Is there a Florida GT owner that can help my girlfriend's Christmas wish come true?

Mandy

Apr 16, 2013
Tampa, FL
Well, I know this is an absolute long shot, but my girlfriend (21) is a huge car enthusiast, and among her most favorite car of all time is the Ford GT. Often when she's asked about her favorite car people reply "you mean the Mustang?" and she had to go into elaboration about the GT.

A couple of years ago, we went to the Festival of Speed in Tampa, in hopes of finding one for her to simply look at, but we were met with disappointment. Ironically on our way driving out from the show we saw a black on headed towards, but only caught it for a few seconds.

Fast forward to a couple of months ago, my buddy sold his Mustang, and I took him to find a new car at Brandon Ford, and lo and behold they had a red Ford GT on the floor (not for sale). She was rather jealous even though all I did was look at it, so I promised I would take her to see it some time.

Here is where the plot thickens. Aside from the black GT we glimpsed at I recall seeing a yellow GT with black stripes on Dale Mabry on a couple of occasions, and I wondered if the owner frequented the website.

I was hoping that there might be a GT owner in the Tampa area that would be willing to show their GT to my girlfriend. If you would be willing to take her for a ride that would be grand too. She daily drives a stick, but I honestly don't expect anyone to let her drive one. I would be willing to compensate the owner somehow.

Like I said, I know it's a long shot, but I truly don't think anything could put a bigger smile on her face then the opportunity to be around a GT this holiday season.

If you have any questions about her or me, feel free to ask. I completely understand if this post isn't acceptable and needs to be removed, but I'm hoping for the best.

Happy holidays,
Mandy (yes, a guy)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
There should be at least one GT at Dupont Cars and Coffee in St. Petersburg tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/CarsAndCoffee

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
There should be at least one GT at Dupont Cars and Coffee in St. Petersburg tomorrow.

Would that one GT be yours? What time? Same area? IDK if I can make it, but maybe.

Mandy, If you're ever in the Sarasota area, I'll take you both for a ride. Separately, of course. And, mine is red, the fastest color. :)

Mandy

Apr 16, 2013
Tampa, FL

https://www.facebook.com/CarsAndCoffee

I will definitely be attending in that case. Thanks for the tip.

Would that one GT be yours? What time? Same area? IDK if I can make it, but maybe.

Mandy, If you're ever in the Sarasota area, I'll take you both for a ride. Separately, of course. And, mine is red, the fastest color. :)

I would be most honored to take you up on that offer. It would make her beyond ecstatic. Would it be alright if I pm'd you to try and set up a date that works for you?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Would that one GT be yours? What time? Same area? IDK if I can make it, but maybe

Yes-get there early. The place fills up very fast.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Would it be alright if I pm'd you to try and set up a date that works for you?

Sure. Google map the intersection of 289th St E and Singletary Rd for my neighborhood, so you can see how far into the boonies I am. The good news is lots of empty roads.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
And, if I can wake up, I'll be at DuPont.

Mandy

Apr 16, 2013
Tampa, FL
Sure. Google map the intersection of 289th St E and Singletary Rd for my neighborhood, so you can see how far into the boonies I am. The good news is lots of empty roads.

Just looked it up. I'm near MacDill AFB, it's a little over an hour drive.

We're going to be getting up early for DuPont. I'd definitely like to meet you there if possible. If not, maybe we can rendezvous afterwards. My car is tragically dirty at the moment, but I have a red FR-S.

Edit: Don't think I can PM you due to my "spectator" status. Either that or I've become technologically ignorant over the past 4 minutes. I can always be contacted at (813) 403-8564 via call or text.

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I'll just gonna come out and say what every guy reading this thread is thinking. We're gonna need some pics of said 21 year old:lol

Good luck on your quest.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Just looked it up. I'm near MacDill AFB, it's a little over an hour drive.

We're going to be getting up early for DuPont. I'd definitely like to meet you there if possible. If not, maybe we can rendezvous afterwards. My car is tragically dirty at the moment, but I have a red FR-S.

Edit: Don't think I can PM you due to my "spectator" status. Either that or I've become technologically ignorant over the past 4 minutes. I can always be contacted at (813) 403-8564 via call or text.

Alrighty then. The problem is, I don't know of any open roads that side of the Skyway. But...I'm open to suggestions.

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
I'll just gonna come out and say what every guy reading this thread is thinking. We're gonna need some pics of said 21 year old

bonehead

how did you know what i was thinking

Mandy

Apr 16, 2013
Tampa, FL
I'll just gonna come out and say what every guy reading this thread is thinking. We're gonna need some pics of said 21 year old:lol

Good luck on your quest.

I'll oblige, but remember, I didn't post anything here.

1474434_10152130282033383_798999572_n.jpg

That's her and me at my birthday party that she hosted for me at Tampa Bay Grand Prix. Forgive the helmet hair.

Alrighty then. The problem is, I don't know of any open roads that side of the Skyway. But...I'm open to suggestions.

Personally I don't know of any either. I'd be more than willing to make a drive back up to somewhere you're more familiar with though.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I'm an old man, so no worries. I get off on anyone who gets off on a GT. It's a thrill everytime I get in it, and sharing the thrill is what it's all about.

BTW, that's a great pic. Why is she hiding your award medal?

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm an old man, so no worries.

You're only as young as you feel :)

Mandy

Apr 16, 2013
Tampa, FL
I'm an old man, so no worries. I get off on anyone who gets off on a GT. It's a thrill everytime I get in it, and sharing the thrill is what it's all about.

BTW, that's a great pic. Why is she hiding your award medal?

Maybe it's because I only got 2nd. Here was the podium:

8QjUX7rl.jpg

I swear I got second, my friends just happen to be tall.

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
....We're gonna need some pics of said 21 year old:lol

Dirty old man! :lol

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Hey Gary, did you guys ever meet up at C&C this morning with the OP?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Hey Gary, did you guys ever meet up at C&C this morning with the OP?

Yes! And they are delightful! I think 21 year old Maggie must be reincarnated. She channels GT40s like she lived through the 1960s. :) We're going to arrange for them to come down to the boondocks and do some back roads driving. I don't think they would turn down any other offers. :)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Dirty old man! :lol

If bonehead is an old man, what does that make us?

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Yes! And they are delightful! I think 21 year old Maggie must be reincarnated. She channels GT40s like she lived through the 1960s. :) We're going to arrange for them to come down to the boondocks and do some back roads driving. I don't think they would turn down any other offers. :)

I could show them how well the brakes work as we reach crazy speeds in excess of 30 MPH in our lovely Pinellas county traffic. Driving around here blows.