Ford Racing Exhaust

saleenrose

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2013
Would love to buy the Ford Racing exhaust, I know it is going to be hard to find but still looking. I would do headers to Muffler if someone has it. Thanks

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Borla made that exhaust for Ford so you can still buy that one....to be honest though, I think there are better aftermarket options so look around.

On the header to exhaust side, I have the Ford cat delete system, and it makes the car sound like the gates of hell opening.....not for everyone. This engine sounds great with it though.

Get just the exhaust section first and try it.

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I have a new take off for sale.. has 200 miles on it

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I had the Borla, now I have Rich's GT Guys cross pipe, night and day better!!!!!

Reactions: roketman

saleenrose

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2013
I have a new take off for sale.. has 200 miles on it
What do you have and how much do you want?

Reactions: LMT84

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
I have one available. Message sent.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
The muffler welds will fail sooner or later on first or second generation.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
If you're just looking for more rumble rather than performance, you could consider removing the muffler and replacing it with an X pipe, which is what mine has. I think there are 2-3 sources for X pipes. If I recall correctly (and I might have to correct this if someone says I've got something wrong) the wise source we all know around here told me this is the order of exhaust volume, quietest to loudest:

1. All stock
2. Replace the OEM muffler with the Ford Racing muffler
3. Replace the OEM muffler with an X pipe ... which is mine. I was concerned it might be so loud it'd wake the neighbors, but def not. Perfect.
4. Replace the cats with headers, keep the OEM muffler (I think)
5. Replace the cats with headers, with Ford Racing muffler (I think)
6. Replace the cats with headers, with an X pipe. This is the one referred to as a "20 minute car" cuz that's how long you can stand it! Or maybe it was 5 above, and 6.

Experts ... Do I have this correct?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Subjective, but fair enough. I would say that the headers with OE muff and headers with Ford Racing muff are not as loud as cats + X pipe. Headers plus X-pipe are hearing-damage loud. Last year at The Ridge motorsports, Mike was running his car with that setup, and every time he mashed the loud pedal down the straight, the corner workers had to put their fingers in their ears.

I run my car with FR muff. From inside the cabin, It's somewhat louder when you put your foot into it, but for highway cruising it's only a little louder than the OE muff.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I supplied him with a muffler and will be supplying him with headers that bolt up to a muffler or x pipe.. My fixtures will be done this weekend it sounds like. Should sound great!

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Being in CA I couldn't get away with the headers but I am using the Racing muff.
Its sounds better but at certain speeds/rpms there is now a notable drone.
The headers are going on there when/if I evet get out of here.

Reactions: white out

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
If you're just looking for more rumble rather than performance, you could consider removing the muffler and replacing it with an X pipe, which is what mine has. I think there are a 2-3 sources for X pipes. If I recall correctly (and I might have to correct this if someone says I've got something wrong) the wise source we all know around here told me this is the order of exhaust volume:

1 All stock
2 Replace the OEM muffler for the Ford Racing muffler
3 Replace the OEM muffler with an X pipe ... which is mine. I was concerned it might be so loud it'd wake the neighbors, but def not. Perfect.
4 Replace the cats with headers, keep the OEM muffler (I think)
5 Replace the cats with headers, with Ford Racing muffler (I think)
6 Replace the cats with headers, with an X pipe. This is the one referred to as a "20 minute car" cuz that's how long you can stand it! Or maybe it was 5 above, and 6.

Experts ... Do I have this correct?
Option 7-9. Stock manifold +cat delete pipe+ cat back option x,y,z

If you drive your car, cat back xpipe is all you need.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Headers plus X-pipe are hearing-damage loud. Last year at The Ridge motorsports, Mike was running his car with that setup, and every time he mashed the loud pedal down the straight, the corner workers had to put their fingers in their ears.
And it was AWESOME!!!!

Reactions: 2112

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
And it was AWESOME!!!!

Sounded great to me. 😎

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I supplied him with a muffler and will be supplying him with headers that bolt up to a muffler or x pipe.. My fixtures will be done this weekend it sounds like. Should sound great!

Are you fabbing headers?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Are you fabbing headers?
Yes. I had tooling made for headers that will bolt up to stock muffler and aftermarket x pipes. I will also be able to incorporate mufflers or cats into them for guys who want to run in cali.. I also built tooling for x pipes for both bumper delete and stock bumper.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yes. I had tooling made for headers that will bolt up to stock muffler and aftermarket x pipes. I will also be able to incorporate mufflers or cats into them for guys who want to run in cali.. I also built tooling for x pipes for both bumper delete and stock bumper.

Damn! Can’t wait to see pictures.

Unexpected61

Aug 26, 2021
Marco Island FL.
This is exactly what I am looking for. Do you have an ETA? B.M.F. I tried to PM you last night, probably did something wrong.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
To loud and my wife won’t ride with me!

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
I had the Ford Racing but ended up with X-Pipe muffler delete and so much better. Not only sound, but have that area open creates much better airflow.