Ford Racing Exhaust

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Great info in this thread. For those that have an x-pipe, do you get any drone with it? Is it comfortable enough to cruise with for a while?

Reason I ask is that I have an x-pipe in storage that I've never installed but have a Ford Racing muffler on the car right now. I have a feeling the welds have cracked though and considering swapping.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Slight drone at 2800 rpm so its easy to avoid it.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Great info in this thread. For those that have an x-pipe, do you get any drone with it? Is it comfortable enough to cruise with for a while?

Reason I ask is that I have an x-pipe in storage that I've never installed but have a Ford Racing muffler on the car right now. I have a feeling the welds have cracked though and considering swapping.
I believe it may vary with which x-pipe you have.

I have the GT Guys' and have minimal drone at one spot that is not in a standard cruising speed/RPM's.

Reactions: GTMD

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I have GTG one and have had Accufab.

I have had a cracked ford racing muffler too…and don’t miss it.

Vinithing

Apr 6, 2023
WI
Is there a spot where the exhaust usually cracks?

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
In y experience along the welded seems. Easy to see.

Vinithing

Apr 6, 2023
WI
Along the top side you can see from the engine bay or just anywhere along the seams?

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Mine were on the ends.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I had all my Borla exhaust external seams rewelded by a competent local shop. My catalytic converter also cracked, probably from the stress of my amatuer installation of the Borla muffler. That threw an error code due to air being drawn in on decelleration. I had the converter rewelded by the same shop years after the muffler. All good now.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Think twice before you put headers on! Very loud! I had to take mine off because my wife wouldn’t go in the car! She said I ruined her driving enjoyment

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Think twice before you put headers on! Very loud! I had to take mine off because my wife wouldn’t go in the car! She said I ruined her driving enjoyment
Unless of course.....

Reactions: extrap

Vinithing

Apr 6, 2023
WI
I have Ford Racing exhaust, headers, pulley and tune. Not too loud by any means…

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have Ford Racing exhaust, headers, pulley and tune. Not too loud by any means…

+1

Reactions: Sinovac

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
ROFLMAO but I like it.

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
for those mentioning a slight drone with the x-pipe.. Mine has zero drone, we wrapped the x-pipe with a premium heat shield wrap

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Unless of course.....
😂

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico
Yes. I had tooling made for headers that will bolt up to stock muffler and aftermarket x pipes. I will also be able to incorporate mufflers or cats into them for guys who want to run in cali.. I also built tooling for x pipes for both bumper delete and stock bumper.
I'd be a +1 on a set of headers!!

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Yea maybe me too Dan ,i have the racing exhaust but it's quieter than i expected ,but does sound better when you step on it ,the standard exhaust must really be quiet .

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
The standard OE exhaust is pretty quiet. I found the Ford Racing/Borla muff to be about my limit of noise for a road car. It weighs about 20 lbs less too.

Reactions: dshears

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
Stock muffler is silent. Ford Racing/Borla is what you'd expect to be stock.

Reactions: dshears and KJD