FUEL FILLER CHANGED wo/REMOVING FENDER

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Well, to be absolutely safe, you could adopt Pocket's strategy.....

:agree: EP never had a problem with the filler, the gauges didn't matter to him either.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Does pockets "valve" = what I call the "slider"?

Jcohen

Jun 5, 2011
Will this process you have describe also remove the gas cap cover and the trim ring on top of the fender as I would like to have mine painted.

Thanks
Jim Cohen

richardson221

GT Owner
Jun 2, 2007
Very helpful info. I am trying to get inner fender out, but unable to do so. Any special tricks to do this? Did you just replace the flapper part of the assembly? If so, do you have part number?
Thanks
Mike

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I can get the whole unit :

Part Number 4G7Z9034BA
Part Name PIP ASY FU/TNK FILL
MSRP $570.81
Core $0.00
Online Price $375.59

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Very helpful info. I am trying to get inner fender out, but unable to do so. Any special tricks to do this? Did you just replace the flapper part of the assembly? If so, do you have part number?
Thanks
Mike

Remove the 2 front screws of the side skirt so that it can hang down. After removing all of the fender liner fasteners, and taping up the fender lips, punch the liner inward to release it from the fender lip and then curl the two end together to make it a smaller diameter while rotating the back edge down toward the rear of the car. Lower the side skit will provide the clearance you need. It help to have a lift so that you can get the proper working height and leverage.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Remove the 2 front screws of the side skirt so that it can hang down. After removing all of the fender liner fasteners, and taping up the fender lips, punch the liner inward to release it from the fender lip and then curl the two end together to make it a smaller diameter while rotating the back edge down toward the rear of the car. Lower the side skit will provide the clearance you need. It help to have a lift so that you can get the proper working height and leverage.

I left the top half the filler intact and just changed the lower section so that I didn't need to remove the fender.

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
in that long thread somewhere I posted a detailed write up on f ender liner removal.

richardson221

GT Owner
Jun 2, 2007
Torrie,
I was able to get unit out of car, unable to get plastic insert out of tube so I would like to buy the new unit from you
Part Number 4G7Z9034BA
Part Name PIP ASY FU/TNK FILL
MSRP $570.81
Core $0.00
Online Price $375.59

I also broke the junction box from overflow tube into sensor. I can send pic if you give me your email.
I am in Mandarin south of Jax. If you are in St aug. can I pick up parts?
Thanks
Mike 904-923-4911

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Email me directly so you can send me the photo and I can get this order in motion. torrie@fastpartsnetwork.com

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Hello everyone.

I take this opportunity to ask this question again:
Someone he replaced the original cap by the cap with quick release with internal lock found on the GT40 and the Cobra?
It would go very well with the car and it would avoid these problems I have too.

Sincerely.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Not sure if that is compatible with the GT's ssytem software & electronics - might be a ball of snakes, or at least some significant software changes.