GT Production Numers by Year and Color

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's 1 of 1 OleBlue. There were no other 06 Mid Blue stripeless cars with grey calipers.

Ole Blu

Ole Blu / Ford GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 23, 2008
Covington, LA
Thanks "DBK"!!! Can you provide the production numer of vehicles with the same specs for 2005?????

Thansk again for your prompt response.

OleBlue

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
I talked to GTJoey about his logo'd cap, and he told me to watch what I wish for since you have to remove the right front fender to make the swap! :eek

However since MarkO made his post about removing the fender I'm not nearly as intimidated. Doing that work would only take me and a tech two weeks and a 12 page thread! :lol

Having said that I would definitely like to have the logo'd cap, if anyone is taking orders!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
This is a really great 'thread'...worth printing out and keeping in our GT files.
Jeff - thanks for your time and effort to tabulate all this.
Dave- thanks as always for the fine 'slice and dice' of the data.

Some info on the SONIC BLUE CAR - Chris ordered it special. Ford Management decided it would not be proper for a Ford VP to have a personal benefit/ one of a kind GT on a program he was responsible for. He then had Saleen make a 'regular one' for him. I was working in WHQ at Ford in Dearborn and have photos of the Car in the WHQ lobby.

It was then decided to auction it off at the American Cancer Society 'Cattle Barrons Ball" (along with 2 special Harley Fat Boys etc all donated by Ford Motor Co. Greg Smith (Ford VP) and his wife Anne were the Master of Ceremonies for the event with many dealer and Ford VP's (Jim Padilla was there, bid on a Harley and won it) present. My wife Margaret and I attended since I was Global Purchasing Executive Director at the time. We did not yet have our Midnight Blue Ford GT ordered and so Margaret took both of our Auction 'paddles' and told me she was going to bid on the Sonic Blue GT when it came on the block. I said 'go for it'. She was willing to go up to $170K. But when the bidding OPENED, the first BID was $225,000!! Needless to say she was distraught...but reality set in when the car finally went for about $350,000 if I recall correctly.
Does anyone know where the car currently resides?
AJB

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dealer still has it I think Andy. One of the marketing guys told me it was for sale for $500k.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Sonic Blue GT

Jon Shirley has a Sonic Blue FGT 2005 FGT.

Kept in his Bellevue, Washington garage collection. Another oh my gawd place to see.

Purchased at the B-J auction in Florida (I beleive) in early 2005.

A large donation to the Women's cancer fund. And thus became the owner of the very first privately owned Ford GT.

Any color that he wanted. And he choose Sonic Blue.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Mr. Jeff,
Mr. Shirley did pay the princely sum of $557,000 for the rights to his GT, but it was Midnight Blue, not Sonic. There was only the one Sonic.

Ole Blu

Ole Blu / Ford GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 23, 2008
Covington, LA
That's 1 of 1 OleBlue. There were no other 06 Mid Blue stripeless cars with grey calipers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks "DBK"!!! Can you provide the production numer of vehicles with the same specs for 2005?????

Thansk again for your prompt response.

OleBlue

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
I talked to GTJoey about his logo'd cap, and he told me to watch what I wish for since you have to remove the right front fender to make the swap! :eek

However since MarkO made his post about removing the fender I'm not nearly as intimidated. Doing that work would only take me and a tech two weeks and a 12 page thread! :lol

Having said that I would definitely like to have the logo'd cap, if anyone is taking orders!

I was lucky enough to work on car number 0004 and that was the first thing I noticed was that Ford GT gas cap. It's a nice detail to have on the car. Looks really good.

4RD GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 7, 2006
AZ
Would you know how many 06's mid blu, all options, with grey calipers? i sure would appreciate it! thanks for the info and your time...

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
One of one.

I'm pretty sure that I have the only yellow GT with black stripes that has a huge Chip in it.

Reactions: extrap

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Red is the sharpest and fastest color. Thats all I have to say about that.

I'll admit I'm just a tiny bit biased!

:thumbsup

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I'm pretty sure that I have the only yellow GT with black stripes that has a huge Chip in it.

well I have heard that there is less Chip than there use to be. Didn't you just lose a few pounds? :lol

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
red rules

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Black is Sinister!!!:cool

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Black is Sinister!!!:cool

What he said !

+ 1 :biggrin

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
How about production #'s on this;
- 05 black
- no top stripes
- side stripe delete
- mac raido
- red calipers
It would be nice to know. Thanks.

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
OK -

For those who wanted the numbers instead of the rates, here they are:

Numbers_Medium_.jpg

regards,

Jeff
SAAC New Ford GT Registrar

Thanks a ton for the information. Is there a way to tell about top stripe delete? I did not see that mentioned in the document.

Regards,

Mike

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
:eek These are rough numbers that are somewhat incomplete.

Attachments

• Production Numbers.doc
    51 KB · Views: 669
  • Paint Production Numbers.doc
    41 KB · Views: 765