Ford GT Allocation Stats & News

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
There will be a lock up agreement.. I'm guessing for 3 years..

At one of the Ford marketing events, they said 2 years.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Still don't understand how a Ford GT owner who owns and has owned numerous new Ford products who additionally provided a $1000 out of his pocket to any of 150 employees who bought a new Ford product in a 90 day window in 2009 when Ford refused a government bailout and who received a personal letter from Bill Ford thanking me for my loyalty to Ford stating " that it brought a smile to his face" and included all of this in his application did not receive an allocation or at the least make the priority list. Help me out.

Dolph

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2012
Ruston, LA
Gary, I understand your concern. I think a lot of GT owners not chosen have a lot of questions. I think there are a lot of disappointed people out there. I know I was not even chosen to be considered and I was raised in a Ford dealership by my grandfather. I've been a Ford fan all my life. And I'm ready to write the check today, I don't have to sell anything to do it and I have the room reserved for it, and I would not spend my time on social media talking about it, I would drive the hell out of it.

Dolph

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
My guess is they filtered all the applications to create a pool of eligible buyers, then did a random selection from that pool. So, first you had to get selected to be in the pool, then you had to get lucky. It 'splains the outcomes reasonably well.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
My guess is they filtered all the applications to create a pool of eligible buyers, then did a random selection from that pool. So, first you had to get selected to be in the pool, then you had to get lucky. It 'splains the outcomes reasonably well.

Seeing the large % of forum members selected I think there was much more involved than a blind date. Good for forum!!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
60% of recipients are existing GT owners. 60% of 500 is 300 current GT owners receiving NGT. I think I saw where only about 70 Forum Members have admitted to receiving NGT. 70 of 300 is 23%. Not what I would call a high percentage of recipients being Forum Members? IMO

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
60% of recipients are existing GT owners. 60% of 500 is 300 current GT owners receiving NGT. I think I saw where only about 70 Forum Members have admitted to receiving NGT. 70 of 300 is 23%. Not what I would call a high percentage of recipients being Forum Members? IMO

Not all have chosen to go public…there are more.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Yes - 300 of current Ford GT owners have (60%) received a 'Congratulations Letter". I know more owners who have NOT STATED they received one ...than owners who have said "I got one."
Many people just don't want it broadcast.
However, In my opinion , for Ford Motor Co to allocate 60% of the first 500 to be built to ''Current Ford GT owners'', is very admirable regardless of who they want to tell or what forum they belong to....
andy(AJB)

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Yes - 300 of current Ford GT owners have (60%) received a 'Congratulations Letter". I know more owners who have NOT STATED they received one ...than owners who have said "I got one."
Many people just don't want it broadcast.
However, In my opinion , for Ford Motor Co to allocate 60% of the first 500 to be built to ''Current Ford GT owners'', is very admirable regardless of who they want to tell or what forum they belong to....
andy(AJB)

What he said. :agree:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Ford GT owners are not nessesarily forum guys. Many Ford GT owners have never been on the forum. There is no way to make it "fair" for everyone. Just not enough cars to go around. Plenty of people that deserved one got declined, but that's just the nature of the beast on an extremely limited car. Best thing to do is hope they announce additional cars and then you get another chance.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
The problem is not knowing why you were denied.

Joe

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
The figure was 69% were owners of 05-06 Gt's.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Joe

This is a classic ranking and rating system. Once I didn't get the raise and promotion I was expecting. When I asked why the answer was "someone else got it". I didn't stay working for that manager very much longer.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

Joe

Joe,

Looking at the lineup of cars you own shows you are a real enthusiast and there is certainly no reason you were denied. The bulk of people wading through the application process would be deserving owners. It's just numbers. If 4000 of those applicants would be great owners and there are only 500 GTs to distribute in the first two years then only 1 out of 8 is going to get an allocation. On the plus side there will almost certainly be more than 500 GTs produced so stay positive and in the game. Cheers.

Chip

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Joe,

Looking at the lineup of cars you own shows you are a real enthusiast and there is certainly no reason you were denied. The bulk of people wading through the application process would be deserving owners. It's just numbers. If 4000 of those applicants would be great owners and there are only 500 GTs to distribute in the first two years then only 1 out of 8 is going to get an allocation. On the plus side there will almost certainly be more than 500 GTs produced so stay positive and in the game. Cheers.

Chip

x 2.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I feel I was a worthy applicant (though I didn't even make the wait list), although it is clear from these threads that (I hate to admit it) people much more worthy than me were also denied. But yes, simple math dictates that many of us were destined to receive the heartbreaking email from Ford.

What I would LOOOOVE to know is how many people were given a spot on the wait list. Recent news has me optimistic that perhaps another 500 or so people will end up with a new FGT (1000 total) in the coming 4 years. But, if 500 people or more got the "wait list" letter, then I might as well not hold my breath... unless maybe I made the "wait list" for the "wait list". :wink

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Joe,

Chip
Thank you Chip! I am hoping that the second time is the charm.

Joe

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Joe,

Looking at the lineup of cars you own shows you are a real enthusiast and there is certainly no reason you were denied. The bulk of people wading through the application process would be deserving owners. It's just numbers. If 4000 of those applicants would be great owners and there are only 500 GTs to distribute in the first two years then only 1 out of 8 is going to get an allocation. On the plus side there will almost certainly be more than 500 GTs produced so stay positive and in the game. Cheers. Chip <quote >

I agree 100% with Chip. I went into this thinking that it was highly likely that I would NOT be approved, even though I have owned Five Ford GT's and currently own three along with many SVT and Shelby cars, not to mention the European cars, Viper collection, etc.. I figured I would be one lucky S.O.B. If Ford said yes, but figured my fate was likely (given the odds) Ford would say NO. To my shock and surprise, they said YES. I guess I am one lucky S.O.B. I wouldn't feel any differently about the Ford Motor Co. either way. On the other hand I have friends who most likely deserved to get on the approved list, but were instead on the WAIT list, but got so pissed off they decided to cancel all future orders for their new GT 350's, Raptors, etc. and are selling all Ford products in their collection due to their disappointment. Honestly, I don't get it. Do the F'n MATH. If you got a wait list letter, be grateful, you most likely will get a new Ford GT. Don't be emotional. In 2003 I collected all the publicity, called Ford, did everything I could to "get on the list". In 2005 when the first GT's came out, my dealer called me to tell me they had a GT for me priced $100K over MSRP. At that point I knew I would never own a Ford GT. Guess what, in 2005 I bought my first new GT (from a different dealer, by the way) under MSRP, and bought four more every year thereafter. Never say NEVER. There are only a handful being built, not everyone who is approved will actually be able to buy one. YOU may be next in line, don't bad mouth Ford if you didn't get one. The first round, there are only 250 per year being built with more than 6,900 applicants wanting one. For what it's worth.....

Last edited:

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Joe,

Looking at the lineup of cars you own shows you are a real enthusiast and there is certainly no reason you were denied. The bulk of people wading through the application process would be deserving owners. It's just numbers. If 4000 of those applicants would be great owners and there are only 500 GTs to distribute in the first two years then only 1 out of 8 is going to get an allocation. On the plus side there will almost certainly be more than 500 GTs produced so stay positive and in the game. Cheers. Chip <quote >

I agree 100% with Chip. I went into this thinking that it was highly likely that I would NOT be approved, even though I have owned Five Ford GT's and currently own three along with many SVT and Shelby cars, not to mention the European cars, Viper collection, etc.. I figured I would be one lucky S.O.B. If Ford said yes, but figured my fate was likely (given the odds) Ford would say NO. To my shock and surprise, they said YES. I guess I am one lucky S.O.B. I wouldn't feel any differently about the Ford Motor Co. either way. On the other hand I have friends who most likely deserved to get on the approved list, but were instead on the WAIT list, but got so pissed off they decided to cancel all future orders for their new GT 350's, Raptors, etc. and are selling all Ford products in their collection due to their disappointment. Honestly, I don't get it. Do the F'n MATH. If you got a wait list letter, be grateful, you most likely will get a new Ford GT. Don't be emotional. In 2003 I collected all the publicity, called Ford, did everything I could to "get on the list". In 2005 when the first GT's came out, my dealer called me to tell me they had a GT for me priced $100K over MSRP. At that point I knew I would never own a Ford GT. Guess what, in 2005 I bought my first new GT (from a different dealer, by the way) under MSRP, and bought four more every year thereafter. Never say NEVER. There are only a handful being built, not everyone who is approved will actually be able to buy one. YOU may be next in line, don't bad mouth Ford if you didn't get one. The first round, there are only 250 per year being built with more than 6,900 applicants wanting one. For what it's worth.....

Yes, I'm bummed I didn't make the list. But my quest to be an owner still exist; It might just take longer. More importantly, I'm just thrilled that Ford built the New GT. And that there are so many that wish they could have one makes it even more impressive. We have a true American Supercar once again. Go Ford!

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
DBK: Out of sheer curiosity, how many of the 69% are "original" FGT owners?

Last edited: