lambo murci or ford gt

blkdiablo33

Nov 27, 2006
los angeles
i know this is a ford gt forum but if you were going to pick a lambo murci or a ford gt what would you guys go for and why?im more leaning on the ford gt .
thanks

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Both are fantastic cars... but this is the GT Forum so you know the answer. :biggrin

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Hmmmmmm, let see.............. which is it.............

How about the GT - beautiful lines, fairly rare, fast, fun to drive, and American made.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
STOP, The murci will end up like the countach of the 80's very dated. GT FOREVER BABY.40 YEARS AND STILL DOESNT AGE!:thumbsupGTJOEY 1314

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
GT....

If you turbo it...

stock vs stock it would be a toss up... do you want italian exotic, or american supercar...

I drove a LP640 and got in my GT thinking to myself there is NO WAY I would trade.

just my 0.02$

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
STOP, The murci will end up like the countach of the 80's very dated. GT FOREVER BABY.40 YEARS AND STILL DOESNT AGE!:thumbsupGTJOEY 1314

WHAT?! The countach is an ICON!. I've owned a murci and would pass, but don't count out the lambo all together, get the FGT and what I think is the best lamborghini ever built, the 6.0.

Attachments

• P1010290 (Small).JPG
    P1010290 (Small).JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 573

blkdiablo33

Nov 27, 2006
los angeles
i love american muscle im on my 4th viper,i currently own a 06 viper and a diablo vt.the 03 murcis are in the same price range as a ford gt.i agree with you all about the ford gt is more rare and holds value.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
i know this is a ford gt forum but if you were going to pick a lambo murci or a ford gt what would you guys go for and why?im more leaning on the ford gt .
thanks

You're leaning in the right direction for a lot of reasons ...FGT has MANY more power "mods" available if that's your "bag"... the FGT looks better (subjective, none the less TRUE)... the GT has shown it holds it's value (speaking of which - it costs HALF what the Mercy does in the 1st place - and is JUST as fast) ... the GT costs no where NEAR as much to maintain ... the GT will NEVER be "last years model" ... there will never be more than 4,038 of them in the world (in fact, THAT number, sadly, is dropping as time goes by) ... 'want me to go on? :shrug

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
My dream of owning a 6.0 was destroyed when I sat in it...

I am TOO FREAKING TALL...

couldn't get my foot on the clutch at all....

I was sad.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I've been told the Ford is easier to drive and more comfortable than the Lambo, while still being very fast..

My GT is as easy to drive as a Focus.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The GT will be a lot more fun from behind the wheel, and is 45 minutes at the shop away from having significantly more grunt. The Murcielago is an italian exotic that you can get in skittle colors. They each get equally followed around in traffic, but the Murcielago is better to pull up in at the bar. Personally, I would get a Gallardo if you decide you'd rather have a Lambo. The Murci has not aged well in my eyes, and I was infatuated with it when it came out. The G is tons of to drive and has the Italian pedigree/soundrtrack.

I take Heffner's advice on this stuff pretty serious, and he would have had way more to gain by telling Peak to buy an LP640 to TT. After they both drove it and we had been at the dealer for over an hour, Heff told him to buy the G, which he did. That says a lot to me.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
You're leaning in the right direction for a lot of reasons ...FGT has MANY more power "mods" available if that's your "bag"... the FGT looks better (subjective, none the less TRUE)... the GT has shown it holds it's value (speaking of which - it costs HALF what the Mercy does in the 1st place - and is JUST as fast) ... the GT costs no where NEAR as much to maintain ... the GT will NEVER be "last years model" ... there will never be more than 4,038 of them in the world (in fact, THAT number, sadly, is dropping as time goes by) ... 'want me to go on? :shrug

+1 and perfectly stated.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
A few of us here have had Murcielagos, me included. The Lamborghini is a beautiful car - no question - but as someone said recently, 'getting behind the wheel of a Ford GT is like opening the Holy Grail to find Cameron Diaz in there, naked and bored'. :biggrin

I never extracted every ounce of performance from my Lamborghini, nor have I done so with the Ford, I'm not that good a driver and the public roads are not the place to try either. However 550 bhp nestled in the probably the most iconic design the world has ever seen, is a charismatic and contageous combination.

It could be argued that in broad terms the cost is the same (they are/were in Europe pretty much the same at $300k) and the performance, given the inability to constantly wrest the best 0-60 times and the 200mph top speeds, is roughly the same.

So the GT wins hands down.

When I see a GT I think 'the driver is an enthusiast' when I see the Murcielago, I don't think that.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
i love american muscle im on my 4th viper,i currently own a 06 viper and a diablo vt.the 03 murcis are in the same price range as a ford gt.i agree with you all about the ford gt is more rare and holds value.

If you drive a GT that is all it will take.
Within two minutes you feel comfortable driving it. Unlike other super cars which are tempermental and to me that is important as most often when you drive them it is short trips to have fun. Plus the GT will blow anything like it in the weeds. Do some searches on this Forum but you will find with only a few dollars for a pulley and a few minutes to load up a sedate pump gas tune you will be making 650RWHP and a TQ curve that starts when you take off until you say I have had enough!

Plus all the other stuff in this post.

The black and silver stripe ones are the quickest and the yellow one with black wheels is a rock star see the new Car & Driver on the stands today.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
A few of us here have had Murcielagos, me included. The Lamborghini is a beautiful car - no question - but as someone said recently, 'getting behind the wheel of a Ford GT is like opening the Holy Grail to find Cameron Diaz in there, naked and bored'. :biggrin

I never extracted every ounce of performance from my Lamborghini, nor have I done so with the Ford, I'm not that good a driver and the public roads are not the place to try either. However 550 bhp nestled in the probably the most iconic design the world has ever seen, is a charismatic and contageous combination.

It could be argued that in broad terms the cost is the same (they are/were in Europe pretty much the same at $300k) and the performance, given the inability to constantly wrest the best 0-60 times and the 200mph top speeds, is roughly the same.

So the GT wins hands down.

When I see a GT I think 'the driver is an enthusiast' when I see the Murcielago, I don't think that.

My thoughts exactly.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Other than the "look at me I'm a pony" factor, I can't imagine any enthusiast buying a Lambo over the GT.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I have never had ANY of my lamborghinis draw more attention than the FGT.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Peel back the (subjectively) beautiful skin of the Murci and you will find a very outdated mig-welded steel frame. Ugly. I agree with DBK and Jason, the G is different and in many ways better if you just have to have an L-car.

The Ford GT is truthfully a better car than the Murci..... a driver's car, not a "see me driving" car.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

Couldn't of said it better.:thumbsup

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
WHAT?! The countach is an ICON!. I've owned a murci and would pass, but don't count out the lambo all together, get the FGT and what I think is the best lamborghini ever built, the 6.0.

I had one of the 6.0 U.S. showcars, Blue Ely with a carbon fiber wing, Tubi exhaust with test pipes, backup camera, lowered, and on and on... One of the most beautiful cars I have ever owned. I loved looking at it, but driving it was a pain. Difficult to drive with a "constrained" feel to it when driving it. It didn't have a "real" driving experience, almost like a slot car. I drove the Murci many times, but never could bring myself to buy one. I liked the easier clutch and steering, but the drive by wire system just didn't ever feel right to me. The G car is the best they have made as far as a real drivers car, still no where near the feel of a Ford GT, and the looks are nice buit nothing great in my opinion.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 260
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 261
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 258
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg