GT 40 Event Marque Road America

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Wish I could get out to this event, same weekend conflicts with Limerock for some, and New Jersey Motorsports Park - Tunderbolt for others. That being said, the great folks that brought the Falken GT-2 Ford GT to Carlisle told me that they may very well have the car prepared and out for the Road America event on that weekend. One more reason to make the event!

Pete S.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Wish I could get out to this event, same weekend conflicts with Limerock for some, and New Jersey Motorsports Park - Tunderbolt for others. That being said, the great folks that brought the Falken GT-2 Ford GT to Carlisle told me that they may very well have the car prepared and out for the Road America event on that weekend. One more reason to make the event!

Pete S.

Pete - if you drove your GT, instead of trailering it, you could do all three in the same weekend.

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Great photos

Pete - WOW!

Those are some really great shots of your car!
Nothing sweeter than a Ford GT in motion!

Nice meeting you at Carlisle last weekend.

regards,

Midwest Jeff

John B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2006
It's official. The SVRA will allow Ford GT's to run in group 10 and 11 at the KIC this year without the addition of a roll cage or fuel cell. All other equipment should meet SVRA regulations. Among other things you will need an HSR/SVRA competition license, 6 point safety harnesses, labeled external kill switch, 2 lb fire extinguisher mounted in cockpit, 3 piece fire suit, nomex shoes & gloves, SA 2005 Helmet.

I'm bringing mine...

http://www.roadamerica.com/Competitors/KICInfoCenter.asp

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
News for those attending

I just got off the phone with Sue at RoadAmerica. They will have special parking for us as a group. Do not register for paddock parking. We will have to buy "Overcrew passes" at $65 for each occupant of a car (this eliminates the need for an entry ticket). You will need to pay $75 for the "Touring" for Saturday (track time, but just like parade laps, not fast), andf if you want, the extra $60 for the Concours in town Saturday night. Any other days you want will also need to be paid for.

You need to go the website for the event
http://roadamerica.motorsportsreg.com, download the forms and fax them in or register online. Don't worry about the $100 late fee for registering after June 16th. If you have nay questions please PM me with a phone number. Frank

jrz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 27, 2008
$65 each on what day? Saturday 7/18 free gate and paddock parking for drivers with Mustangs.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
We're not driving Mustangs, and they're not getting into the special parking we are according to her. We have different access to things.

In any event, DriveBy (Chicago) and I (way West of Chicago) are leaving about 4:00 AM and will meet at the North end of Milwaukee to get to the track about 8:00. We will spend the day doing whatever activities and then return home Saturday evening.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Latest info on RoadAmerica/Kohler Classic

Just got off the phone with the track. Pick up credentials at GATE 6 in the registration building. You may want to bring your Billing statement/receipt. We have special paddock parking for Ford GT's only. Unless your car has a very recent tech inspection, no racing other than the touring/parade laps, so I'm not even bringing my helmet or belts.

Frank