Is there a Florida GT owner that can help my girlfriend's Christmas wish come true?

Mandy

Apr 16, 2013
Tampa, FL
Yes! And they are delightful! I think 21 year old Maggie must be reincarnated. She channels GT40s like she lived through the 1960s. :) We're going to arrange for them to come down to the boondocks and do some back roads driving. I don't think they would turn down any other offers. :)

I just wanted to thank Xcentric so much. When we were initially walking around and I saw three GTs lined up I pointed them out to her, and she insisted we walk around and see the other cars first so that she could take it all in. Xcentric spotted me in the crowd somehow and introduced himself, while we were walking around.

I hadn't told Maggie anything prior to going there other than I knew there would be at least one GT, so she wasn't sure how or why I knew him. So we strolled around, made it back to the GT's and she started tearing up, so we walked around for a little more, and I saw Gary by his car, so I suggested we walked back over.

Gary was so kind to explain more about the GT's heritage and design, all while Maggie couldn't keep herself from bawling, it was very emotional for her, and I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen her so happy that she was brought to tears.

I showed Gary my FR-S, and we went back to the GT to swap information so that Maggie could have the privilege of riding shotgun.

I can not thank Gary enough for his time and kindness, and Sinovac for the heads up about Cars & Coffee. I'm going to try and make my way over to the next C&C now that I know about it.

Maggie is, to say the least, ecstatic about having the opportunity to ride in a GT, and I'm absolutely humbled by the kindness of the FGT community. I'll be in touch with you again soon Gary, and if you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to contact me.

I could show them how well the brakes work as we reach crazy speeds in excess of 30 MPH in our lovely Pinellas county traffic. Driving around here blows.

In all honesty, I'm sure she would be excited if the voyage was from the driveway to the garage. Enthusiastic is an understatement when it comes to her and the GT.

Last edited:

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
just awesome. what a great community

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Gary, Paul - Great job!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
If bonehead is an old man, what does that make us?

So....many.....possible....jokes....must.....resist.......

Gary, Paul - Great job!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup

:thumbsup Good job, Gary.

Maggie

Dec 21, 2013
This whole surprise has put me at a loss for words. As Mandy said, I pretty much cried through everything. I would have never thought that I would get the opportunity such as this until I was much older and getting ready to buy one myself. Gary, I am so extremely grateful for your time and kindness. I'm sorry I blubbered through your history lesson. This has been by far, the best Christmas ever, and I can hardly contain my excitement. Oh, and Mandy? You could have picked a better picture of me.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Gary is a true gentleman!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Gary is a true gentleman!

He most certainly is.

Mandy and Maggie, Reeves Porsche of Tampa hosts a Cars and Coffee type event the first Saturday of each month. Not quite as large as the DuPont event, but it is a stones throw from some decent roads. Rumor has it a Heritage will be there. It starts about 7 am.

Gary, Rick, Matt et al., I'll send a text to remind you. Let's try to get together for breakfast again.

Mandy

Apr 16, 2013
Tampa, FL
He most certainly is.

Mandy and Maggie, Reeves Porsche of Tampa hosts a Cars and Coffee type event the first Saturday of each month. Not quite as large as the DuPont event, but it is a stones throw from some decent roads. Rumor has it a Heritage will be there. It starts about 7 am.

Gary, Rick, Matt et al., I'll send a text to remind you. Let's try to get together for breakfast again.

I will definitely try and make my way out for that as well. The heritage is her absolute favorite, it decorates her phone and computer background. I started painting an RC car with the livery some time ago.

p7OrS8n.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It sounds like your girlfriend is a keeper.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
New thread.
Is there a girlfriend in Florida that can help my GT wish come true?
LOL

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
New thread.
Is there a girlfriend in Florida that can help my GT wish come true?
LOL

OMG, I never thought of that plot twist :)

Except I think most of those girlfriends might be from Russia.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Nurture the future guys.

You realize, I hope, that many of today's youth don't even care about getting a driver's license?

All of you frozen northerners and westerners are going to be seriously envious of our Christmas Day blast in t-shirts and shorts, windows open, pressed against the seat backs, just wishing we could go on and on and on.

Will we see red line in 4th? Umm...that might be a bit much for public roads.

Mandy...do you have a Go Pro? Not sure a Go Pro could keep up with us, but we need to document the rush.

Mandy

Apr 16, 2013
Tampa, FL
Nurture the future guys.

You realize, I hope, that many of today's youth don't even care about getting a driver's license?

All of you frozen northerners and westerners are going to be seriously envious of our Christmas Day blast in t-shirts and shorts, windows open, pressed against the seat backs, just wishing we could go on and on and on.

Will we see red line in 4th? Umm...that might be a bit much for public roads.

Mandy...do you have a Go Pro? Not sure a Go Pro could keep up with us, but we need to document the rush.

I have a couple, I need to dig the chargers and suction cups out of storage, hopefully I can find them.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Maggie's Christmas Ride

p314285981.jpg

p312104756.jpg

p195427085.jpg

p271284215.jpg

p379532442.jpg

Last edited: