lambo murci or ford gt

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
My dream of owning a 6.0 was destroyed when I sat in it...

I am TOO FREAKING TALL...

couldn't get my foot on the clutch at all....

I was sad.

I think you recovered from your overt sadness damn well. :lol:lol:lol

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Lamborghini has made one REAL MAN'S car in the last decade and it was the Diablo GT. If you can get the Show & Display arrangements made, and you can find a mechanic that can replace the black box with better engine management so it doesn't foul plugs while sitting at a stoplight, then you've got something. Stunning car, real wheel drive without all that contrained 4 wheel drive crap holding you back. If you can get it to run right, it's a monster, but that's been a big "if" over the years. I drove one once that was running perfectly, and that was something. The GTR version is a step further.

Attachments

• diagt19.jpg
    diagt19.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 271
  • diagt31.jpg
    diagt31.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 270
  • diagt33.jpg
    diagt33.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 267
  • htn035.jpg
    htn035.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 266

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Lamborghini has made one REAL MAN'S car in the last decade and it was the Diablo GT. If you can get the Show & Display arrangements made, and you can find a mechanic that can replace the black box with better engine management so it doesn't foul plugs while sitting at a stoplight, then you've got something. Stunning car, real wheel drive without all that contrained 4 wheel drive crap holding you back. If you can get it to run right, it's a monster, but that's been a big "if" over the years. I drove one once that was running perfectly, and that was something. The GTR version is a step further.

Is that one of Al Bertoni's exhausts peeking out 'the back?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
You can really see the evolution to the Murcielago in those shots... very beautiful. As always the vivid colours are extraordinary.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Is that one of Al Bertoni's exhausts peeking out 'the back?

Nah, that's a stock exhaust on the Diablo GT. Tubi on on the 6.0. I was never a fan of his exhausts, he had 4 pipes out the center back along with some other "too much" configurations in my opinion.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
You can really see the evolution to the Murcielago in those shots... very beautiful. As always the vivid colours are extraordinary.

The Diablo GT was the last car built and designed by Lamborghini before they were bought out. Many purists feel it was THE LAST LAMBO period, and the pinnacle of the company. A Diablo GT in person is a stunning car to look at. Much like the Ford GT has been to Ford, the Diablo GT was the heart and soul of the company. They put everything that had into it as a last hurrah.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Nah, that's a stock exhaust on the Diablo GT. Tubi on on the 6.0. I was never a fan of his exhausts, he had 4 pipes out the center back along with some other "too much" configurations in my opinion.

YUP! 'Forgot about the "4 pipe" bizznuss. 'Been a while!:lol

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Nice pics Gulf

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Ford GT hands down.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
One day I hope I will be able to buy one of these.... with the Ford GT and the 74 911 RSR my "ultimate" car...

Attachments

• Lamborghini_Miura-L.jpg
    Lamborghini_Miura-L.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 232

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
A few of us here have had Murcielagos, me included. The Lamborghini is a beautiful car - no question - but as someone said recently, 'getting behind the wheel of a Ford GT is like opening the Holy Grail to find Cameron Diaz in there, naked and bored'. :biggrin

Spoken like the poet you are Neil!

Just throw in Jessica Alba and Paris Hilton to complete the treat!:cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
If you can only have on get a FGT
If you can have a FGT and a Lambo get the G-SL

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I had one of the 6.0 U.S. showcars, Blue Ely with a carbon fiber wing, Tubi exhaust with test pipes, backup camera, lowered, and on and on...

I know the guy that bought that car!

Apr 24, 2006
Like others here, I have had the privilege of owning both. If you like them equally from a visual perspective, go and drive them both. It will not be a hard decision.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
One day I hope I will be able to buy one of these.... with the Ford GT and the 74 911 RSR my "ultimate" car...

Beautiful car, as it should be since the designer was inspired by the first generation Ford GT. The Miura is the only Lambo that has ever done anything for me.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Beautiful car, as it should be since the designer was inspired by the first generation Ford GT. The Miura is the only Lambo that has ever done anything for me.

I agree that the Muira Matteo posted would be one to have. Despite trying not to have cars that might eclipse each other in the garage, I'd have to break that rule. It's simply stunning and, as you say Sinovac, it has very similar DNA.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I agree that the Muira Matteo posted would be one to have. Despite trying not to have cars that might eclipse each other in the garage, I'd have to break that rule. It's simply stunning and, as you say Sinovac, it has very similar DNA.

The Miura is thought of as the "original" first supercar, and has been voted by several major magazines as the the most beautiful car ever made. If you read Coltrin & Marchet's book on the Miura, Gandini designed the Miura after the Ford GT40. Basically, the GT40 was the main inspiration for the entire car with the mid-engine layout as well, etc. So, it's an Italian Ford GT40! However, just remember what Miura stands for:
M = motor
I = is
U = under
R = repair
A = again

They make a good car for a good mechanic, ever after a frame off restoration they need a lot of tinkering.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Adam, I thought that ride I gave you in mine had your mind made up. :biggrin

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The Miura, like the Ford GT, is a great, evocative design because, unlike Bony's mistresses, they age well. While I don't think it is the best looking car ever (some early Ferraris and pre War classics come to mind), it certainly is a fantastic looking car that has stood the test of time. However, I have never had the displeasure of trying to maintain one.

While it may be the first production "supercar" conceived, remember that the FGT was the sperm donor.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
The Murci looks to me like something out of a 1970's movie trying to predict what cars would look like in the future... Get it? I'm sure it handles great,performs well but aesthetically... OUCH!!! too much... you know when they say "Less is MORE" ? that didn't happen with the MURCI.... GET the ford dude!!!