Front License Plate Mount

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
I just took delivery of the FGT front license plate mount. As I mentioned previously, it's a custom design that mounts to the tow hook threads. The builder makes these for Porsche's, Aston's and a few others. We worked together to spec out the dimensions for this new part.
Very nice machining work. It disassembles into a few pieces that are easily packed, and handy to have in those rare cases where the car has to be demonstrably legal - even if you have to forgo some of the great lines of the car while it is attached.
I'd be happy to organize a group purchase if anyone is interested. Just PM me.
Oh, and pardon the sloppy photos - these were just some quick and dirty ones done today. I notice that the bracket isn't even straight and level. Very unlike me. Really. :)

Attachments

• Ford GT - 83.jpg
    Ford GT - 83.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 925
  • Ford GT - 85.jpg
    Ford GT - 85.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 920
  • Ford GT - 87.jpg
    Ford GT - 87.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 917
  • Ford GT - 88.jpg
    Ford GT - 88.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 916

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
How do you Mount?

Has anyone figured out how the front license bracket SUPPLIED BY FORD FOR OUR GT is to be mounted?
Many have discussed custom mounts, etc for those states requiring front plates but I have not seen how to use the one supplied in the front trunk of our cars when we took delivery.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
YOU DRILL IT THROUGH THE BUMPER INDY!!! Then you screw it in...no one wants to drill holes in the bumper.. thats why no one uses it :)

Matt

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I just took delivery of the FGT front license plate mount.

How much?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Has anyone figured out how the front license bracket SUPPLIED BY FORD FOR OUR GT is to be mounted?
Many have discussed custom mounts, etc for those states requiring front plates but I have not seen how to use the one supplied in the front trunk of our cars when we took delivery.

BIG FRIGGING (color coordinated) DRYWALL SCREWS :ack

a400ford

FGT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2007
Lake Tapps, WA
I would be interested in one. Let me know if they become available. Gerald

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
I as well would be interested, NY requires front plates!!

John

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
I will take one, do you have a ballpark price?

Derry

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
+1

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Has anyone ever been hassled for not having a front plate?

somelee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 9, 2007
New York & SoCal

not me (yet)......and frankly I'd rather just pay the ticket everytime then to mount one up there.......

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Here in Cal-fool-nia if your a kid or the law is looking for a reason to do a stop, the lack of a front plate is a slam dunk fix it ticket.

That being said, I don't have front plates on any of my cars,... I have never been stopped.

I will buy the bracket just to have it in the event that I am tagged.

By the way, she is a good swimmer. :)

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Count me in for one. I have been stopped in TX once by the highway patrol. Talked my way out of it. City cops don't seem to care. A licence holder would be handy on trips out of town. AC

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Count me in too. Where can I get one. In towns that get alot of revenue from red light cameras they like to walk parking lots and ticket all cars with out front plates.:mad The fix it ticket is $65 but if you get it signed off as fixed and read the fine print and fix it in the prescribed time it goes down to $10. The handy and removeable tow hook mount would be a help.:tongue:devil

paulo5656

GT Owner
Feb 18, 2006
I will take one.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI

None of my vehicles have a front license plate and though I get hassled on rare occassion, I can think of only one instance when I was actually ticketed for it.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Front Plates

That is a very professional design by the way it uses the tow hook hole. Just my 2 cents here, but as a walker-by and seeing what a nice car and how potentially rich one is, doesn't it seem to stick out like a sharp metal bladed object (which it is) and could injure someone while parked? Not being a pessimist here, just a realist in today's lawsuit happy society. I don't know if even a surrounding plate frame would help all that much. As for me, I would keep it under the seat secured and just say if fell off or the bracket is on order. I would ten times rather pay a ticket than "injure" someone in today's world.

Last edited:

spetry

Oct 29, 2007
palo alto, ca
I'm interested

let me know the details when you get them

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
I've gotten a number of replies from folks who want to be added to the group order. I'll send out PM acknowledgements to everyone who's requested one asap. I'll sum up the order and place it based on requests received by the end of this weekend.
Just to be clear, I have no affiliation with the individual building this part. It's just a way to thank all of you who have been so helpful in making this whole FGT thing an ongoing outstanding experience.
Thanks,
Rich

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I've gotten a number of replies from folks who want to be added to the group order. I'll send out PM acknowledgements to everyone who's requested one asap. I'll sum up the order and place it based on requests received by the end of this weekend.
Just to be clear, I have no affiliation with the individual building this part. It's just a way to thank all of you who have been so helpful in making this whole FGT thing an ongoing outstanding experience.
Thanks,
Rich

Thank you Rich!