Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Thank you for putting this together Rich! :thumbsup

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Just a quick update on the front license plate bracket group buy.
I placed the order last Sunday and the work is underway. There were a total of 18 requests. I Still don't have the eta - but I'd guess about two weeks.
I've covered the costs for the group buy, and will calculate the costs (with shipping) to each of you when it all arrives in bulk at my home.
I'll need shipping and form of payment info in the next week or so. I'll ping each of you for the details.

Regards,
Rich

Excellent, can't wait!

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Just a quick update...
I just received the shipment of the front license plate brackets and PM'd everyone who placed a (group buy) order. If you asked to be part of the group buy but did not receive a PM from me, please let me know.
Thanks,
Rich

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Has anyone ever been hassled for not having a front plate?

I have. The wife says I must get a brkt. Please keep me in mind if you have an extra.

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
ThanKs Rich!!

John

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Thanks for the update Rich, PM sent:thumbsup

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Hi Rich, PM sent. usmcfred

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
Thanks, Rich. PM sent.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I saw with interest your front bracket. I live in NY with the same problem with the police giving "nuissance tickets". There was a black GT from Rochester NY With an interesting design. He fabricated a bracket in the shape of a double "T" the attached to screws holding the chin spoiler in two places. The small black metal bands ran forward and attached to the plate anteriorly to the plate which was angled forward and not obstructing the radiator. Appriximately one inch off the bottom of the plate was bent back under the numbers to decrese the amount of coverage the plate would have. He than used a small carbon fiber plate frame with one side removed to complete the look. It really looked great. The plate read "GT fordy" (NY). Hopefully he will read this and comment on his fabrication!!

a400ford

FGT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2007
Lake Tapps, WA
License plate bracket

Excellent, can't wait!

I haven't received a response regarding total cost. I will need to send a check. Please send name and mailing address. Thanks, Gerald

sandiegored

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2006
front license plate mount

Is it too late to get in on the order? I just received a fix-it-ticket this morning (SoCal). They really had a good time giving this to me.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Is it too late to get in on the order? I just received a fix-it-ticket this morning (SoCal). They really had a good time giving this to me.

Sorry to hear.:frown Is this why you were pulled over or were they piling on.:ack What type of agency pulled you over?

Thanks.

sandiegored

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2006
It was city of Poway police department. They had a random stop set up to "enforce" the law. They looked at my car, smiled at each other and then waived me over. When he told me he was giving me the ticket for the front license plate, I watched 6 cars go by without front plates. Asked him why they didn't pull them over he replied "you can't expect me to stop everyone". Fortunately my young daughter was in the car with me or I would probably be in front of a judge this afternoon.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

Just got mine in the mail today...for just this kinda special occasion. :eek

Thanks Rich!! Nice work BTW :thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
It was city of Poway police department. They had a random stop set up to "enforce" the law. They looked at my car, smiled at each other and then waived me over. When he told me he was giving me the ticket for the front license plate, I watched 6 cars go by without front plates. Asked him why they didn't pull them over he replied "you can't expect me to stop everyone". Fortunately my young daughter was in the car with me or I would probably be in front of a judge this afternoon.

Well there ya go! I feel much safer and will sleep like a baby tonight knowing another criminal has gotten his just deserts.:bored

Dino

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2006
Queens, NY
Use to be I was a young guy always getting front plate tickets from older cops. Now it seems I am an older guy still getting front plate tickets from younger cops. The irony.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Use to be I was a young guy always getting front plate tickets from older cops. Now it seems I am an older guy still getting front plate tickets from younger cops. The irony.

I take it this just happened AGAIN???:shrug

sandiegored

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2006
Isn't that the truth. Young and with an attitude to boot! While looking at my license he asks me how old I am. Must be difficult to figure out.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Said it B4 & I'll say it again, I don't care WHAT they tell you, the men in blue LOVE to ticket anyone driving an 'exotic' for anything they can come up with. It just makes their day on several levels. ('May not be "P.C." - or particularly smart - to say that, but it's the truth.)

The fact 'red watched 6 other plateless non exotic cars go thru unmolested sure duzzunt make a case in their defense on the issue.:bored

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.

I got a no front plate fix it ticket in South Pasadena Ca. Upon reading the fine print on the ticket it stated that if the insuficiency was fixed by a given date the fine would be rediced from $69 to $10.:frown I just put the plate on that porsche got the sherrif to sign it and paid the $10. Now I keep the plate mount from Mower Deck Axle Co. handy to get the next fixit ticket signed off. There web site is www.moweraxle.com and it screws into the tow hook receptical. Order one and get yours signed off. Good luck
FLY GT40:thumbsup