Jeff
SAAC New Ford GT Registrar

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Silver

A two year production total of 4,038 renders silver the rarest color at 156 or 3.86% of the total build. Love that color; rarity is an added bonus.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Hind sight, if I could have I would have ordered a silver, no mac, side stripe delete, no stripes, stock wheels (centerpunch's former car but in silver). But at that time, good luck finding a dealer that would have sold it at a fair price.

I wound up with black no stripes, but the damn mac that I have only turned on twice, in over a year........

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
05 silver + mac delete is my dream build.

I wonder if one left the factory like that...

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Hmmm, when both years are taken into account there are actually fewer blue cars than black. I knew the percentages/numbers were close, but total blue cars lands at 456 and total black cars are 520. That means only silver, yellow and heritage are more rare than blue (heritage by just over 100 total units). Wouldn't have guessed that back when I ordered mine -- not that I'm complaining! :thumbsup

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Cobrajeff :thumbsup
Thankyou for both the numbers and the percentages. Job well done. :cheers
FLY GT40

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
For those folks really interested in a silver car, there's one in Washinton state with 375 miles on it for sale. It does have every option (including Mac :frown ).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...egoryZ116478QQihZ003QQitemZ130044102945QQrdZ1

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The first ford GT I drove was silver. If I get the chance to pick up #2 it would ideally be silver, side stripe only...

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Specracer said:
Hind sight, if I could have I would have ordered a silver, no mac, side stripe delete, no stripes, stock wheels (centerpunch's former car but in silver). But at that time, good luck finding a dealer that would have sold it at a fair price.

I wound up with black no stripes, but the damn mac that I have only turned on twice, in over a year........
Saw one like that at the Ferrari World finals in Monza a week ago. Licenseplate K-GT 50 . Didn't look spectacular.. parked right behind mine, blue with white stripes :biggrin

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I wonder how many all black no stripes or side stripes were built? Seems like the number would be low.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
If you are anal-retentive, you could say that if you own a model year 2006 yellow car, you have the "rarest" car :banana

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Can you make these charts in more printer friendly "Word" or ' Excell form " ?

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Heritage number is 342

The chart shows 343 but I was told the final number on Heritage cars was 342. For whatever that is worth.

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
50 Bmg

There was a 05 Silver GT (No Option) in Texas that I was tying to get, BUT it was already sold!!

AMB

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
In case anyone is interested......Manhattan Ford 54th/11th ave....has a gulf car for sale......apparently it was sold a month ago, but the guy could not get financing (or something like that) they are entertaining 10 over......is that what these gulf GT's still bringing?

H

HHGT

They can be had at below MSRP - I speak from experience.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
That Gulf is from July; I saw it. Has some scuffs in interior; dent in interior door handle. They were offering it at MSRP to me before i went out of state to get my Red.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey Gino, when you go car shopping, do the dealers recognize you and dread seeing you come in cause they think you'e going to destroy their product? Anyhow, we all know RED is THE color.

PEGGED

May 4, 2006
Gt Production Numbers

Does Anyone Out There Own A 05 All Black From The Plant With No Stripes And Decal Delete,i Would Sure Like To Know

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Michael Dell has an 05 stripeless black.