Honolulu, HI
If it were me, I would buy both.

Yeah, but there aren't many yous.

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Glad I found this post. After seeing the Murci up close, the fit and finish look to be more upscale than the GT but for double the price, it ought to be. I have not driven one but would really like to drive it back to back with the GT for comparison. I have heard a lot of good things about the Murci as far as performance. How does the 6-speed manual compare to ours? Also, I don't necessarily agree with the statement : "GT's are for enthusiasts and Lambo's are not". I'm sure the Murci is still a very capable performer in all aspects.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I have had fewer issues with my GT than I had with my Murcielago.

The interior is, as suggested here, better in the Lamborghini - better leather, finer stitching etc, it feels and looks more luxurious. The engine bay of the GT looks, I think, of a much higher quality than the Lamborghini.

The Lambo is 2,400lbs in weight, the Ford 3,468..... Someone might correct me if I'm wrong, but the Lambo is incredibly light and has more bhp. So it feels 'snappy' fast - the GT feels like Warp Factor 7 has been selected by Mr Sulu - it's effortless and linear.

I'd have the GT's gearbox every day - in my humble opinion, it's the best in the business. The Lambo is great, but it's that typical mechanical slotting action - like fondling terminator instead of an angel....

As to enthusiasts Vs non-enthusiasts. I felt a total cock driving my yellow Murcielago :lol small boys would smirk, point and shout 'twat'. In the GT folk fumble to record the moment on their phones whilst giving the car a thumbs up.

Not sure what this says other than we have some very rude small boys in our neighbourhood. :lol

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
The Lambo is 2,400lbs in weight, the Ford 3,468..... Someone might correct me if I'm wrong, but the Lambo is incredibly light and has more bhp.

Actual weight is 3637 pounds on the Murci, 3671 for the LP640.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The Lambo is 2,400lbs in weight, the Ford 3,468..... Someone might correct me if I'm wrong, but the Lambo is incredibly light and has more bhp.

Neil, a Murcielago has a claimed weight of 3637, but Lambos are frequently found to weigh significantly more than their claimed weights. I would not be surprised if it is 3700+ given that Heffner weighed a "3153" lb Gallardo at nearly 3600 lbs. Of course, Euro models can be lighter because they can be fitted with lighter seats that don't meet U.S crash reqs.

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
The Lambo is more like 3600lbs. I can't imagine the Murci would get any negative comments from young boys, or anyone for that matter. I guess you DO have some rude young ones in your neighborhood. How about the E-gear?

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
I
The Lambo is 2,400lbs in weight, the Ford 3,468..... Someone might correct me if I'm wrong, but the Lambo is incredibly light and has more bhp. So it feels 'snappy' fast - the GT feels like Warp Factor 7 has been selected by Mr Sulu - it's effortless and linear.

Sorry mate but not a chance the Murci is 2,400lbs. The first Murcielago was 1650kg (3,638lbs) and the LP640 is 1665kg (3,670lbs).

2,400lbs is like 1,050kg. The only cars in this weight region are the Noble, Elise and Ultima....

Even the Porsche GT3 RS is close to 3,400lbs...

quick time

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2006
I have both the LP640 Roadster and a Ford GT. I also have a Countach, Diablo SV, Sl600. All these answers are very personal and subjective. What is important is how you the buyer feels. Drive the LP640 if you already own a GT and then you be the judge. I am fortunate enought to have both. The LP640 is very different with its AWD system and exotic looks. The V12 engine with 640HP (really 633) is what makes the car. It is a piece of Italian Art. You really have to experiance it to understand the car and a short demo ride around the corner from the Dealer will not do it. The car really comes into its own at around 100. Just starts to feel like the beast it is. The GT on the other hand is terrific. Does everything well and is half the money even at todays prices. They are apples and oranges though.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Neil, a Murcielago has a claimed weight of 3637, but Lambos are frequently found to weigh significantly more than their claimed weights. I would not be surprised if it is 3700+ given that Heffner weighed a "3153" lb Gallardo at nearly 3600 lbs. Of course, Euro models can be lighter because they can be fitted with lighter seats that don't meet U.S crash reqs.

Dave is absolutely right. I have weighed a couple of my own Lambos, and they were more that 200 pounds heavier in the stock form that what they were listed at. My speedos have been way off too. One read 12% high, and you're afraid to change it even under warranty as they have to put that sticker on the car, and the value drops. Murci's feel light because the steering and clutch are very very light.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I had one of the 6.0 U.S. showcars, Blue Ely with a carbon fiber wing, Tubi exhaust with test pipes, backup camera, lowered, and on and on... One of the most beautiful cars I have ever owned. I loved looking at it, but driving it was a pain. Difficult to drive with a "constrained" feel to it when driving it. It didn't have a "real" driving experience, almost like a slot car. I drove the Murci many times, but never could bring myself to buy one. I liked the easier clutch and steering, but the drive by wire system just didn't ever feel right to me. The G car is the best they have made as far as a real drivers car, still no where near the feel of a Ford GT, and the looks are nice buit nothing great in my opinion.

that blue ely color is so hot :eek that is one seriously good looking car :thumbsup

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

the only Gallardo that has a claimed weight of 3153 lbs is a SuperLegerra. is this the car he weighed? all the rest of the Gallardos have claimed weights that are substantially higher.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
When I said someone might correct me - I didn't mean EVERYONE! :lol:lol

I got my facts wrong - I quickly checked the weight on this site:

http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/road/cars/Lamborghini_Murcielago_R-GT.html

But didn't spot it was the weight of the R GT version....

If I was Japanese I'd know what to do with myself right now.

The shame.

:biggrin

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

I got my facts wrong -

The shame.

Neil,

No need to go to that extreme :frown, your Honor is still in tact as far as I am concerned. :thumbsup

Sianara

:cheers

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California

I got my facts wrong - I quickly checked the weight on this site:

http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/road/cars/Lamborghini_Murcielago_R-GT.html

But didn't spot it was the weight of the R GT version....

The shame.

Good thing neither one of us is Japanese… I’ve made enough mistakes to have been reincarnated many times in the past 49 years.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
the only Gallardo that has a claimed weight of 3153 lbs is a SuperLegerra. is this the car he weighed? all the rest of the
Gallardos have claimed weights that are substantially higher.

Actually the listed weight of the Superleggera is 2997, which lambo says is a 154 pound reduction from the standard car. The euro seats make a difference, but not a several hundred pound difference.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Good thing neither one of us is Japanese… I’ve made enough mistakes to have been reincarnated many times in the past 49 years.

Sorry to hear that about the both of you.... Hmmmm lots of mistakes...... :frown
My only mistake was building and living in this $%&# glass house here in Orange County, I'm never gonna get this thing sold!

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Sorry to hear that about the both of you.... Hmmmm lots of mistakes...... :frown
My only mistake was building and living in this $%&# glass house here in Orange County, I'm never gonna get this thing sold!

Hey Steve, I still have that polished gas lid here. I live in Laguna Niguel, just let me know when you want to pick it up some Sunday. David

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Hey Steve, I still have that polished gas lid here. I live in Laguna Niguel, just let me know when you want to pick it up some Sunday. David

Thanks, Pm me your number again.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

'Same dead R/E mkt up here, Steve. You're not alone. We took our lake front place off the mkt. 'Just a TOTAL waste of time listing it up here right now.

Now...Don't you be throwin' any rocks, ya hear? ("glass house"? ... "Rocks"? Sorry.:bored )