wife selling GT

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Through advertising on ebay. Not completed auctions . Anyone will tell you that most of your buyers will call up and make a deal. They dont wanna fool with bidding, etc on a purchase such as an exotic car.

Not to mention the final value fee savings

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
" Hello, SW...of course I remember you. Thanks for writing. Here's the deal. I am not a girl for dickering. $165,000 Buy it Now is my bottom price. My husband paid $225,000 for this car. He made me sell my precious Red NSX for this car of his for which I have YET to forgive him. So, if my calculator serves me right, that tells me that it has cost us $60,000 to drive 1801 miles so that is $33.31 per mile for that precious piece of red tin covered up in that heated garage that is rarely driven and for which since it was purchased I have never received a piece of jewelry since....Now for my sweet little husband...he was just sent to Intensive Care with cardiac arrest early this morning, his heart is failing, and a ventilator was placed in him. We are praying. But, I must have $165,000 Firm. Sorry. "

That is one very cold and calculating woman ... whew!!!

usmcfred

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
There is much to be said FOR signing "Power of Attny" papers ...and a then again...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
wife

This Thread Reminds Me Of When My Wife Stated ; " Gee Honey You Spend Alot Of Time In The Garage Working On Those Cars "
My Response Was , I Only Want Them To Be Perfect ,so When I Die You'll Get The Most $$$$ For Them.
I Don't Want Your Second Husband To Have To Get A Job !!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Mark at Genaddi Design Group has just personally volunteered to install the engine and tranny. He said they should have their car back, completed, "in a few days".

:wink

Just enough to get under the radar Kinky. :lol

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
So, how is the critically ill patient.

PIC.jpg

Does anyone know him?:confused

--

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
It would be nice to find out who he is and how he's doing.

We assume he's going to have had the same passion and affection for the GT as we all did - sad to think that he's in hospital, worse to think what awaits him at home. :frown

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Overall the whole situation is rather sad. :frown

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion

We assume he's going to have had the same passion and affection for the GT as we all did - sad to think that he's in hospital, worse to think what awaits him at home. :frown

I agree and well said.

I suppose it would be unwelcome to call to inquire about his health.
I know all of us here wish him well.

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Get Well Wishes

If someone can find out who this guys is and where he is hospitalized, I would vote for showering the guy with flowers, balloons and cards signed by the fellow caring members of the FordGTForum. If someone in his neck of the woods is willing to put that effort in, I would be more than happy to contribute some $$$. Any one else????

If this story is real, and we can verify it, I'd like this guy (and his miserable selfish wife) to know that there are some GT owners out there that care for his speedy recovery:thumbsup far more than his Winch of a Wife does:thumbsdow

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
While you guys are in the hospital, I will be out with the wifey, got a nice booth at Tony's in Houston... in the cornor in the dark.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I think the suggestion of sending the guy a get well card from other GT owners is very nice. However, have we really bought into the fact he is in the hospital? It just doesn't add up IMHO.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
REMINDS ME OF THE JOKE;

DO YOU KNOW WHY MEN DIE BEFORE THERE WIFES?

they want to!!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I think the suggestion of sending the guy a get well card from other GT owners is very nice. However, have we really bought into the fact he is in the hospital? It just doesn't add up IMHO.

Before anybody gets overly excited, it might - shoot! It would be - a good idea to do an up close and personal recon of the whole circumstance (on site as it were) first rather than just going at it with 'Dan Rather' abandon. This whole thing could very well just be a "put on" for all any of us really know for sure.

'Just a suggestion...:shrug

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
It seems that Mr. Glen Smith, (husband of said "loving wife"), is on the Planning and Zoning Commission of the city of Rockwall, Tx.

Maybe one of these guys could enlighten us to the events of Mr. Smith and inform us how to send our best to him in the hospital. If the wifes story is truthful of course.

http://www.rockwall.com/planningzoning/

streetking

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2008
I have been going back and forth with her. She sent me a e-mail saying if I could come up with a couple more thousand, she would love sell it to me, then no responce. At this point, it's like this whole deal has bad karma.. I had a deal on one, sent money and the car had some very minor damage done to it by one of the porters, so I passed. I have been searching too hard, I'm going to chill out and something will come my way...

SW

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas

Omega man posted much of the man's personal info in post # 20 on this thread. I think somewhere else the name of the hospital was given as well, but I don't have time to search right now.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Does anyone else feel a bit creepy that we're sifting through some of the guy's personal info and even menitoning contacting him? If I am in the hospital and I get a communication from someone I don't know (especially from the internet), I would be concerned and not in a good way.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I would hope this is all sophmoric humor. At least this is how I am taking it.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I would hope this is all sophmoric humor. At least this is how I am taking it.

LOL! I am sorry then, I thought it was serious...