GT Production Numers by Year and Color

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Does anyone have the exact GT production numbers by year and by color? Would be interesting information to know. I am sure someone at FoMoCo has that information? Should not be classified now that production has finished. :thumbsup

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
GT Production Colors and Options

I finally got some full Model Year numbers from my friends at Ford. Here is a break-down
of the colors and options for each Model Year:

Rates_Medium_.jpg

(thanks to centerpunch for helping me to post the chart)

The report I got does not allow me to ascertain which stripe options go with which cars, or
any other "combinations" of options. Looks like Red with White racing stripes & red calipers
was the hot ticket for '05, and the "Limited Edition" Tungsten and Gulf were pretty hot for '06.

Beautiful cars, all of 'em.

(edited to change '06 Racing Stripes from 94% to 90%)

regards,

Jeff Burgy
SAAC New GT Registrar

Last edited:

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Canadian exports

Centerpunch -

Yes, all of the 277 exports for 2006 MY were slated for Canada (they all got the bumper reinforcements, and "Canadian labels"); so, your analysis about the radios is correct, all Canadian cars got the base radio due to weight requirements (trading bumper reinforcements for subs), otherwise, the car would have jumped a weight class.

Still not clear on the colors of the last ones - I was at Saleen in September, and saw the second batch of Canadian cars (all Red) coming at the end, but, there were some Tungsten cars ahead of them, and some of those were going up north as well, I believe. Somebody told me the last 177 cars were all Red, but I think some of them were Tungsten, but, as yet, I can't tell what the split is.

regards,

Jeff

BELIZE91

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2006
Hartland MI
Been trying to get this answered for awhile, On my 06 windshield was some yellow lables one said J1-0363 and ROT #2430 On the lower rh side sticker there is a date of 12 12 05
The end of my Vin is 0363 Any idea what all that means?

I see some guys saying there care is a certain number, would my car number be the 363 gt in 06?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Wow, Cast aluminum wheels only appear on 7% of cars!!!

Glad I got mine; as its probably impossible to find today; almost every car i see on ebay/autotrader has the forged.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Numbers

Belize -

Yes, your "car number" is # 363 for 2006. The "ROT #2430" is the "Rotation" number (for in-plant use) describing the sequence it was planned to be built in. It was supposed to be the 2430th car built in 2005 (after 2027 "2005 MY" cars. The Rotation numbers and VIN numbers are often close, but usually not the same. A part shortage or any in-plant rework could cause a car to get delayed beyond other units in the schedule.

The 12/12/2005 is your build date.

regards,

Jeff

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Jeff, I registered my car yesterday with SAAC via their website. Hopefully you will recieve that information shortly. I did meet you some years ago at SAAC #2 (I think) in Pasadena. You and your wife Dianne along with Evelyn Blanchette got me started with SAAC & Pantera International at that time. What a great time we had, thankyou for all the help and years of enjoyment with this organization. Regards, Tony :thumbsup

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Hi Tony -

Wow - the SAAC Convention in Pasadena was SAAC III in 1977 - almost 30 years ago! I always enjoy coming out to the Left Coast for car events to enjoy your sunshine.

Received your registry info today - thanks for submitting it. I have over 860 GT's in the SAAC GT Registry now.

Riding in Bony's GT at the GT Rally in Detroit reminded me quite a bit of my old Pantera - LOTS of fun. Hope you get many miles of enjoyment in your new GT!

regards,

Jeff

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
How many people here know the real story behind the "special paint" Sonic Blue car? Hint: It wasn't originally created for a cancer benefit...

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
Is it possible to get a copy of the raw data?

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Well, I'll have to admit, I don't know the story behind the Sonic Blue car, so I'd love to hear it....

Jeff

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Cobrajeff
Thanks for the great post on the production numbers and the percentages of the colors and options. But would it be possible for you to post the actual numbers produced by color and option and year. :thumbsup
FLY GT40

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
The Sonic Blue was actually custom ordered by Chris Theodore. When Bill Ford found out about it, he had the car auctioned off for charity. As we all are aware, Chris was in charge of the Ford GT Program for Ford, having previously been in charge of the Dodge Viper Program for Chrysler. Chris is now in a small special performance vehicle company.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
ENZO BTR said:
How many people here know the real story behind the "special paint" Sonic Blue car? Hint: It wasn't originally created for a cancer benefit...

From what I've heard, one of the members here has the dealership delivery documents on that car :eek

CT built it for himself...

fphilli1

Nov 2, 2006
Brighton Mi
Yes all 277 2006 went to Canada. However we also had a few, less than 30, exports that we else where in 2006. Yes all Canadian units also had base radio's and high series wheels. We shipped the last Canadian unit 6Y4002045 on Friday October 20th at about 5:30pm. The end of the most exciting vehicle I ever had the privilage to work on in my years with Ford.

fphilli1

Nov 2, 2006
Brighton Mi
The top number is the last 4 of the vin number. The bottom number is the job or rotation number off final assembley line. None of those ment the sequence of build.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
2006 Exports

My data says that there were 34 units built in 2006MY that received an "Export Fuel Fill", but there is nothing else in the data to suggest where they went.

In 2005MY, there were 145 units that received an "Export Fuel Fill" (that would have covered the 101 for Europe and 44 more for unspecified destination).

Jeff

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
fphilli1 said:
Yes all 277 2006 went to Canada. However we also had a few, less than 30, exports that we else where in 2006. Yes all Canadian units also had base radio's and high series wheels. We shipped the last Canadian unit 6Y4002045 on Friday October 20th at about 5:30pm. The end of the most exciting vehicle I ever had the privilage to work on in my years with Ford.

thanks for helping make the car a reality.

I have a question for you - we all know the CDN cars had bumper mods, daytime running lights and speedo that show MPH and KPH. However, why do the CDN cars all have a plain fuel filler flap, while photos of early GT's show the lettering "Ford GT" on the filler flap? I wonder if other cars exported had the plain flap; and also did some US cars have the plain flap??

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Do you have a cap that says "Ford GT" on it? No one I've seen around or at the rally (other than the Ford mules) has one engraved like that.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Fuel Filler Caps

Red Rocket -

The fuel filler cap that has "FORD GT" stamped in it did not make production (neither did the "twin fuel fill" as shown on the Concept cars). Story I was told was that the vendor for the caps could not keep up at a production rate with the extra operation of stamping "FORD GT" on the caps, so it was eliminated.

Most of the cars I've seen with the logo'd caps have been Ford prototypes.

Some of our more creative forum members have managed to find a source - pretty sure I saw one on GTJOEY's "signature car" at the Rally.

Jeff