Entertaining GT Vs. ZR1 discussion on another forum

H

HHGT

djs wins the the "I am smarter than Sam" award!

No surprise there, everyone is smarter than me.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
I'd like to thank the academy for this generous award, and in keeping with the sentiment of the original thread, the Ford GT kicks @$$ over the ZR1, Z06, all Lambos, and any F car short of an Enzo (and maybe the 458. Still want stick shift though. And he F%*kers at Ferrari even made their newest car look like a GT!).
Thank you, thank you, God bless you and goodnight.:lol:banana

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
And to all the idiots who believed GM was back......The union just posted this morning the pension fund is short by OOPPPSSIE $62 BILLION DOLLARS...........A"HOLES.......GOD BLESS FORD....GM STILL SUCKS.....
By the way, say a prayer for gtjoey , I have both my uncles from the model a picture in nursing homes and the MKX thank God is going back for the new Explorer......hopefully its 100% better than the MKX.....I HOPE...

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Is that the guy who claimed it is not a Ford since it was not assembled on a normal factory assembly line?

who knows, I was going to post something on there but then I realized whats the point!

some people just get it, some dont!

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
who knows, I was going to post something on there but then I realized whats the point!

some people just get it, some dont!

I agree. Is it really worth posting a reply to someone who has obviously been lost in space for decades???

On the govenor quiz. I'm also going with Cheech and Chong.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
GM SUCKS AND THE NEW VETE LOOKS M/Fing UGLY.................GTJOEY1314

I think this could be condensed to 'fugly'. One might say, for example, 'the new Vette is fugly', this could be further enhanced 'the new vette is 'mofugly'.

Whilst a British accent is a little unhelpful, I am, nonetheless, just starting to learn street - so this is merely a modest shout out to my homies.

Hope it helps. :)

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Perhaps, young chap or we can stick with the traditonal......" GM is in quite a bit of a mess ...and as per the look of the new corvette , well thats a whole other kettle of fish."..........just wait till my kid posts the new joy ride im going to post tonite.....you will be quite impressed....Good day.

H

HHGT

I think this could be condensed to 'fugly'. One might say, for example, 'the new Vette is fugly', this could be further enhanced 'the new vette is 'mofugly'.

Whilst a British accent is a little unhelpful, I am, nonetheless, just starting to learn street - so this is merely a modest shout out to my homies.

Hope it helps. :)

Hey Nielda, where you ever in Madison County...http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=VKsVSBhSwJg&annotation_id=annotation_651006

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
My friend has a 67 427 vete, auto with air .I think it is rather nice.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
DBK: Is that the California Governor in your Avatar or is younger twin brother enjoying some sort of "religious experience"?

Pumping Iron. One of the best movies ever made. It scores a 10 on the unintentional comedy scale.

[video=youtube;iMjG2s6UOaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMjG2s6UOaw[/video]

p.s, Arnold was an absolute freak of nature in the 70's. People forget what an athlete he was before he was Conan.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
My $.02 worth,
Years ago, I made a similar mistake to Luke by pulling up to a Vette/Camaro/GM musclecar event in my '73 Pantera. The true blue Chevrophiles were pissed. The crowd in general was appreciative of the car, especially (this was in 1990) when they learned the car was 17 years old and still could run rings around almost anything GM had built before or since. Which brings me to my real point. I am AMAZED that in the last week, I have read the Vette and the Ferrari forum where most owners/thread posters AGREE that the GT is superior to their mark!!! WOW, is this the end times? Does the apocalypse approacheth? It is nothing short of incredible that Chevrophiles would grasp that the GT is a superior and not just a rarer car in design and application (and let's face it, it is for all intents and purposes 8 yrs older than a ZR1 and the perfomance difference is nearly insignificant. We all know nominal tuning upgrades allow the GT to still outperform any competitors). However, for the Italian F car afficianodos to also recognize the GT for it's dynanism, it makes me wonder if we are living in a parallel universe. Que the Twilight Zone music.

Living in Detroit brings with it some great opportunities to "mingle" with the other brands. I have two favorites, and can't pick the best.

One was taking the GT to GM proving grounds - the 'official' entry is actually about 1/2 mile into GM's test compound. Got all the way to the gate, and was turned around by the guards, but not before there was lots of Q&A and pictures.

The other was over at the Chrysler museum in Auburn Hills - HQ for Chrysler. Arrived just in time one fine weekend day to find myself in the midst of a Mopar Muscle reunion. Didn't stand out much. Nice folks gave me a parking spot in a corner - all by myself. Lots of foot traffic and pictures. And, yes of course, an old big block guy who just knew a Hemi was faster than a GT.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I just joined Golds Gym.

H

HHGT

I just joined Golds Gym.

I heard all Gold's Gyms have medical marijuana dispensaries next door.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I heard all Gold's Gyms have medical marijuana dispensaries next door.

And they have steroid dispensers in the changing rooms!

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Nope not interested in that. Listened to Arnold's video and figured if getting all pumped makes you feel "that good"...I can remain a faithfully married man and have my cake too! ;)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Arnold was definitely on the roids by the time that came out, but they were legal so I don't hold it against him. He was undoubtedly huge and well defined in the non-steroid era as well. And he was obviously using it to pick up an ungodly amount of chicks.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Think it will work for me????

;)

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Nope not interested in that. Listened to Arnold's video and figured if getting all pumped makes you feel "that good"...I can remain a faithfully married man and have my cake too! ;)

Getting pumped is good. Also, having your cake is one thing.....but eating it is another.

64c2vette

Future GT Owner
Dec 20, 2009
CA
Chevy guy chimes in

So I have been a life long Chevrolet guy, starting with a 1969 Z-28 dual quad cross-ram (honest) and the only exception being a Ford factory built 1966 F150 truck with a t-bird interior (long story, but cool truck). That said the cars on my short lust list are the 2005/2006 Ford GT, The new Boss 302 Laguna Seca edition, and a Z06 or ZR-1 Corvette. Price and insurance costs aside the Ford GT is my top choice without question. So now you have heard from the "other side". With the recovery of the market and the new tax bill it looks like I can actually swing the Ford GT in 2011. It will be a keeper that is for sure.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
64c2vette:
get the GT. Nuff said. Furthermore, get the Boss too and you'll really become blue oval guy. You've had the Holy Grail of Pony Cars (4 whl disc too?), now buy the greatest super car of all, particularly when you factor performance quotient. No car, EVER, has been able to do what a GT has done, for the money involved to turn the super car world on it's head. Granted the Z06 and ZR1 are unbelievable performance bargains for the $$ involved, but as many have said before me, they still look like a Vette. The GT is bad personified. Find another mid engine car that does 205 out of the box for an MSRP of $160Gs. Furthermore, they don't break, unlike their more expensive Italian competition. Lastly, there are lots of people on this site that can make your future GT so monster fast that nothing will run with it, and it will still cost thousands less than the rapidly depreciating Italians you needn't consider.