Is there a Florida GT owner that can help my girlfriend's Christmas wish come true?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great Gary, you know that's a perfect reason to own a Ford GT. We own them so others who would never have an opportunity to own one CAN ALSO ENJOY THEM! Thank You For Sharing This Experience.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Great Gary, you know that's a perfect reason to own a Ford GT. We own them so others who would never have an opportunity to own one CAN ALSO ENJOY THEM! Thank You For Sharing This Experience.

Amen Tomy. Share the love.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Amen Tomy. Share the love.

Agreed. I think every GT owner is a GT Evangelist!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Good for you Gary to help these two out. Thanks for the pics!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Well played Gary. It's always good to make some very happy. I approve. Her smile says it all.

Next time let her drive it.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Nice story, good job as GT ambassador, Gary!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Gary
very nice gesture you did our name proud

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
What a great thing to see a young woman so excited about our cars.
And, what a great thing to have a member grant her wish.
Win-win for all!
My Best,
Mark

Mandy

Apr 16, 2013
Tampa, FL
Did some video editing (as an aside, Sony Vegas is very painful to work with), and have a little clip here. The URL is private, so it's only visible from here. There may be some error in the video where Gary is saying speeds that seem to sound like they start with "one-hundred" or "hundred", that's just wind noise.

[video=youtube_share;w26fE7U4eyc]http://youtu.be/w26fE7U4eyc[/video]

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Did some video editing (as an aside, Sony Vegas is very painful to work with), and have a little clip here. The URL is private, so it's only visible from here. There may be some error in the video where Gary is saying speeds that seem to sound like they start with "one-hundred" or "hundred", that's just wind noise.

[video=youtube_share;w26fE7U4eyc]http://youtu.be/w26fE7U4eyc[/video]

Doesn't work. "This video is private"

Mandy

Apr 16, 2013
Tampa, FL
Doesn't work. "This video is private"

Let me know if it's working now.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Nice vid. Thanks for putting that together.
1) Gary, man you have a lot of headroom:)
2) I think you meant to say 130 and 160 KILOMETERS per hour. Laws are never broken whilst driving the GT.
3) Mandy, the footage of you 'following' Gary gave me a good chuckle.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Just came across this very nice thread, what a great young couple.....fantastic Gary! Bravo!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Alrighty. Yeah, this was my best Christmas in many years too. Meeting this young couple was simply wonderful. We don't "do" Christmas anymore, but Mandy and Maggie did it for us. Amy and I are big winners for that. Besides the opportunity to drive a beautiful young woman around in a GT (anybody get a better Christmas present than me?), and to hang out with the young man who had the cojones to set this all up...it was t-shirts and shorts and windows down on Christmas Day! Yeah, baby!

My big accomplishment for 2013 is not having worn long pants since June 13, the day we moved to Florida! :biggrin